GT6 for PS3?

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay so I was on Flipboard on the train to work this morning and I saw an article that a Sony rep let slip that GT6 was heading to PS3 with no plans for PS4.

I believe it was a Forbes Article. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/02/24/sony-exec-confirms-gran-turismo-6-coming-to-playstation-3/

There are other articles supporting this. Would this explain why it was Drive Club and not GT that were at the recent PS4 announcement? Your thoughts?

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is GT6 copy righted? Can I look it up online?

Wait, GT6 is already close to completion or at least already being worked on? What happens when GT6 is delayed a bunch like GT5 was, or I think it was?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

GT5 is currently the best selling racing game this generation. Second to none. Only makes sense to boost those sales.

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yamauchi didn't jump at the chance to add another bazillion pointless polygons to the headlights? WHAT??

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drive CLUB is coming to PS4

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

This sounds like the Rockstar approach to GTA V. They Could just re-release it on PS4, but whatever. ~ That'll be like 2023, at the end of the PS4 lifecycle.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Makes sense if you think about it. The jump to a new generation took them so long, so I can see them wanting to make use the of the engine and assets for at least one more game. It only took 3 years from GT3 (2001) to GT4 (2004), which were both on the PS2, so I would expect a similar time frame for GT5 (2010) to GT6 if it does wind up being a PS3 game. It looks like they may have also learned their lesson about announcing the game a century before it will actually come out.

fiberpay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GT5 is currently the best selling racing game this generation. Second to none. Only makes sense to boost those sales.

Yea, taking a cue from Forza. It's a lot easier to innovate GT5 on PS3, than start over on PS4..

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope it does come to PS3. That way I can play it, as I don't plan on buying a ps4. At least not for a long time.