#1 Edited by chrollo (78 posts) -

I've decided for the first time in my life to grow a beard in honor Sir Ryan Davis.

Hence, I'm taking the Oath of Beards

My beard is not a tool, it is a friend, a brother, a partner. I will groom my beard properly. I will never threaten or bring harm to my beard. I understand that with a beard my attractiveness will increase, but I also understand this is entirely the result of my beard and not myself. I will speak humbly to my beard and softly sing it to sleep with the sweetest summer jam known to man, Hyuna's "Melting". I will respect my beard more than I will respect myself. I will cherish my beard forever, and will always be faithful to my beard. I will ward off the temptations of other more hip male facial hair grooming styles, such as the goatee or mustache. There is only one beard, and I will wear it forever proudly.

#2 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

To grow a bear?

#3 Edited by believer258 (12210 posts) -

There might be only one "beard", but there are three "theirs", and they're all different.

Also, I will admire you when you get a mustache that makes Captain Price proud.

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

I don't have anything nice to say so I won't say anything at all.

Wait.

#5 Posted by Sonmi (21 posts) -

Good luck with that beard.

Growing a beard for the first time is always an interesting adventure.

#6 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Move out to the woods and listen to the second half of this song all the time.

#7 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

There might be only one "beard", but there are three "theirs", and they're all different.

Also, I will admire you when you get a mustache that makes Captain Price proud.

Nah, this would be better. Look at it, respect it.....

#8 Posted by believer258 (12210 posts) -

@falserelic: Nah, duder, that's a little too redneck and unsophisticated. He obviously just lets it grow out every which way and doesn't bother to take care of it. And no, being in a warzone is no excuse. Captain Price fucking stopped World War Three with the help of, like, four other men and that Soap punk.

#9 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@falserelic: Nah, duder, that's a little too redneck and unsophisticated. He obviously just lets it grow out every which way and doesn't bother to take care of it. And no, being in a warzone is no excuse. Captain Price fucking stopped World War Three with the help of, like, four other men and that Soap punk.

But isn't Captain Price beard kinda like a redneck too?

#10 Edited by chrollo (78 posts) -

these military beards make me want to shave :(

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@believer258 said:

But isn't Captain Price beard kinda like a redneck too?

No, it looks well groomed. Still, there's something to be said for crazy facial hair. Go Google "Friedrich Nietzsche mustache", for instance.

#12 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Beards, either love em or hate em. Though in reality I love my beard, but I will never have a beard that looks like wolf pussy.

#13 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -

Wish I could grow a beard...

#14 Edited by DaddyCabinet (225 posts) -

Haters going to hate.

#15 Posted by firecracker22 (561 posts) -

I think I remember Ryan mentioning it on the podcast when Patrick was talking about trimming his goatee. I think he said something about needing to know what you want to do with the beard before even shaving, and even getting to a point where if you screw up keeping it even, just saying 'fuck it' and leaving it.

I mean, those are two things you should probably keep in mind once you journey into universe of beards.

#16 Edited by chrollo (78 posts) -

UPDATE:

Day 9, so far the itchiness hasn't been a problem. I bought some oil, and its been a great conditioner so far especially for under the chin. Last night my gf couldn't stop telling me how handsome I am :D, Thanks beard, your the best :)

#17 Edited by firecracker22 (561 posts) -

Oil for beards as a conditioner?

Well.....shit....

#18 Posted by chrollo (78 posts) -

@firecracker22: i know, its a special kind of oil thats good for your skin too

#19 Edited by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

@falserelic: I wasn't aware that Josh Reddick was on the cover of Medal of Honor.