fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fwylo
Steam Special

GTA IV is 75% off on Steam right now.  If you missed it that is a great price to pay for it, though it's on PC.  I played it on my PS3 and was happy with it even though it seem to get quite a bit of flak from some people.

And apparently because it is Rockstar Week, they have the Rockstar Collection going for $42.50.  13 different games...
Bully, GTA, GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA 4, GTA: Episodes from Liberty City, GTA: San Andreas, GTA: Vice City, ManHunt, Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Midnight Club 2, Wild Metal
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aus_azn

Your post sounds like an ad... But anyway... 

I don't tend to buy anything from Steam that I have no interest in until it's $2.50 or lower. I am only interested in their final sale, as that always is the big one. 

GTA4 wasn't that special, according to popular opinion. Most of my friends told me that it was only worth $20 or so 1 week after launch; last December, one of my friends offered his Xbox copy for $11. 

How is it compared to GTA3?

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Azrail

it isnt optimized for pc dont buy

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve
@Aus_azn said:
" Your post sounds like an ad... But anyway...  I don't tend to buy anything from Steam that I have no interest in until it's $2.50 or lower. I am only interested in their final sale, as that always is the big one.  GTA4 wasn't that special, according to popular opinion. Most of my friends told me that it was only worth $20 or so 1 week after launch; last December, one of my friends offered his Xbox copy for $11.  How is it compared to GTA3? "
I have no idea what "popular opinion" you're referencing. GTA IV was well-received critically, not to mention that it sold very well and was the main discussion point for most Game of the Year debates, including GiantBomb's. It was the only GTA that actually kept my attention the whole way through.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

That is an insane deal. I would get it if I didn't prefer these types of games on consoles and had a better PC. The only games on that list I haven't played are Midnight Club 2 and Wild Metal. The rest I know are all great games.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By takua108

In three minutes I'll've finally finished downloading it and I can see for myself how well it works on my alright gaming PC. 

...I bought the whole collection ._.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mosdl

We really need a deals forum - except then it will get spammed to death...

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Yet it's still $30.00 on the marketplace... 

FUCK!

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fwylo

GTA IV is the only GTA that kept my attention.  The characters we're awesome and had such depth to them and the story was interesting as well.  I will never forget Brucie.  Gameplay wise they changed a few things from the previous so it felt quite different I thought.  Not to say that it was bad though.  There were some things they took out like flying planes and base jumping that they should have left in for sure I thought.  It was a great game, I think the people who thought it was bad just didn't like change, as usual.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aus_azn
@EpicSteve said:
" @Aus_azn said:
" Your post sounds like an ad... But anyway...  I don't tend to buy anything from Steam that I have no interest in until it's $2.50 or lower. I am only interested in their final sale, as that always is the big one.  GTA4 wasn't that special, according to popular opinion. Most of my friends told me that it was only worth $20 or so 1 week after launch; last December, one of my friends offered his Xbox copy for $11.  How is it compared to GTA3? "
I have no idea what "popular opinion" you're referencing. GTA IV was well-received critically, not to mention that it sold very well and was the main discussion point for most Game of the Year debates, including GiantBomb's. It was the only GTA that actually kept my attention the whole way through. "
I meant through "word on the street" like my university's campus. Sorry for the lack of detail. I know about the critical reviews.
Fubar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Fubar

I think it is one of the most overrated games of all times. I have it on both PC and PS3 for some reason but I can't get myself to play it.

I have tried several times but the bad controls and rather poor graphics just makes me turn it off after a few minutes of playing.

It might just be that it is not my kind of game, and maybe the fact that everyone went bananas over it provokes me to give up, but I actually likes the previous games more.

I must admit I haven't gotten far enough to say much about the story of the game, so that might just be fantastic - but unless this is the next endurance run, I will never know !

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By EpicSteve
@Aus_azn said:
"
Word. Well, if you like GTA at all, the fourth one is the one you want. I couldn't recommend that game more. However, it encourages you to keep pressing on with the story. I found myself never fucking around or anything. It was strange.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

Aww man, that's a pretty awesome deal. I remember when I bought GTA IV for PC for as much as that entire collection. It's a bitch to get to run well on anything less than a purpose-built high quality gaming rig, but it's still a lot of fun. I played for an entire plane flight, and it was a lot of fun.  

My only problem with the package is that I've beaten most of, if not all of these games, and probably own half of them in some way or another. 

Yet steam's evilly awesome deals keep tempting me.