This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by plugger603 (34 posts) -

With the saddening loss of one of the best people in the gaming industry,and nicest person on the planet Ryan Davis. The giantbomb family is down a man. When the mourning is over and life goes on, I think Greg Miller would be a great person to join the family. Whatta you guys think?

#2 Edited by sdharrison (476 posts) -

I think that is the worst fucking idea I've ever heard in my life.

#3 Edited by Turbyne (98 posts) -

I don't think it's yet the time for this, although you're speaking upon this eventually being a distant memory but still too soon.

The only people who deserve to make the decisions are the crew themselves, and Greg already does a fine job at IGN.

#4 Posted by Ryleknuckles (45 posts) -

Exactly Turbyne.....well said.

#5 Posted by LegendaryChopChop (1174 posts) -

Nobody can fill Ryan's shoes as an original founder of this site. I get what you're saying, but I dunno man.

#6 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

You can't replace Ryan, so why even try? They'll hire more people, but not because of this.

#7 Posted by Deathstriker (307 posts) -

I have to agree with the other person... it's probably too soon to really talk about this. However, I find Greg Miller very annoying, probably the worst popular guy in the industry other than Keighley. One of them is a robot and the other is a loud obnoxious fanboy (it's not hard to guess which is which). The Sess or Jeff Green returning to being a critic would be way better as far as who I like. Either way the site and podcast won't be the same anymore.

#8 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3800 posts) -

I like Greg a lot but lets not have this discussion right now. I know you didn't mean anything bad by it OP but...yeah not right now.

#9 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2203 posts) -

Dude what the hell. We just got the news HOURS AGO and you already want to start a discussion on Ryan's replacement?

#10 Edited by plugger603 (34 posts) -

No one can or will replace Ryan. He was an awesome person and brought a lot th this website. But they are a business and will need someone else. That's all I meant with question. Would you rather the website ended.

#11 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7054 posts) -

This seems really tasteless this soon after the news broke. Come on.

#12 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4161 posts) -

I'd like to think that more and newer industry friends of his can guest on the bombcast. I'm sure Arthur Gies, Ryan McCaffrey, or Chris Plante would be fantastic guests to have on a bombcast. As well as Greg.

But no, this family thing is just uhm.. No, that's just an misjudged idea.

#13 Posted by Azurath (294 posts) -

They can always hire new interns for the control room so Vinny and Drew can spend all their time on screen, but this isn't the time to talk about this dude.

#14 Posted by pumpkinheaddy (16 posts) -

@plugger603: Too soon, come on dude. And for the record, hell no

#15 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

All this. This should probably the first Davis-related thread @sweep should chop.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

With the saddening loss of one of the best people in the gaming industry,and nicest person on the planet Ryan Davis. The giantbomb family is down a man. When the mourning is over and life goes on, I think Greg Miller would be a great person to join the family. Whatta you guys think?

Nows probably not the time. The people in charge of hearing such suggestions, such as Jeff. are most likly not over it yet. I understand that you might be over it, and that's ok. But the forums are full of threads of mourning, now is not the best time.

#17 Edited by believer258 (11668 posts) -

@pumpkinheaddy said:

Yeah, way too soon to express these thoughts on the public forums, for everyone to see.

#18 Posted by PottsyNZ (72 posts) -

Jesus H.

Also Greggy is still recovering from cancer?

#19 Posted by hwy_61 (922 posts) -

What the fuck, man. Jesus fuck.

#20 Posted by Aaron_G (1611 posts) -

Too soon...

#21 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

How about we respect Ryan and not discuss a possible "replacement" the day his passing was announced.

Can we please have some decency and respect.

#22 Edited by mrfluke (5099 posts) -

yeaaaa not the time to bring this stuff up dude.

yes its a business, but still, there's time and place for this type of talk, and today is not the day for this.

come back a week later with this thread.

also Hell no to greg miller coming to GB,

#23 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

I agree with the sentiment already expressed. Have some tact, dude.

#24 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1539 posts) -

You don't buy a new puppy right after the old dog dies dude. We need time to grieve.

#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (36066 posts) -

Isn't this ridiculously soon?

#26 Edited by TheMasterDS (2017 posts) -

I don't know who that is off the top of my head. Was he on the E3 Bombcasts? Do you have clips of him guesting on the bombcast to support that suggestion? If the Giant Bomb community doesn't know who he is he's not going to be accepted.

I would look at the more notable instantly recognizable friends of the site. My suggestion for 4th Podcast man is - well honestly just either suck it up and Skype in Alex/Patrick or bump up Matt or Drew - but my suggestion for best possible new blood is Jeff Green.

I would like to note that I am very sad about Ryan. It's unreal. It's hard to imagine what happens next. A world without Ryan Davis is... unthinkable. But we're going to live in that world so might as well start thinking about it and who would be a decent fit for the podcast lineup. Or just accept a world with constantly changing guests which is probably more likely than a stable roster of 4-5 dudes now for the time being. I reckon that'll happen for a time. A week with Patrick, then a week with Matt, then Brad Muir comes by... That actually sounds good.

#27 Edited by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

This isn't the time for this...

Secondly...fuck no. Don't want him or anyone from IGN on this site.

#28 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

lol

wow

#29 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

@sdharrison said:

I think that is the worst fucking idea I've ever heard in my life.

#30 Posted by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -

First: Too soon.

Second: Greg and Beyond is a huge part of IGN, he isn't leaving anytime soon.

#31 Posted by Marino (4600 posts) -

This is not the time.

Staff