• 62 results
#1 Edited by glabal500 (8 posts) -

i think these 2 games will be the main ones competing for GOTY....

maybe infinite and a few things, but gta 5 and tlou will be the main ones

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11953 posts) -

Okay.

#3 Edited by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

Thanks for the intel?

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14842 posts) -

Good first post. Continue to provide such conversation sparking comments such as this.

#5 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

Well obviously! it got 5 stars.

#6 Posted by Commander_Crichton (156 posts) -

No way!

#7 Posted by LoveSpuds (114 posts) -

All I know is that if any game hopes to contend with 'The Last Of Us' it will have to be incredible. I played 4 hours last night and had to force myself to turn it off, I have never played anything as enthralling and emotional as the opening 25 minutes, it blew my mind completely!

#8 Posted by SploogeStain (41 posts) -

Try harder.

#9 Edited by Lowfyr (21 posts) -

Cute

#10 Posted by ProfessorEss (7378 posts) -

Between GTA V(September 17, 2013) and The Last of Us (today)?

Hmmm... I think more critics might be leaning towards The Last of Us at the moment. At least that seems to be the way the review scores are leaning so far.

#11 Posted by Mister_V (1296 posts) -

It's amazing that you know a game that isn't even out yet is going to be a GOTY contender.

Such wonderful clairvoyance you have.

#12 Posted by joshwent (2208 posts) -

@glabal500: Why does it matter to you? Not trying to be a jerk if sounds mean, I'm honestly curious. I like GotY stuff because it highlights games I may have missed, but it's never seemed important which one won, or even what was nominated.

I hope GTA V is amazing, but I just can't care if it "wins".

#13 Posted by kaos_cracker (588 posts) -

Well, GTA V already one. Also, both Playstation 4 and Xbox One sold really well on day one.

#14 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2147 posts) -

They can come in second behind Divekick

#15 Edited by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

Huh. Kind of putting the wagon before the horse aren't you?

#16 Edited by Hunkulese (2729 posts) -

I'm sure a couple of the next gen games will be in the mix

#17 Posted by shivermetimbers (774 posts) -

Watch Dogs is going to be better than GTA 5. I can feel it.

#18 Posted by glabal500 (8 posts) -

no read the previews of gta 5, revolutionary 3 character switching, pretty sick

#19 Edited by BeachThunder (11953 posts) -

no read the previews of gta 5, revolutionary 3 character switching, pretty sick

That's nice, dear.

#20 Posted by Dixego (385 posts) -

GTA V is not even out yet, duder.

#21 Posted by Jimbo (9815 posts) -

Good stuff. Let us know if you change your mind.

#22 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

With Pro Cycling Manager 2013 coming out soon, I doubt GTA V will even be remembered.

#23 Posted by AltonBrown (950 posts) -
#24 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Haha. No. Watch_Dogs will destroy them all. GTFO with your overrated crap.

#25 Edited by Hilbert (349 posts) -

Fucking pointless dribble.

#26 Edited by MocBucket62 (1231 posts) -

Wait you mean GOTY at Giant Bomb? I think those two will most likely be in the Top 10, but you're forgetting some other games that will be heavy hitters on this site by the time they are released. Most likely games such as Saints Row IV, Watch Dogs and Rayman Legends will be ranked pretty high on each staff members lists if they are as good as everyone thinks they'll be and compete against GTA 5 and The Last of Us.

#27 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Does anyone know the finish rate of GTA 4? I bet it's lower than Dark Souls.

#28 Posted by Mister_V (1296 posts) -

I would like to know the amount of people who got past that awful shoot out in the abandoned hospital without cheating. I can't think of another game with such a random difficulty spike in it. After that the rest of the game was easy.

#29 Edited by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

YouTube comments: Giant Bomb Forum Topic Edition

#30 Posted by Soapy86 (2622 posts) -

My GOTY so far is Metal Gear Rising...

#31 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

@mister_v said:

@phrosnite said:

I would like to know the amount of people who got past that awful shoot out in the abandoned hospital without cheating. I can't think of another game with such a random difficulty spike in it. After that the rest of the game was easy.

I was actually hinting at... that people just screw around in those games. They don't care about the story or finishing the game.

#32 Posted by Reisz (1498 posts) -

Prescient.

#33 Edited by Reisz (1498 posts) -

@mister_v said:

@phrosnite said:

I was actually hinting at... that people just screw around in those games. They don't care about the story or finishing the game.

Oh my god, I can't believe you just reminded me of that. Christ, the Bikers right? All I remember is my "method" involved a Helicopter. I think I landed it inside the building and just let them all fan in through a choke point. Good times, terrible terrible mission.

Although I'm even more infuriated by the thought of the Helicopter chase mission or whatever it was, the time attack thing maybe? I swear my system misread the running code, like a call for "checkpoint" got switched out with "out of mission area" or something, I watched about ten different videos and replicated it exactly, nothing. I probably ran that thing over a hundred times. To hell with that mission.

#34 Posted by Hunter5024 (5689 posts) -

Bioshock: Infinite says hello. This will be a super awesome GOTY debate. I feel like both Bioshock and Last of Us wouldve both easily won last years, and GTA and Watch Dogs seem to be shaping up the same way.

#35 Posted by Strife777 (1583 posts) -

Got it! *thumbs up*

#36 Edited by Aegon (5645 posts) -

FF XV GotY 2013

#37 Posted by GnomeonFire (746 posts) -

Nah man, I don't think so.

#38 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

@mister_v said:

@phrosnite said:

It took me a ton of tries but eventually got it without cheating by running out of there as fast as possible while also dodging dudes and occasionally discharging a shotgun. What a terrible mission.

#39 Posted by Dalai (7031 posts) -

At the beginning of the year, I would have said Bioshock Infinite would likely run away with the most GOTY awards, but if The Last of Us, Watch_Dogs and GTAV are as good as the hype surrounding those games, it could be a free-for-all.

And hey, there could even be a few indie darkhorses in the mix. Hell, even something like Super Mario 3D World or Rayman Legends could be mentioned in the conversation.

#40 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@hilbert said:

needs BounceTek

#41 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

I'm excited for Watch Dogs. Also, it's only June.

#42 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

@hilbert said:

needs BounceTek

And a really disturbing Cyber-Lebron with a mouth that seems to move in unnatural ways.

#43 Edited by GreggD (4505 posts) -
@shivermetimbers said:

Watch Dogs is going to be better than GTA 5. I can feel it.

I'm leaning the other way.

@rvone said:

@mister_v said:

@phrosnite said:

It took me a ton of tries but eventually got it without cheating by running out of there as fast as possible while also dodging dudes and occasionally discharging a shotgun. What a terrible mission.

You guys seriously had trouble with that? Maybe I was just used to the game at that point, but I got it my first try. I'm genuinely surprised, here.

#44 Edited by SargeGulp (240 posts) -

@joshwent: How can you say that!? Have you forgotten the travesty that was skyrim > saints row the third?

As for GOTY; I didn't like GTA4 so I'll wait and see if 5 delivers and I haven't played Last of Us yet.. so I'm voting Infinite.

#45 Posted by mason20 (159 posts) -

Hmm, I'll personally hold out for Saints Row 4 over GTA 5 simply because I love dumb fun while I hope GTA 5 wont take itself as serious as GTA 4. Although it has been some time since I played GTA 4 so hell, I could be remembering it incorrectly.

#46 Posted by FlipperDesert (2087 posts) -

Well, having stepped back out of my time machine I can confirm that GTA V comes out to rave reviews. Unfortunately, the fish do not move out of the way in the scuba missions which greatly detracts from it overall and costs it multiple GOTY nominations.

#47 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1594 posts) -

Last of Us got 5 stars, GTA V so far has gotten 0 stars

Therefore Last of Us wins. That's just logic

#48 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -
#49 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Would you also say that the Xbone isn't so bad and that we should all cut Microsoft a break?

#50 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

I don't mean to burst your bubble but Game & Wario is coming out pretty soon.