Guess the 3DS rumors are true (add on stick and Monster Hunter)

• 54 results
617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By 617_jbug
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/4734766.html

According to the 8-4 guy (Mark Macdonald) is saying that there will be a Monster Hunter 3DS and a second analog stick add on clip.

edit: it's an add on slide d-pad and Monster Hunter Tri 3G 3DS will come out late 2011
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

How the hell would a second analog stick work? I hope it'd be optional/supplementary.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jimi

After sinking hundreds of hours into the psp monster hunters using the claw (MH players will know) this is incredible news.

Interested in how the analog stick add on will work though, there arent any ports on the side for this sort of thing and no GBA slot (like guitar hero on tour)

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpudBug

I'm guessing that they will have to use the headphone jack and that it has some means of transmitting data.

if it can clip on to the side of the device securely and be engineered well, i think it could work.

Pack it in with Kid Icarus and a few other games, and sell it separate for $10. I keep thinking about the way sony transitioned from the original PS1 controllers to the dual shock.

I was thinking that maybe they could fix those issues with the top screen getting scratched if the new slide pad helps the system not close so tightly as well.

Reading that page in google translate was funny. A lot of comments regarding "vita is dead" and shock and excitement for both monster hunter and the 2nd analog add on.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By samfo

sounds like a hardware revision with a second stick is on the way!

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By RobertOrri

@Jimi said:

Interested in how the analog stick add on will work though, there arent any ports on the side for this sort of thing and no GBA slot (like guitar hero on tour)

@SpudBug said:

I'm guessing that they will have to use the headphone jack and that it has some means of transmitting data.

Perhaps it will come in some sort of cradle so that the form factor remains consistant, otherwise it would probably be a bit awkward to hold.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mmmslash

I'm still waiting for NA releases of MHP3rd and MHP3rd HD. 

If anyone thinks they are getting 3G 3DS, they are probably on some serious drugs.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By blair

I will be buying this (probable) new hardware revision of the 3DS with a copy of Ocarina of Time.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By recroulette

Think something like this would have saved the PSP?

Also, why would anyone pick Monster Hunter 3DS over the Vita version. Hell, even the PS3 port if that ever makes it over here.

Edit: This pretty much guarantees a second edition of the 3DS with a second slide pad. Calling it right now though. Second Slide Pad = Wii Motion Plus. Great addition? Maybe. Will anyone give a damn in the long run? Nope.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous

A second stick dongle seems kinda crazy.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By willin

That looks unbelievably awkward.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I would have regretted my 3DS purchase so bad if I had bought it day 1...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Double post, but here's how it looks like: 

No Caption Provided
ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I've had nothing but regret about the 3DS after buying one a few months back, this is just another brick in the wall.

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Spectreman

Half of gaming journalists must be eating your hat now.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sanity

Looks retarded, atleast most games wont use the thing. Not games already in development anyways. I can see it being added in a console revision though and if that happens then developers will use it.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By golguin

It's a good thing I didn't buy one at launch or I'd be pretty annoyed right now. Fortunately this will only mean good things for games in the future and the revised 3DS.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iDarktread

HOORAY! 

I bought a launch DS, man... NEVER AGAIN.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JohnDudebro

Nintendo has no fucking idea what they're doing, do they.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel

I find this solution acceptable. Games that would work better using two analogue sticks can now have the option, and early adopters don't need to buy a whole new 3DS if and when a two-stick revision is made.

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Blubba

Fuck you Nintendo. Price drop my ass, and now this shit too? Sure, you don't owe me anything, but I also don't owe you a purchase of a launch day Wii U, which I probably wasn't going to do just because the Wii was a disaster for the enthusiast. If you wanted a second joystick, you should have just built it in! Everyone knew that the parascope controls was not an adequate replacement.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hailinel

@Blubba said:

Fuck you Nintendo. Price drop my ass, and now this shit too? Sure, you don't owe me anything, but I also don't owe you a purchase of a launch day Wii U, which I probably wasn't going to do just because the Wii was a disaster for the enthusiast. If you wanted a second joystick, you should have just built it in! Everyone knew that the parascope controls was not an adequate replacement.

What the fuck is your problem? Seriously:

1. This accessory prevents the need to upgrade if and when a two-stick model 3DS is released.
  2. Not every game is going to require it, much less make use of it, so you don't necessarily ever need to buy one.
  3. I reiterate, it is an optional accessory.
  4. You sound like a whiner with entitlement issues. Grow up.

Will I buy one? Probably, yeah. Would I have preferred if a second stick were built into the unit itself? Definitely, but I could also imagine the extra hardware causing the base price of the 3DS to go up as a result. Am I going to bitch and moan about the existence of an accessory I am under no obligation to buy? No.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Doctorchimp

@iDarktread said:

HOORAY! I bought a launch DS, man... NEVER AGAIN.

I'm still sticking with my fat launch silver DS until Nintendo actually says "Okay we figured it out, we're sorry" releases the second analog stick revision and some fucking games.

Until then I'll stick with Dragon Quest IX on a horrible dim screen, that's seriously my 2011 2010 game of the year.

But jesus did Nintendo really trip and fall on itself.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By JJOR64

Looks goofy. Oh well, I will get one anyways. Now I want to know the price.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By wafflez

@iDarktread said:

HOORAY! I bought a launch DS, man... NEVER AGAIN.

Right!? I am very proud of myself for cancelling that amazon order.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iDarktread
@Doctorchimp: Up until a few months ago, I had a DS I bought on launch day, too. I found an all black (the one I wanted) DS Lite with a dead pixel on craigslist for $65, and sold my regular DS for $50.  

Now here's my latest Nintendo-related concern:

I want to buy a DSi XL at some point this year. If the 3DS revision comes out very late, I may feel like a DSi XL, if I have the money, would be a worthy replacement for my DS Lite with a dead pixel. However, if the 3DS with a second analog stick revision releases, and I buy that too... what happens when they release the 3DS XL, which they totally might? 

Hmph, I want to give Nintendo my money this year, but I don't want to lose sleep over pulling the trigger on an XL. Bah, can't stand it.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Doctorchimp

@iDarktread: My brother just bought a Black DS lite from some guy on luelinks and it's really nice.

I say wait it out for an announcement. If they announce a 3DS with a second stick before the end of the year then forget about the DSi XL and just wait for the 3DS second stick.

If you hear nothing then get the DSi XL

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By C2C

@Hailinel said:

1. This accessory prevents the need to upgrade if and when a two-stick model 3DS is released.
  2. Not every game is going to require it, much less make use of it, so you don't necessarily ever need to buy one.

Will I buy one? Probably, yeah. Would I have preferred if a second stick were built into the unit itself? Definitely, but I could also imagine the extra hardware causing the base price of the 3DS to go up as a result. Am I going to bitch and moan about the existence of an accessory I am under no obligation to buy? No.

I can understand where the rage is coming from.

1. This additional nub came out close enough where I can question its omission from the original 3DS design.

2 & 3. This splits the player base for specific games, optional or not.

4. When a consumer has been burned twice by Nintendo for purchasing a system at launch date, you know whining isn't as far fetched as your making it seem :/

I do have to note however that I am not a 3DS owner and judging by how bad Nintendo is screwing the pooch on this one, probably never will be.

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blubba

@Hailinel said:

@Blubba said:

By claiming that you're not bitching and moaning, you're actually just bitching and moaning about bitching and moaning, while masquerading like you're somehow a better person. Instead, you're just being a typical internet asshole who is upset because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you. How about I share my opinion why I think this sucks?

1. While this upgrade prevents the need for an upgrade, it's also still going to cost money, which is small issue as long as it's reasonably priced. My bigger issue is that early adopters are basically going to have to ghettofy their 3DS. Does that thing look portable? Isn't the 3DS a PORTABLE system? I can't bring that thing around with me!
  2. You claim it's optional, but I disagree. The 3DS hasn't taken off, so only a couple of early adopters are getting screwed. The DS Phat was outsold by the DS Lite because there were games to actually buy at that point. I'm assuming there will be games when 3DS 2.0 comes out, so that install base will probably be much larger than the early adopters. So if a large install base has the accessory, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the optional nature of this thing doesn't hold throughout this generation. But of course, since this thing doesn't really fit into my portable needs, I will likely have to buy the new model if it does catch on.
  3. Oh, and I already said that NINTENDO DOESN'T OWE ME ANYTHING. No, I'm not entitled to anything, but I don't have to be happy about it. I would love to hear your argument about why "I'm just being a whiner" because I don't want to buy a Wii U on launch day anymore. I doubt I'm the only one. Sorry, but I shouldn't be criticized just because you can't read.
  4. I didn't realize there was only one correct opinion, sorry asshole. My 3DS investment has backfired pretty badly on me, but I didn't realize how irrational it is to be upset about anything these days. Thank goodness we have you hear cheerleading for Nintendo to sort me out!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Enigma777

Dear early 3DS adopters,

You have my sincere condolences. Also next time you might wanna wait for the Vita.

Yours,

Hitlerchu

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@FluxWaveZ said:

No Caption Provided

I'm actually for the bigger form of the thing. I fucking hated trying to play SSIV with my ogre hands. This might actually make my hands not all cramped up from prolonged play. I'm super curious to see what they think will be a good price. I'd say about 20 bucks sounds right.

So about that offset screen.....

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Skald

That's the kludgiest looking add-on I've seen in awhile.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Marz

think I'll just wait till the 3ds comes out with a new version with analog stick #2 built in.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hailinel

@Blubba: There's a difference between being a cheerleader and being logical. You're the one overreacting.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By louiedog

I've been reading stories and comment threads about this damn thing for an hour now and I still don't believe it's real. How can this not be a joke? Seriously, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Samaritan

Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ: "...so, this PlayStation Vita thing has TWO analog sticks." "Fuck."

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

No Caption Provided

I'm actually for the bigger form of the thing. I fucking hated trying to play SSIV with my ogre hands. This might actually make my hands not all cramped up from prolonged play. I'm super curious to see what they think will be a good price. I'd say about 20 bucks sounds right.

So about that offset screen.....

So we are going back to the Brick DS? HELL YES!!   :)
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Afroman269

Looks dumb.

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Blubba

@Hailinel: I'm overreacting? I'm upset with my situation because my investment has backfired like crazy at this point. I give Nintendo a simple "fuck you" (it's a company, it's not personal) and state that I'm not going to be an early adopter next time around. You were the one who made it personal by doing the following:

• Asking me "What the fuck is your problem?" (That is personal)
  • You called me a whiner
  • You said I'm bitching and moaning
  • You said I have self-entitlement issues

I don't think my first post was that unreasonable. You resorted to personal attacks rather than just stating why you disagree. That is an overreaction. If you're going to call somebody out when they have done nothing to you, you are beyond the realm of making any claims about overreaction.

Avatar image for deactivated-6620058d9fa01
deactivated-6620058d9fa01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just going to turn out like Motion Plus right?

LEGITLakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LEGITLakers

This looks like shit. Fuck Monster Hunter. Is it even confirmed that it is Nintendo making this add-on? It looks like some cheap 3rd party peripheral that will never be used for other games.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel

@Blubba: It's called "calling you out on your foolishness." Asking what the fuck is your problem isn't personal. If I wanted to get personal, I'd ask for your age, sex, and location. (No, I don't want any of those.)

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By SpudBug

Is it just me or are people like, just super eager to be anti everything nintendo does lately?

I'm reserving judgement until people have actually used and held it, and there's been some full details on what the cradle thing does.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By C2C

@SpudBug said:

Is it just me or are people like, just super eager to be anti everything nintendo does lately?

I'm reserving judgement until people have actually used and held it, and there's been some full details on what the cradle thing does.

I think that it is more like people have been down on 3DS. The new Zelda game seems to be still highly anticipated and its still too early for judgement to be passed on Wii U. Some people are using the shaky 3DS launch as a point of reference for Wii U, which may or may not be justified.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jimi

Great. Looks like this thing won't be compatible with my Niko + battery pack that I bought because 3ds batteries are completely shit.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#46  Edited By StarvingGamer

Hooray Monster Hunter, although if it turn out to be clunky I wonder if I'll have the option to claw it instead. My hands are ready!

Also a lot of negative nancies in this thread. If I had to guess I'd imagine the analog add-on will come as a MH pack-in. Let's wait and see hmmm?

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Contro

The cradle is reported to add not only the Analog Stick, but also 3 new shoulder buttons (covering the right trigger with a new one), and an earphone port at the bottom.

Speculation stemming from the marks inside the cradle suggest that it will also house an extra battery (whether one that is sold separately or built in), and more interestingly, upgraded wireless features, which with all the extra buttons might make the machine a viable alterative to the Wii U Tablet Controller.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@LEGITLakers said:

This looks like shit. Fuck Monster Hunter. Is it even confirmed that it is Nintendo making this add-on? It looks like some cheap 3rd party peripheral that will never be used for other games.

No, it's apparently a Capcom device, nothing to do with Nintendo.

@SpudBug said:

Again, apparently not a Nintendo peripheral, but they have made a lot of dumb decisions lately, and the prospect of the 3DS being redesigned so soon would really anger a lot of fans.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CounterShock

Now i'm not so sure if I should buy a 3DS until the next hardware revision.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By Bollard

Officially the biggest fuck you in the history of Nintendo. This better still be BS. That fucking boat sized add on is retarded as hell.  

EDIT: Actually I'm fairly certain this can't be a Nintendo piece of hardware. Looks silly. Also, last time I checked MH worked fine on the PSP (once you were used to it) with no second stick, why would Capcom force one on the 3DS?

@Hailinel said:

I find this solution acceptable. Games that would work better using two analogue sticks can now have the option, and early adopters don't need to buy a whole new 3DS if and when a two-stick revision is made.

How is THIS acceptable? : 

@Hailinel said: 

@Blubba said:

3. I reiterate, it is an optional accessory.

It's clear what his and every other 3DS owner's problem is, if you aren't being a douche all the time. The accessory is huge and looks like a turd. When they re-release with a new analogue stick it will obviously become a standard (otherwise why would Nintendo bother?) so it will hardly end up being optional. Also, all his points were valid - Nintendo SHOULD have made a second stick for the start. 

Regardless I am starting to believe this isn't a Nintendo joint, especially after someone said Capcom were behind it. Which makes more sense.