• 62 results
bossjimbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By bossjimbob

The Xbox 360 controller is my favorite by far, though the Dualshock 2 and Wavebird aren't bad, either.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By meteora

For my favourite console controller I'd pick the Xbox 360 controller. Slips into my hands very nicely, is aesthetically appealing (as long as you don't look directly at the area where the bumper and triggers were), wireless, has a button that can turn a console on/off (PS3 has this as well but I don't have it), and is very comfortable. My only complaint as many others has raised, is the bloody spongy d-pad. You'd think they'd take a issue on that. I hear they've addressed this with a new green controller but that's for a limited time, which makes no sense to me.

Runner up is the Dualshock 2. I'm not sure why, but I like it. Only problem is it's too darn small so my hands get pretty sweaty after a while. Even if the controller felt comfortable to you, eventually the built up of moisture will get you. I'm not sure if this has to do with big or small hands.

I think the N64 controller was pretty good, as long as you entirely ignore the D-pad and hold the controller by the middle.

GameON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By GameON
daniel_beck_90 said:
"X360 controller is the best in my opinion

Al3xand3r said:
"For anything 2D (or things like SFIV) this is the best controller. It's got the best button placement, and the best d-pad. It was originally created for the SEGA Saturn, taking after the successful design of the 6-button Genesis controller, but since then it has been re-released for just about any platform there is, including the PC. Even CAPCOM's custom fighting pads released for various systems, like the PlayStation 2, pretty much ripped this design off.
"
  I never liked those controllers , they were not comfy at all "
I loved the Saturn pads, except the shoulder buttons had a weird shape if I remember correctly.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#54  Edited By AgentJ

I want to say the SNES controller. I wanted to say the 360 controller, but the D Pad is just awful. The Wavebird is very nice. 

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By alexrubens

it's a toss up between the Phantom Lapboard and the RE4 chainsaw.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't have big hands, but I have long, alien fingers, so I really loved the Duke.

But the S Controller and the 360 are definitely more comfortable, more accessible improvements, even though Microsoft really needs to lift a page out of Sony's book and steal their controller's D-pad. 

The Gamecube controller feels nice when you're holding it but it's sort of uncomfortable, pragmatically.  For me, this also goes for the Dual Shock controllers.  And I don't particularly care for the more "trigger-esque" shoulder buttons of the PS3 controller.

Overall, I'd definitely have to echo every one else--the 360 controller is as close to perfect as we've yet seen.  Just a simple fix of the D-Pad, and I'd be content with that for a long time.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By Diamond

360 best overall IMO.  The sticks just feel so right, way better than PS3 controller.  Controller also fits my hand well.  Triggers are nice and bumpers are a decent concept.  Add 2 more face buttons and fix the dpad and we have a controller that could never be bested.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Diamond said:
"360 best overall IMO.  The sticks just feel so right, way better than PS3 controller.  Controller also fits my hand well.  Triggers are nice and bumpers are a decent concept.  Add 2 more face buttons and fix the dpad and we have a controller that could never be bested."
What would you need two more face buttons for? 
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Diamond
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Diamond said:
"360 best overall IMO.  The sticks just feel so right, way better than PS3 controller.  Controller also fits my hand well.  Triggers are nice and bumpers are a decent concept.  Add 2 more face buttons and fix the dpad and we have a controller that could never be bested."
What would you need two more face buttons for?  "
Street Fighter IV
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#60  Edited By AgentJ
Diamond said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Diamond said:
What would you need two more face buttons for?  "
Street Fighter IV"
At first i was saying the same thing as Sir_Ragnarok, but then I realized how right you were. Especially with how expensive the arcade sticks are.
GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GiantRetard

dualshock 3 hands down
 cant beet good ol sony

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points