Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

I would pay a shit-ton of money for a GTA MMO.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

APB go go go

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

I just want MMOs to go back to the way they were a bit.  No more WoW-radar system, less linear evolution, more starting cities...

If you could make a game that played like Everquest, but was basically an incredibly massive version of Oblivion, with more variety of environments and enemies and such...

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Diamond said:

" I just want MMOs to go back to the way they were a bit.  No more WoW-radar system, less linear evolution, more starting cities...  If you could make a game that played like Everquest, but was basically an incredibly massive version of Oblivion, with more variety of environments and enemies and such... "

Yeah like an MMO, where the enemies had no levels, but once you start fighting them, the enemies automatically level to your level, so a level 1 and a level 20 could fight the same monster, but when the level 1 fights it, it will be level 1, when the level 20 fights it, it will be level 20....It would also leave less grind and make exploration more fun, so no area would be too hard or too high a level for someone.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Diamond
@TheMustacheHero said:

" @Diamond said:

" I just want MMOs to go back to the way they were a bit.  No more WoW-radar system, less linear evolution, more starting cities...  If you could make a game that played like Everquest, but was basically an incredibly massive version of Oblivion, with more variety of environments and enemies and such... "

Yeah like an MMO, where the enemies had no levels, but once you start fighting them, the enemies automatically level to your level, so a level 1 and a level 20 could fight the same monster, but when the level 1 fights it, it will be level 1, when the level 20 fights it, it will be level 20....It would also leave less grind and make exploration more fun, so no area would be too hard or too high a level for someone. "
I don't mean it like that, but that's actually a scary good idea, I could see WoW2 implementing that.  One thing I miss though in MMOs was that one big nasty mob that would roam the near newbie zone, oh shit run Hill Giant!  oh shit run Griffon!  Then finally being high enough level to take those bastards on!  That was one of the best things EQ1 did IMO.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

The only way I could ever get into is if they make a Pokemon or Digimon MMO

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green
@Black_Rose said:
" The only way I could ever get into is if they make a Pokemon or Digimon MMO "
that would be kick ass to have a pokemon MMO. what i've always said when pokemon stadium and snap came out i want a 3D pokemon game. i would want them to be the original 150 pokemons. i'm not a fan of the new pokemon. i stopped watching pokemon when there were new ones coming out. 

something else that i want for a MMO is like a oblivion one. i played WOW back a couple of years ago and i remember people talking about oblivion. when i bought it for the PC i was disappointed that it wasn't a MMO. i really enjoyed the graphics on it though. i out grow of it not being a MMO though.
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Metroid545
@Emandudeguyperson said:
" I would pay a shit-ton of money for a GTA MMO. "
thats the best idea i've heard all day
eyehook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eyehook

I'd love an espionage MMO where it's all freaking mind games...  Am I on your side, or the other side...? dum dum dum.... 

Make the social part of MMOs the actual gameplay... too clever, I know. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Something with an involved but accessible combat system, and perhaps a more modern setting. GTA was a good suggestion since the existing setup of the game would be a good launchpad for an MMO.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By CL60

APB?

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Valames

Pokemon MMO I choose you!

A real one, not that weird one they have now. I want community manager controlled gym leaders, some sort of survey given in the begining for your starting Pokemon, and a league that is much like a sort of arena battle system found in WoW. Go now, call who you know and make it happen!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JJOR64

Pokemon MMO would be awesome.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Psyx2

Something less grindy. Who says an MMORPG needs to be like that? Just make a normal RPG with a good story and deep character development without having stupid "go kill 15 boars" quests. It can still be massively multiplayer. Something like Oblivion with co-op. More engaging combat, instead of just randomly clicking spells and hoping it hits. Leveling up your abilities is good and all, but like mentioned before, make it so that enemies are the same level as you.

As for a setting, I'm getting kind of bored of fantasy stuff. I'd like to see more sci-fi settings.

Muddy_Cheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Muddy_Cheeks

I would really love to see something like daoc

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mrnitropb

A persistent World War One MMOFPRPG?

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MVP1101

I think Highlander would work  as a MMO.  Pokemon or Digimon would be good MMOs too

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By penguindust

I don't know why someone hasn't done something with White Wolf's old table-top RPG setting of " the World of Darkness".  This was the universe for games like Vampire: The Requiem and Werewolf: The Forsaken.  Over time, the world became populated by lots of different "bump in the night" creatures as well as magic wielding humans.  The old PS2/Xbox/NGC games Hunter: The Reckoning and its sequel Redeemer were based in that game universe.  There were also a couple of crappy RPGs that focused on the vampire branch of the world, Vampire: the Mascaraed - Redemption and Bloodlines.  I always liked the idea of a shadow world right next to everyday human life and something were players could choose sides in the large scheme or rebel and forge their own alliances.  I'm hoping that The Secret World might be something like that but who knows since there is precious little information on the game, itself.

Also, someone needs to finally give gamers the Shadowrun MMO they've been dreaming about since the dawn of massive online games.  More elves with uzis, more trolls hacking "the Gibson" and more hot witch girls doing favors for wet-gear in a Neo-Tokyo setting.

Domdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Domdog

Starship Troopers MMO.

FutonDuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FutonDuke

A good quality long thought out, zombie style survival MMO, The slow zombies, the baracading, the grouping together with other survivors or going it alone, finding food, or fighting others for it...yeah that would be nice

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheMustacheHero said:
Yeah like an MMO, where the enemies had no levels, but once you start fighting them, the enemies automatically level to your level, so a level 1 and a level 20 could fight the same monster, but when the level 1 fights it, it will be level 1, when the level 20 fights it, it will be level 20....It would also leave less grind and make exploration more fun, so no area would be too hard or too high a level for someone. "

Very good idea. They should make a Fast and Furious mmo where everyone is paul walker.