• 88 results
#1 Edited by Hangid (104 posts) -

www.giantbomb.com/profile/GregK   Im pretty sure its real because Jeff added him and his "about me" write sounds like him.

#2 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Cool, he was probably the best reviewer in GS, i respect the man

#3 Posted by h8smikemoore (155 posts) -

if this is true, GB just won big time.

#4 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

carrie also joined gb... not a big deal really. just some long time friends of the guys running the site.

#5 Posted by Nik_NYG (558 posts) -

Cool.

#6 Posted by ImWayGooderest (75 posts) -

That is pretty cool though. He even edited his own article about himself.

#7 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

That's really awesome, but we all knew it would happen, These are good friends of the staff

#8 Posted by fuzzay (203 posts) -

Neat.

#9 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

great finally a site for good reviews is here it was good with the 4 of them but now its like the old version of gspot

#10 Posted by lettuceman44 (111 posts) -

Awesome, but does it really matter?
I mean it isn't like he is on the team.

#11 Posted by BoldFusion (35 posts) -

It would be cool if the whole gang (Rich, Greg, Alex, ect.) all got together and did a giantbomb video. They'll be like "Hey, see why we left Gamespot"? Lol.

#12 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -

Very cool.

#13 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

Sweet, super awesome!

#14 Posted by Ghil (231 posts) -

that is some awesome news! welcome Greg, make yourself at home ;)

#15 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

this is FREAKING AWESOME DUDES!!!!!!!  wow....  this really is going to be the number 1 gaming site on the web if they keep this up.... im stoked!!!

#16 Edited by Emiel (607 posts) -

It's not like he's working for GB... he's just a member like all of us

#17 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Cool

#18 Edited by Mourne (789 posts) -

Greg Kasavin was one of the best game journalists in the field. You can tell just by reading a review of his and one by Jeff just how expert the two of them are.

I look forward to seeing some of Greg's work in the upcoming Red Alert, as well.

#19 Posted by Joker (675 posts) -

This guy is just plain awesome. I am off to add him.

#20 Posted by yorro (558 posts) -

I always respect true gaming journalism, not like any biased fanboys or anyone that gets paid under the table to put up a good score.

#21 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
ImWayGooderest said:
"That is pretty cool though. He even edited his own article about himself.
"
Yeah - that is a sign of awesome that is. Haha.
#22 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

I'm glad that he joind the site and i will be even more impressed if he starts contributing the site

#23 Posted by Taalon (112 posts) -

I'm liking this site more and more each day :)

#24 Posted by Cowman (676 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"ImWayGooderest said:
"That is pretty cool though. He even edited his own article about himself.
"
Yeah - that is a sign of awesome that is. Haha.
"
He is the person best suited for that task.
Although if I was him I would have photoshopped myself on Mount Rushmore.
#25 Posted by Jothel (936 posts) -

Awesome. Guy was hella cool

#26 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

Go go Giantbomb! they just got a skilled reviewer.

#27 Posted by brooklyngrenade (446 posts) -

Greg, like this staff, is legend.

#28 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -

Greg is a member but he's not staff, Greg works as a developer now for EA and considering he walked out on the top job at gamespot to do it I doubt he'll walk out of there to come back to journalism.

#29 Posted by pause422 (6240 posts) -

Awesome,Greg is fucking amazing. Hopefully they get Carrie and Rich to make a name on the site as well. And any chance at ever having them as a guest host(of course they're tons of busy) would be really sweet.

#30 Posted by UrbanGuerilla (103 posts) -

I sincerely hope he joins, his experience would make a great contribution to the site.  It would also add a more diverse crowd.

#31 Posted by pause422 (6240 posts) -

Well he joined user wise,but thats the extent it will go I'm assuming. I don't think hes gonna quit his job,he says it right in his profile,becoming a game developer is what he's doing now,and it was his dream for a long time. I do think,maybe time to time(when C&C Red Alert 3) is released,if they then have a break he might show up as  a guest spot at some time,I hope at least.

#32 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

awesome news. i know he is not on the team but he is such a cool guy and true gamer that his presence just makes giant bomb more awesome. all we need now is Rich and Carrie

#33 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I really trust that dudes reviews, he has influenced me on spending or in some cases withdrawing from spending large amounts of money.

If he really has joined GB, then fuck yeah!

#34 Posted by Jax (461 posts) -
riverbridge said:
"It would be cool if the whole gang (Rich, Greg, Alex, ect.) all got together and did a giantbomb video. They'll be like "Hey, see why we left Gamespot"? Lol."
LMAO.

And then in the video they sit there, pan the camera around to the GS website and pan back to them and end the video.

I'm not angry at GS for anything, I just think in the end they tried to control their users way too much. GB is so much more free.
#35 Posted by solidphoenix (286 posts) -

If this is true, man oh man, it's time for happy times.

#36 Edited by Chris (125 posts) -

After reading his little "About me" thing I'm not sure it's him. Not exactly the most well constructed sentence.

But then the edits he's made to SNK games say otherwise...

Tis a boggle.

#37 Posted by Hungry_bunny (421 posts) -
Emiel said:
"It's not like he's working for GB... he's just a member like all of us
"
Pretty much, but still pretty cool to see him on the site.
#38 Edited by MikPick (333 posts) -

This is excellent news. If I could only pick one person to be added to the Giant Bomb crew, it would be Greg. They should steal him from his current job and make him a crew member.

#39 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I think a bunch of people misread and think that he actually joined the GB team...which is incorrect. He's just a member like us.

#40 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

Fuck, I thought you meant he was on the team.

#41 Posted by jyurakyumihawk (109 posts) -

Chey..I thought he joined the crew.

#42 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2120 posts) -
Mourne said:
"Greg Kasavin was one of the best game journalists in the field. You can tell just by reading a review of his and one by Jeff just how expert the two of them are.

I look forward to seeing some of Greg's work in the upcoming Red Alert, as well.
"
I really liked Greg too over at Gamespot.  I thought that his MGS3 review was a little off but other otherwise I think he usually did a very good job of going over and above and explaining the game without spoiling anything!
#43 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -

That doesnt mean he's a reviewer or anything.

#44 Edited by samcotts (2258 posts) -
Rich Gallup has also joined, if you didn't already know.

It's nice to still have some form of contact with these guys.
#45 Posted by Flexiable (98 posts) -

He could have just joined as a user, doesn't mean he's on the team. Besides I reckon it's fake. Jeff and Brad get automatically added to every user and the profile reeks of a fan setting it up in tribute.

#46 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

Glad to have him aboard. Allways liked his reviews from his time at gamespot and lokk forward to reading his posts and opinions on this site. Ninja Tee-Shirt FTW ! ~! !! !@ !

#47 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

He is a great addition to the GB team.

#48 Posted by Guild_Master (250 posts) -

Great, wonder if will see him as a staff member?

#49 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

=D
I am soooo adding him.

#50 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

That aint him.