• 120 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by InfamousBIG (3213 posts) -
#2 Posted by InfamousBIG (3213 posts) -

 Yo dawg, I know this sounds like the ultimate flamebait/fanboy thread, that's not my intention, I just legit want to know what the better game is according to the mass opinion of the community and what I should buy.   
 
Sorry if this has been done (I'd be surprised if it hasn't) but I've been off the forums for a week and fuck using that search function, I'm a lazy motherfucker.    

#3 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I've only played Forza 3.  I voted Forza 3.

#4 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Yo dawg, peoples gonna be thinking this be a flamebait/fanboy thread but I appreciate you creating this anyways. (I choose Forza because it doesn't require me to be really crazy about cars.)

#5 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

Tough choice, but as I haven't had much experience with GT 5 I threw my hat in with Forza.

#6 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5324 posts) -

I never played a Forza game so GT5.

#7 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Forza because I have a 360 and I fucking hate having to take a god damn test to let me play a game.

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6317 posts) -

Depends if you want ultra-realism or just slight realism dumbed down?

#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5841 posts) -

Forza because I've only played Forza. Also, it came out on time.

#10 Posted by InfamousBIG (3213 posts) -
@Buck_Sexington said:
" Forza because I have a 360 and I fucking hate having to take a god damn test to let me play a game. "
Hmm I haven't heard about the testing for GT5.  What's it involve?
#11 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

play a lot of forza and little of gt5.  got to give it to forza for better AI, better online experience, and better physics sim.

#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6317 posts) -
@InfamousBIG: Same as every GT game ever dude. License tests, they teach you how to drive properly. Some people hate them, but they don't half help you play properly.
#13 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@tourgen: Also add better UI. 
#14 Posted by Ethan_Raiden (344 posts) -

If you want a racing simulator, GT5, if you want anything else in a racing game, Forza 3.

#15 Posted by InfamousBIG (3213 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:
" @InfamousBIG: Same as every GT game ever dude. License tests, they teach you how to drive properly. Some people hate them, but they don't half help you play properly. "
I played GT5 prologue all the way through about a year, year and a half ago, but that's the only GT game I've ever played.  I've really stuck to Codemasters stuff for the most part as far as racing games are concerned.
#16 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -
@AlexW00d: It's one thing to help someone play the game better but to not allow them to play certain races until you passed like they did in GT4, that's bullshit.
#17 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I think comparing GT and Forza is similar to comparing something like Call of Duty and Operation Flashpoint. Similar but aimed at totally different audiences. 

#18 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -
@Ethan_Raiden said:
" If you want a racing simulator, GT5, if you want anything else in a racing game, Forza 3. "
Actually I'd say if you want a SIMULATOR, try GTR for PC if you can run it. 
 
I played the shit out of Forza, I think what it offers is comparable to GT5. Graphically, you have to give the nod to GT5. Although it does have its problems, poor aliasing, essentially copies cars from a PS2 game. To many broken promises for me, I'll stick with Forza.
#19 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

As a game, Forza is indefinitely better than GT5. Plus, it's now like half the price of GT5. Also, I had a lot more fun with it than I currently am having with GT5.

#20 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

I haven't tried GT5 yet, so I picked Forza by default. I plan to try GT5 eventually.

#21 Edited by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -
@Burns098356GX said:

" @Ethan_Raiden said:

" If you want a racing simulator, GT5, if you want anything else in a racing game, Forza 3. "
Actually I'd say if you want a SIMULATOR, try GTR for PC if you can run it.   I played the shit out of Forza, I think what it offers is comparable to GT5. Graphically, you have to give the nod to GT5. Although it does have its problems, poor aliasing, essentially copies cars from a PS2 game. To many broken promises for me, I'll stick with Forza. "
What's GTR? Searched but found a shitty old 2006 racing game.
#22 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I don't see how anyone with both consoles would have to choose, you have both games. I have a 360, so I guess Forza but I've never actually played that or GT so....yeah

#23 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -
@Dany said:
" I don't see how anyone with both consoles would have to choose, you have both games. I have a 360, so I guess Forza but I've never actually played that or GT so....yeah "
Not everyone has the spare cashflow or time to dedicate to both, mayhaps?
#24 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Dany: I have both consoles and have absolutely no interest in playing GT 5.
#25 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@wh4tshisface said:
" @Dany said:
" I don't see how anyone with both consoles would have to choose, you have both games. I have a 360, so I guess Forza but I've never actually played that or GT so....yeah "
Not everyone has the spare cashflow or time to dedicate to both, mayhaps? "
Then they are stuck with the racing game for their console
#26 Posted by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -

I'm playing GT5 right now and it's okay. I like the special event stuff, but Forza 3 seems like much much more of a complete game. Plus there is just so much more content in Forza.

#27 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -
@Dany said:
" @wh4tshisface said:
" @Dany said:
" I don't see how anyone with both consoles would have to choose, you have both games. I have a 360, so I guess Forza but I've never actually played that or GT so....yeah "
Not everyone has the spare cashflow or time to dedicate to both, mayhaps? "
Then they are stuck with the racing game for their console "
No, I'm speaking in terms of either game. Not either console. 
#28 Posted by emem (1969 posts) -

People who only own a 360 vote for Forza and people who only own a ps3 vote for GT5. I would guess that there are about 70% 360 users on this site, so you know how it will turn out. :)

#29 Edited by Trace (3574 posts) -

Haven't played GT5 yet, but based on my experience with Forza 3 and prior GT titles, I'm going to say Forza. I've had more fun with Forza 3 over the past year or so than any other console racing sim. Its multiplayer is tremendously fun, and it's easy to jump into a quick race or test session. It's just really well streamlined, overall. Plus, the car customization and painting options are quite nice. That's just a really quick summary of what I like, though I could probably ramble on.
 
I find all the talk about Forza being dumbed-down or not as complex as GT rather silly and elitist, too. From my experience, Forza 3 handles just as accurately as GT titles, if not slightly moreso, and its assists allow more people to actually enjoy the game without frustration (though Polyphony's made some good steps forward here with GT5). People are free to their opinions, but it comes down to a case of desired realism vs. inconvenient realism, and I'll gladly accept features that help do away with the latter and make my favorite genre enjoyable to more people.

Moderator
#30 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Why did so many people say "I've only played Forza/GT5 so I voted for that" 
 
Why vote?

#31 Edited by chrissedoff (2153 posts) -

i've only played about 4 hours and change of gran turismo 5, which fans, i'm sure, will tell me is not enough to form an opinion. however, i've played forza 3 for roughly the same amount of time. to me gt5 seems very conservative, very reverent of the franchise's past, and kind of a jack of all trades, to a fault. forza is much better at the difficulty curve and putting the player into the action quickly. forza 3 is just the superior game purely on the metric of how much fun it is.

#32 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1294 posts) -

Forza 3 because I don't care about cars.

#33 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@emem: ...and that's how the poll looks.
#34 Posted by Tsoglani (585 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
" Why did so many people say "I've only played Forza/GT5 so I voted for that"  Why vote? "
AGREED... Seriously, if you have only played one of them, then what is the point of voting? This means that the poll figures are corrupted by people who haven't even played one or the other! Also, it's obvious that fanboys are gonna have a good time voting for the game that is on their system.
#35 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Tsoglani said:
" @RiotBananas said:
" Why did so many people say "I've only played Forza/GT5 so I voted for that"  Why vote? "
AGREED... Seriously, if you have only played one of them, then what is the point of voting? This means that the poll figures are corrupted by people who haven't even played one or the other! Also, it's obvious that fanboys are gonna have a good time voting for the game that is on their system. "
That and if the mentality is "Well I've only played XYZ" then the majority vote goes to Forza because it's been out a lot longer.
#36 Edited by Chaser324 (6662 posts) -

I only just got GT5 today, but I've got to say that right now I think I prefer Forza. There are just so many things about GT5 that seem intimidating as all hell to anyone that isn't the most hardcore sim racing fan.

Moderator
#37 Edited by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:

"  Yo dawg, I know this sounds like the ultimate flamebait/fanboy thread, that's not my intention, I just legit want to know what the better game is according to the mass opinion of the community and what I should buy.    Sorry if this has been done (I'd be surprised if it hasn't) but I've been off the forums for a week and fuck using that search function, I'm a lazy motherfucker.     "

Look at the comments: people are voting Forza 3 and saying they haven't even tried GT5.  Your poll isn't working as intended. 
 
Also, do you expect impartiality from the green or blue camps?  BTW, both games have 2d trees. ;)
#38 Posted by InfamousBIG (3213 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
" Why did so many people say "I've only played Forza/GT5 so I voted for that"  Why vote? "
Because they're idiots.
#39 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
" @RiotBananas said:
" Why did so many people say "I've only played Forza/GT5 so I voted for that"  Why vote? "
Because they're idiots. "
I second this!
#40 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

Forza for it have bible black pictures on the cars.

#41 Edited by Trace (3574 posts) -

Or because based on past experience and knowledge of both series they think they have something to contribu- oh never mind name calling is so much easier
 
In all seriousness, for those complaining, if you count up the comments so far from people who claim or appear to have played both games, it comes out to five or six for Forza 3, and two to three for GT5 depending on how you read a few of the comments. Relatively on-par with the poll, I'd say.

Moderator
#42 Posted by InfamousBIG (3213 posts) -
@PsEG said:
" Or because based on past experience and knowledge of both series they think they have something to contribu-oh never mind name calling is so much easier  In all seriousness, for those complaining, if you count up the comments so far from people who claim or appear to have played both games, it comes out to six for Forza 3, and two to three for GT5 depending on how you read a few of the comments. Relatively on-par with the poll, I'd say. "
DAMN YOU AND YOUR LOGICAL GRAPHING MIND
#43 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5324 posts) -
@InfamousBIG: Isn't this poll too soon?  Alot of people have only played a few hours of GT.  Maybe it would have been better as a December or 2011 poll.
#44 Posted by Trace (3574 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
" DAMN YOU AND YOUR LOGICAL GRAPHING MIND "
IT'S ALL I HAVE! IT'S ALL I CAN USE!
 
Also, in all fairness, SethPhotopoulos has a good point in that most people have barely scratched the surface of GT5. I'm sure with a little more time, preferences will probably be a bit more divided amongst those who have played both.
Moderator
#45 Edited by Falconer (1695 posts) -

First off, yes I am biased, and yes, I like to take the piss out of Kaos. 
 
That being said, I legitimately contemplated getting a PS3 along with GT5. It wouldn't have been the sole reason (I love the Ratchet and Clank series), but it was almost the tipping point. However, I refuse to buy a game from a developer such as Polyphony Digital. Why? THEY are the elitist ones, more so than their fans. 
 
Forget the fact that this is 2010. A time where car damage is mandatory in ANY game that has cars in it, not just racing/driving games. For a while there it seemed like PD was working hard in order to get damage modeling in the game, because it's what their fans wanted. But then what do they do? They fucking make the player UNLOCK DAMAGE MODELING! IN A FUCKING RACING GAME!!! (EDIT) That's like telling a CoD or Halo player that they have to get to level 40 in order to be able to throw grenades (in my opinion). It may not have as big of an impact on the game, but it's still a core feature.
 
That is pure, and utter garbage. No fan can defend such an idiotic decision. (And don't even try Kaos, or anyone for that matter. I'm not assuming you will, but this is a warning of a shit fest if you do.) For this reason alone Forza kicks the crap out of Gran Turismo in my eyes.

#46 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i picked gt 5. i think they are pretty much kind of different. gt 5 is feels slower and forza 3 feel kind of like a sim and arcade game.

#47 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

 I Picked GT5 Because Forza Lacks the GT-R, A Car So Sexy It Makes Even Japanese School Girls Horny
#48 Posted by coaxmetal (1642 posts) -

I haven't played either, so I voted GT5 because I wanted to feel important. Also, they are both exclusive to different consoles, so not a choice people have a make a lot.

#49 Posted by Trace (3574 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
"
 I Picked GT5 Because Forza Lacks the GT-R, A Car So Sexy It Makes Even Japanese School Girls Horny
"

Hi.
Moderator
#50 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@PsEG: Meh, it looks better in GT5, and Nissan made a special Stealth Version for Kazu.  Plus, the CE got me a real tangible one! 
 

I'll Raise, Custom Made F1 by Red Bull - Fastest Car In The World, Driven By World Champion Vettel