#1 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

Groupon CEO Andrew Mason was fired recently, and in his farewell letter to his employees he compared his time with the company to the NES game Battletoads. That's an awfully deep reference for a corporate resignation letter. I think I like this guy.

I'm OK with having failed at this part of the journey. If Groupon was Battletoads, it would be like I made it all the way to the Terra Tubes without dying on my first ever play through. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to take the company this far with all of you.

Andrew Mason
#2 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

That's pretty cool. It's also really sad to see how much that company is tanking because I think the idea is a great one.

#3 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

That is fucking fantastic. He's an okay dude in my book.

#4 Edited by buft (3320 posts) -

They had some pretty shadey stuff going down a while back here in the uk, pretty good reference though

#5 Posted by Blackmoore (254 posts) -

Good reference. For more information about the Groupon tankage though, the Verge has a good article about that nonsense.

#6 Posted by Slag (4615 posts) -

Hunh, well that was a pretty solid and honest letter actually. A little perhaps too unprofessional for a publicly traded company, but refreshingly frank.