#1 Posted by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -

Basically, your typical "guess the game" thread, but a give a bad, ambiguous description.

Young man saves his father figure...

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3805 posts) -

Zelda? Halo 3..

#3 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Damn, I can't seem to guess it.

#4 Edited by CaLe (4072 posts) -

Soap (relatively young) saved Cpt. Price from that Gulag so Modern Warfare 2.

#5 Edited by Yummylee (22661 posts) -

The fuck? I mean I know it's the point to make it so broad, but... this doesn't seem like an especially fun game to play.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12588 posts) -

Zeno Clash 2.
That is, of course, assuming you're okay with also accepting father-mother figures.

#7 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Could be any number of games, thought this was a thread of showing off the bad game descriptions on the back of the box (or online) versus just coming up with vague descriptions.

#8 Edited by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -

@yummylee: Heh I guess this one was a little too over the top, can be done much better:

Correct Answer: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Drake saves Sully and you find out about their relationship a lot deeper in UC3.

#9 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@yummylee: Heh I guess this one was a little too over the top, can be done much better:

Correct Answer: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Damn, and I was just thinking about saying that game, I'm upset at myself now.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (22661 posts) -

@yummylee: Heh I guess this one was a little too over the top, can be done much better:

Correct Answer: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

GODDAMNIT THAT WAS TOTALLY MY FIRST THOUGHT AS WELL @_@

#11 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Guess this game.

Your a guy in a combat suit trying to prevent a terrorist attack.

#12 Posted by Nitrocore (369 posts) -

Gran Turismo 5?

#13 Edited by CaLe (4072 posts) -

I also thought about that...... seemed too obvious. It's actually pretty difficult to describe a game in an obscure way without giving away what it is.

Take a lot of phone calls while avoiding line of sight and prevent World War 3. It's too obvious.

#14 Edited by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -
@cale said:

I also thought about that...... seemed too obvious. It's actually pretty difficult to describe a game in an obscure way without giving away what it is.

Take a lot of phone calls while avoiding line of sight and prevent World War 3. It's too obvious.

@falserelic said:

Guess this game.

Your a guy in a combat suit trying to prevent a terrorist attack.

Both are MGS?

Bald dude punches cops in the balls while forcing geniuses to work for him.

#15 Edited by CaLe (4072 posts) -

@execsmough said:

Bald dude punches cops in the balls while forcing geniuses to work for him.

I'd say Saints Row: The Third but the main character is customizable.. I believe there is a melee attack that punches in the balls, although I could be mistaken, and you force(?) the computer geek girl to work for you.

#16 Posted by Itwongo (1269 posts) -
#17 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@cale said:

I also thought about that...... seemed too obvious. It's actually pretty difficult to describe a game in an obscure way without giving away what it is.

Take a lot of phone calls while avoiding line of sight and prevent World War 3. It's too obvious.

@falserelic said:

Guess this game.

Your a guy in a combat suit trying to prevent a terrorist attack.

Both are MGS?

Bald dude punches cops in the balls while forcing geniuses to work for him.

Nope, I'll drop a hint.

Its a high-powered suit, that your main character helped make.

Want me to tell you what game it is?

#18 Edited by Icicle7x3 (1211 posts) -

@execsmough said:
@cale said:

I also thought about that...... seemed too obvious. It's actually pretty difficult to describe a game in an obscure way without giving away what it is.

Take a lot of phone calls while avoiding line of sight and prevent World War 3. It's too obvious.

@falserelic said:

Guess this game.

Your a guy in a combat suit trying to prevent a terrorist attack.

Both are MGS?

Bald dude punches cops in the balls while forcing geniuses to work for him.

Nope, I'll drop a hint.

Its a high-powered suit, that your main character helped make.

Want me to tell you what game it is?

Shadow Complex

#19 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@icicle7x3 said:

@falserelic said:

@execsmough said:
@cale said:

I also thought about that...... seemed too obvious. It's actually pretty difficult to describe a game in an obscure way without giving away what it is.

Take a lot of phone calls while avoiding line of sight and prevent World War 3. It's too obvious.

@falserelic said:

Guess this game.

Your a guy in a combat suit trying to prevent a terrorist attack.

Both are MGS?

Bald dude punches cops in the balls while forcing geniuses to work for him.

Nope, I'll drop a hint.

Its a high-powered suit, that your main character helped make.

Want me to tell you what game it is?

Shadow Complex

nope.

I'll drop another hint.

It takes place in space.

#20 Posted by Corvak (1174 posts) -

@falserelic: Pikmin. Olimar's people wear space suits into battle. He is rushing back to his home planet with terrorist intel when he unfortunately crashes.

#21 Edited by BigJeffrey (5165 posts) -

Guy in Armor, Saves humanity

#22 Posted by Quarters (1955 posts) -

@icicle7x3 said:

@falserelic said:

@execsmough said:
@cale said:

I also thought about that...... seemed too obvious. It's actually pretty difficult to describe a game in an obscure way without giving away what it is.

Take a lot of phone calls while avoiding line of sight and prevent World War 3. It's too obvious.

@falserelic said:

Guess this game.

Your a guy in a combat suit trying to prevent a terrorist attack.

Both are MGS?

Bald dude punches cops in the balls while forcing geniuses to work for him.

Nope, I'll drop a hint.

Its a high-powered suit, that your main character helped make.

Want me to tell you what game it is?

Shadow Complex

nope.

I'll drop another hint.

It takes place in space.

Vanquish?

Online
#23 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@quarters:

My man, your correct its Vanquish.

#25 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -
#26 Posted by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -

Lizard-Giraffe hybrids present you a tough decision...

#27 Posted by Quarters (1955 posts) -

@falserelic: Nice! Remembered just enough of the game...

@execsmough Holy crap, I don't even know where to begin with that one.

Online
#28 Posted by MonetaryDread (2200 posts) -

Lizard-Giraffe hybrids present you a tough decision...

Space-Giraffe?

#29 Posted by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -

@monetarydread: No it's definitely reptilian, but they have floppy ears.

#30 Posted by CaLe (4072 posts) -
#31 Posted by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -

@cale said:

@execsmough said:

@monetarydread: No it's definitely reptilian, but they have floppy ears.

Kingseeker Frampt - Dark Souls.

yeah I gave it away there kinda.

A superhero with poor hygiene.

#32 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3491 posts) -

A guy who does a thing.

#33 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I got another game, but I don't know if alot of people played t.

The game was originally a wii exclusive, but got ported to the ps3. In the game you play as a guy, who fights to become number one.

Doe's anyone knows what this game is?

#34 Edited by ZolRoyce (887 posts) -

A guy who does a thing.

Deadly Premonition, definitely Deadly Premonition.

#35 Edited by Rick_Fingers (523 posts) -

Fun idea.

"An ethnically variable man works for the United Nations"

#36 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Guess this game.

Your a guy in a combat suit trying to prevent a terrorist attack.

Doom

Combat suit = Doomguy

Terrorists = Demons from hell taking over