OH SHIT. PINK = VICE CITY-ESQUE!?

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Druminator

Hmm... would be cool but I want the next game to have multiple cities like San Andreas. Vice City would look amazing though.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

Good find. If this is real, it's weird they would number a sequel like this and not follow the pattern they established last generation. Hopefully this brings new changes to the franchise. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

Not sure that this is true, but if it is, fuck yeah.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

what is the url, I can barely make it out., ah rockstargames.com/v but doesn't work anymore

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By wrighteous86

The V doubling as a 5 is so perfect I can't believe I didn't think of it before with Vice City.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adoggz

if true then more vice city WOOOOOOOOOO!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

nooooooo not like vice city :( something new goddamnit 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

The screenshot's a bit small, so it's hard to make out the non Rockstar part of the URL, making it hard to verify any of this myself.

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RockAction

probably fake, but the V for 5 and V for vice city is cool though obvious 

should be some information about GTAV soon anyway if it is fake

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EquitasInvictus
@Ahmad_Metallic: Well if they do to Vice City like what Grand Theft Auto IV did with Liberty City, it should be fine. Grand Theft Auto IV's Liberty City was new enough for me, at least. 
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Enigma777

Damn I was really hoping for something new like RDR.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mikewrestler5

It's obviously fake. A big company like Rockstar wouldn't make a mistake like that.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By toowalrus

Oh. My. God. They're making another Grand Theft Auto game?! 

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The V does look a little different from the V in the Vice City boxart...

GTA: Vice City Box Art
GTA: Vice City Box Art
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By McGhee

Vice City was my first GTA and probably still my favorite. I would love to see it again.  

To make it even cooler set it a hundred years into the future. It would be cool for Rockstar to try a futuristic setting.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@TooWalrus said:
" Oh. My. God. They're making another Grand Theft Auto game?!  "
hey man nobody badmouthes GTA games in here or i'll start kicking some ass 
GOT PROBLEM BRO? GOT PROBLEM? 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude

PS3?

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lemoncookie01

That PS3 symbol looks mighty fake to me.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By CL60
@Mikewrestler5 said:
" It's obviously fake. A big company like Rockstar wouldn't make a mistake like that. "
And why not? Big companies make mistakes like that all the time.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#22  Edited By Hailinel
@Mikewrestler5 said:
" It's obviously fake. A big company like Rockstar wouldn't make a mistake like that. "
It's probably fake, but you'd be surprised at how often something like this happens.
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By benjaebe

I can't imagine we'd see any info on the next Grand Theft Auto while Rockstar is hard at work with L.A. Noire.
I'd love to see a new GTA set back in Vice City though...provided they can maintain that fun, crazy atmosphere Vice City had. GTA:IV was a little too gritty for my taste, but Gay Tony showed they can still glam it up when need be.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Animasta
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @TooWalrus said:
hey man nobody badmouthes GTA games in here or i'll start kicking some ass GOT PROBLEM BRO? GOT PROBLEM?  "
yes I do because GTAIV wasn't nearly half as fun as San Andreas (or Vice City for that matter) and I believe they will never be as good again.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By FancySoapsMan

this is news

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By meteora

Oh shit. 

I'm hyped.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EquitasInvictus

There's a chance that this could've been a legitimate leak. However, I'd understand the concerns of other people especially considering how the small size of that linked picture seems mighty suspicious. Why did the uploader feel a need to downsize the image so much?  

I would love for this to truly have been a leak for the next game, but for now the best option is just to sit and wait for something official. 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xyzygy

Looks fake. Also, I don't want the next one in Vice City. That would actually be kind of lazy of Rockstar's part. 

I want a city with like a different type of terrain! A desert city or something, like in Phoenix. Or even taking place outside of America.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Baillie
@benjaebe said:
" I can't imagine we'd see any info on the next Grand Theft Auto while Rockstar is hard at work with L.A. Noire. "
Yeah, hard at work at publishing it... Rockstar North makes GTA. Rockstar San Diego make Red Dead. Team Bondi make L.A. Noire
RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RockAction
@Wrighteous86 said:
" The V doubling as a 5 is so perfect I can't believe I didn't think of it before with Vice City. "

Yeh, thats what i was thinking 

i'm hopeful for this game, i really enjoyed GTAIV, the opinion of it generally seems to have changed since it was released, but i still think its one of the best games ever, especially of this generation, i thought the characters and story, despite some being a bit predictable were great  - it was the reason i bought a 360, and the only 360 game i've bought day or week one i think, and its actually the only 360 game i've ever paid full price for 

i didnt enjoy vice city, so that worries me, but i am hopeful, if the gameplay / story / storytelling etc have improved since GTAIV or even if theyre the same i think it'll be great 

though i wonder if rockstar can get away with releasing 'another' GTA game with the same mechanics etc, GTAIV did well because it pushed the boundaries in many ways, and subsequent releases from Rockstar, despite being developed by different internal teams, such as Red Dead and the upcoming La Noire, have changed things up in terms of setting - though i still thought red dead was very clunky, you can play GTAIV now and forgive it because its almost three years old but i felt red dead should have moved forward more in terms of control / gameplay and i hope V does as well

personally, i would really enjoy GTAV, and depending on what trailers look like i'll probably end up doing the same thing as IV and buying it as soon as its out, but if anything the Rockstar game i'm most excited about is La Noire
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By benjaebe
@Baillie said:
" @benjaebe said:
" I can't imagine we'd see any info on the next Grand Theft Auto while Rockstar is hard at work with L.A. Noire. "
Yeah, hard at work at publishing it... Rockstar North makes GTA. Rockstar San Diego make Red Dead. Team Bondi make L.A. Noire "
Regardless, I doubt they would announce another Grand Theft Auto right before one of their new IPs came out and they're working on promoting that. They're usually pretty good about staggering releases.
koobz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By koobz

Here's a higher res without any tabs blurred out.  The site in the OP only blurred out the tabs so they wouldn't advertise the site that originally posted it.  I'm not convinced.  Looks janky at best to me.  It's got weird centering and extremely flat and bland design.  Gay Tony wasn't Vice City, but the logo for that one had way more panache, and if this is a full release, you'd think they'd put at least as much effort into it as they did for an expansion. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/screenshot_gtav/51-1682393/ 

No Caption Provided
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60
@Laketown said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @TooWalrus said:
hey man nobody badmouthes GTA games in here or i'll start kicking some ass GOT PROBLEM BRO? GOT PROBLEM?  "
yes I do because GTAIV wasn't nearly half as fun as San Andreas (or Vice City for that matter) and I believe they will never be as good again. "
I disagree entirely. The gameplay in San Andreas and Vice City was complete garbage in comparison to GTAIV, I have no idea why other people say otherwise. It felt awful. 
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By CastroCasper

In the next game you play a stripper in Vegas named Vikki, I'm calling it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#35  Edited By Yummylee

I'm not so sure about this lil leak, but I still have confidence towards Vice City being featured in the next GTA, regardless of how legit that screen is.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sooty
@CL60 said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @TooWalrus said:
yes I do because GTAIV wasn't nearly half as fun as San Andreas (or Vice City for that matter) and I believe they will never be as good again. "
I disagree entirely. The gameplay in San Andreas and Vice City was complete garbage in comparison to GTAIV, I have no idea why other people say otherwise. It felt awful.  "
It's not that. GTA IV lacked stuff to do and the fun, wacky vibes found in both Vice City and San Andreas.

The driving and gunplay in GTA IV wasn't that great actually, Mafia II was a lot better with regards to how it felt to just play the game.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CL60
@Ygg said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @TooWalrus said:
I disagree entirely. The gameplay in San Andreas and Vice City was complete garbage in comparison to GTAIV, I have no idea why other people say otherwise. It felt awful.  "
It's not that. GTA IV lacked stuff to do and the fun, wacky vibes found in both Vice City and San Andreas. The driving and gunplay in GTA IV wasn't that great actually, Mafia II was a lot better with regards to how it felt to just play the game. "
The driving was perfect in GTAIV, it felt like a car, and it didn't have wacky shit because it was more serious, it had the best characters of any of the GTA games easily. The gunplay may not be the greatest in GTAIV, but it sure as hell is better than the other GTAs.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By Claude

I hope it's better than IV. That game sucked.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NTM
@Baillie said:
"OH SHIT. PINK = VICE CITY-ESQUE!? "

My first thought too.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrKlorox

My theory back from some kinda clip inside an instruction booklet of ELFC or some shit was the Caribbean. I'm talkin' Jamrock (Jamaica), VICE mothafuckin CITY (and the tip of Florida -- dick joke named of course), and maybe a Cuba analog or some shit. Full of international smugglin' and watersports. Hoping for some good jetski action and enhanced water physics. The "biggest" Rockstar game world yet... due to all the water spacing shit out.

It's probably a hoax.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@CL60 said:
" @Ygg said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @TooWalrus said:
It's not that. GTA IV lacked stuff to do and the fun, wacky vibes found in both Vice City and San Andreas. The driving and gunplay in GTA IV wasn't that great actually, Mafia II was a lot better with regards to how it felt to just play the game. "
The driving was perfect in GTAIV, it felt like a car, and it didn't have wacky shit because it was more serious, it had the best characters of any of the GTA games easily. The gunplay may not be the greatest in GTAIV, but it sure as hell is better than the other GTAs. "
CL60 i nodded and agreed with everything you said so much that i read it again just to make sure.. I HAVE NOTHING TO ADD YOU SAID IT ALL ! 
however i do disagree with you calling previous GTA games garbage. they were great at their time, and they did their own thing (the stuff to do and the funkiness and ridiculous fun), while IV took a new approach which also rocked ass and felt amazing.. 

However, i do NOT wish GTA to turn completely into a serious franchise like IV and RDR did. i hope Rockstar Games go back to the roots a little and give us some of the whacky Vice City/San Andreas action..  
being able to fly planes left and right, drive off a cliff and parachute down like a maniac, dive underwater and chase fish around, and all that fun shit, would be amazing to experience on IV's engine, or even a more enhanced one.. 

man rockstar games are fucking awesome <3
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CL60
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Ygg said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @TooWalrus said:
The driving was perfect in GTAIV, it felt like a car, and it didn't have wacky shit because it was more serious, it had the best characters of any of the GTA games easily. The gunplay may not be the greatest in GTAIV, but it sure as hell is better than the other GTAs. "
CL60 i nodded and agreed with everything you said so much that i read it again just to make sure.. I HAVE NOTHING TO ADD YOU SAID IT ALL ! however i do disagree with you calling previous GTA games garbage. they were great at their time, and they did their own thing (the stuff to do and the funkiness and ridiculous fun), while IV took a new approach which also rocked ass and felt amazing..  However, i do NOT wish GTA to turn completely into a serious franchise like IV and RDR did. i hope Rockstar Games go back to the roots a little and give us some of the whacky Vice City/San Andreas action..  being able to fly planes left and right, drive off a cliff and parachute down like a maniac, dive underwater and chase fish around, and all that fun shit, would be amazing to experience on IV's engine, or even a more enhanced one..  man rockstar games are fucking awesome <3 "
Well, I don't mean they are garbage, I still love them and think they are great, but I think when I see people say the gameplay in GTAIV is ass, and is better in the previous GTA games they need to take off the nostalgia glasses, because the gunplay and stuff in the previous GTA games has nothing on GTAIVs. Because honestly it isn't very good in the other GTAs.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MrKlorox said:
" My theory back from some kinda clip inside an instruction booklet of ELFC or some shit was the Caribbean. I'm talkin' Jamrock (Jamaica), VICE mothafuckin CITY (and the tip of Florida -- dick joke named of course), and maybe a Cuba analog or some shit. Full of international smugglin' and watersports. Hoping for some good jetski action and enhanced water physics. The "biggest" Rockstar game world yet... due to all the water spacing shit out.  It's probably a hoax. "
you are a beautiful person and i concur and approve and abide and salute you. that sounded FUCKING AMAZING 

PLEASE ROCKSTAR GAMES! PLEASE ! we've had enough of cities and suburbs, give us some of that Jamaican/Cuban badassery !! actually that'd be kinda like Scarface no ? 
Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Nomin

Everyone knows that GTAV is being developed, whether it being kept under the wraps or not. It is inevitable and the series will continue as sure as the seasons pass into cycles. In my opinion GTA San Andreas was still the most memorable GTA game by far, including the characters, the kind of emergent things you could do stretching that generation's engine to the fullest, and the sheer laundry list of features that weren't held back except maybe cosmetic touches like carwashes. Since the PC port of GTA IV was such a harrowing experience, SA in comparison ran like a dream from the get go, possibly owing to the light year performance gap between the aging PS2 hardware and PC of that timeframe, but nonetheless as gameplay experience it was very complete.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By crusader8463

Hope it's more Saints Row 2 then GTA 4 with a new lead. Wasn't a fan of their serious story. I want a good mix of crazy with serious like the older ones.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MrKlorox
@CL60:   I disagree with the opinion that Vice City was more fun than San Andreas. I found it easier to role-play as CJ than Tommy. Perhaps it's because I have a tighter fantasy connection to 90's hood flicks than 80's era anything. Hell, I was six when they ended. And the controls (on Xbox1 version and later PC version 1.00 with the awesome SA Advanced Control program from the dude responsible for the groundbreaking  X360 Controller Emulator app) while driving a bike haven't felt so right until TLAD. In fact it was best with driving skills set to minimum in slick cars like the Comet since it ended up resembling the driving scheme GTA4 went for. Cruising the countryside while jamming some Bounce or DST in the fog was worth hours of entertainment by itself.

And speaking of gaining skills Elder Scrolls style, RPG elements like that end up making it so much easier to role-play. Go figure. 

edit: But opinions are magic like that.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By TheHT

I was just recently thinking about how I enjoyed Vice City the most out of all the GTA games. Looks kinda fake, but man do I hope it's real.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Vice city rules, gimme some more

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Demyx

lol, this is sooo fake. Sounds nice i guess. but I doubt this is real.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By iam3green

meh at that. it is good news that they might be making a 5th of the series but i don't like it. i played 4 expecting something great like san andreas but i was disappointed with that. they made new graphics but they made it feel weird because of the realism that put into the game.