#1 Posted by Unilad (559 posts) -

Okay so I was on Flipboard on the train to work this morning and I saw an article that a Sony rep let slip that GT6 was heading to PS3 with no plans for PS4.

I believe it was a Forbes Article. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/02/24/sony-exec-confirms-gran-turismo-6-coming-to-playstation-3/

There are other articles supporting this. Would this explain why it was Drive Club and not GT that were at the recent PS4 announcement? Your thoughts?

#2 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

Is GT6 copy righted? Can I look it up online?

Wait, GT6 is already close to completion or at least already being worked on? What happens when GT6 is delayed a bunch like GT5 was, or I think it was?

#3 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

GT5 is currently the best selling racing game this generation. Second to none. Only makes sense to boost those sales.

#4 Posted by TangoUp (307 posts) -

Yamauchi didn't jump at the chance to add another bazillion pointless polygons to the headlights? WHAT??

#5 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

drive CLUB is coming to PS4

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4187 posts) -

This sounds like the Rockstar approach to GTA V. They Could just re-release it on PS4, but whatever. ~ That'll be like 2023, at the end of the PS4 lifecycle.

#7 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1556 posts) -

Makes sense if you think about it. The jump to a new generation took them so long, so I can see them wanting to make use the of the engine and assets for at least one more game. It only took 3 years from GT3 (2001) to GT4 (2004), which were both on the PS2, so I would expect a similar time frame for GT5 (2010) to GT6 if it does wind up being a PS3 game. It looks like they may have also learned their lesson about announcing the game a century before it will actually come out.

#8 Posted by fiberpay (282 posts) -

GT5 is currently the best selling racing game this generation. Second to none. Only makes sense to boost those sales.

Yea, taking a cue from Forza. It's a lot easier to innovate GT5 on PS3, than start over on PS4..

#9 Posted by AlexW00d (6231 posts) -

I hope it does come to PS3. That way I can play it, as I don't plan on buying a ps4. At least not for a long time.