• 145 results
#1 Posted by BeachThunder (12406 posts) -

Even though there's no release date yet -- it seems likely to be in the first half of the year -- I'm going to say Skyoshock is a safe bet as this year's first 5 star review.

Also, of course, I'm talking about Giant Bomb reviews, not reviews from rival video game websites.

#2 Posted by mushroomyakuza (22 posts) -

And ME3. At least, I hope so.

#3 Posted by Alexandruxx (228 posts) -

I hope ME3 is one of them.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (12406 posts) -

@mushroomyakuza said:

Personally ME3 seems iffy; from everything I've seen it looks like they're not really sure what kind of game they want to make anymore =(

#5 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@mushroomyakuza said:

Personally ME3 seems iffy; from everything I've seen it looks like they're not really sure what kind of game they want to make anymore =(

and what have you seen to make you think that.

#6 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, but only if Brad reviews it. Bioshock: Infinite also seems like a sure deal, but I don't think it's going to be the first one of the year. SSX also seems like a decent enough package that could pull it off.

#7 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

The first AAA title Brad reviews.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

SSX or Street Fighter X Teken.

#9 Edited by GunstarRed (5448 posts) -

If it's not Mass Effect, possibly Journey.

#10 Posted by Jaytow (705 posts) -

Yeah, it's gonna be mass effect 3.

#11 Posted by monssfisch (45 posts) -

Rhythm Heaven Fever? The DS version got five stars.

#12 Posted by Veiasma (194 posts) -

I'm going to gamble.

I'll take Syndicate.

#13 Posted by VincentVendetta (274 posts) -

Rhythm Heaven Fever.

#14 Posted by Jimbo (9984 posts) -

@Veiasma said:

I'm going to gamble.

I'll take Syndicate.

Ha! I'll take that bet.

#15 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. I want to believe that it will turn out to be better than ME2 and end the series on a high note.

#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

Mass Effect 3.

There's a few things to be said about it BUT I CAN'T HEAR YOUR ARGUMENTS OVER THE SOUND OF THE REAPERS MURDERING EVERYTHING OHGOD-....

#17 Posted by Ghostiet (5315 posts) -
@VincentVendetta said:

Rhythm Heaven Fever.

This.
#18 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 for sure.

@Jimbo said:

@Veiasma said:

I'm going to gamble.

I'll take Syndicate.

Ha! I'll take that bet.

I see Syndicate getting an unexpected 4 out of 5.

#19 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Fighting games seem to be getting high scores

I have a feeling SFXTekken might take it.

#20 Posted by 9cupsoftea (651 posts) -

There is a snowball's chance in hell ME3 gets less than 5 stars fom GB. No matter who reviews it.

#21 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I don't have a ton of faith in ME3, so either Rythm Heaven Fever or SFxTekken.

#22 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

Syndicate probably, if the single player is good, from what i saw in the demo it's potential is high.

#23 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 comes out before Mass Effect 3.

#24 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

I hope it's SSX.

#25 Posted by MachoFantastico (4889 posts) -

Have my doubts about Mass Effect 3, absolutely hated all the marketing for the game so far. I think Bioshock Infinite is a safe bet. Would love to be surprised by a game getting 5 stars we didn't expect. Think SSX will do well, I can't wait for it myself but it'll probably be a 4 star.

#26 Posted by Jimbo (9984 posts) -

ME3 was 5 stars when it was announced. Something else will probably get 5 stars before that though... maybe?

#27 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

Mass Effect 3.

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (12406 posts) -

@jetsetwillie said:

@BeachThunder said:

@mushroomyakuza said:

and what have you seen to make you think that.

From the demo and other things, it seems like there an even bigger dissonance between simultaneously appealing to newcomers looking for an action-packed third-person-shooter and people wanting a more 'old-school-RPG'. Anyway, I don't want to get into a whole tirade about what I think about Mass Effect. Regardless, I think it would be great to be proven wrong, I really loved Mass Effect 1.

#29 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

ME3.

SSX's multiplayer modes are going to let it down, I think.

#30 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

Farming simulator 2012 no doubt.

#31 Posted by themangalist (1747 posts) -

@mcderby4 said:

Mass Effect 3 for sure.

@Jimbo said:

@Veiasma said:

I'm going to gamble.

I'll take Syndicate.

Ha! I'll take that bet.

I see Syndicate getting an unexpected 4 out of 5.

The trailers show nothing interesting. At all. At least "clone" games like Binary Domain or Demon's Forge has some sort of unique systems, but Sydicate just looks like everything other future shooter released in the past 5 years. Jeff even explicitly asked the devs in one showing that if you become betrayed by your organization at some point, and they said ya. The only redeeming factor would be if it plays really REALLY good. But I doubt that either.

#32 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

If we're talking about games that have already been released but are being ported to the Vita I would say Rayman Origins for the Vita will probably get a 5/5 (if it is reviewed that is). For a brand new game, probably Mass Effect 3.

#33 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, hopefully.

#34 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

ME3 or SSX I would say.

#35 Posted by RetroVirus (1491 posts) -

I'm hoping for Mass Effect 3.

#36 Posted by evanbower (1216 posts) -

@monssfisch said:

Rhythm Heaven Fever? The DS version got five stars.

Yeah. Jeff has only had good things to say about that so far. Seems pretty likely.

#37 Posted by OtakuGamer (1285 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 hasn't appealed to me this time around. Maybe because it has the scent of EA branding, not because they published it, more like intervened with the production to make it more "appealing to the masses". I don't know, those trailers gave a bad taste in my mouth. I'll gamble for Mass Effect 3 though.

#38 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

@Veiasma said:

I'm going to gamble.

I'll take Syndicate.

Ha! I'll take that bet.

I'll up the ante and add Spec Ops: The Line to the mix.

#39 Posted by BatmanReturned (49 posts) -

BioShock Infinite is definitely a fall release and thats barring it getting delayed. The nebulous 2012 release date and the trickle of new info we seem to get out of 2K points to either late 2012 or it getting pushed back I think.

Mass Effect 3 is a month away and that is about guaranteed a 5 star unless there is something horribly wrong with that game that utterly breaks it. No way Infinite is going to pop up secretly between then and now. Maybe a Vita title might take the cake though. With over two dozen launch titles one of them has to be really good you would think.

#40 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Lumines

#41 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

Rhythm Heaven Fever or Mass Effect 3.

#42 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 or Street Fighter X Tekken. Whichever review goes up first.

#43 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 for sure.

Also Shootmania.

#44 Posted by biospank (657 posts) -

syndicate and ssx but I hope that dragons dogma gets one because I hope that it will be good.  And max payne3 will get a 5 star I would almost bet money on it.

#45 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1012 posts) -

I'll take a shot and say Twisted Metal. I can dream, can't I? But, I know the single player is balls hard and the controls are a little cumbersome, so... but I want it to be a 5-star game so badly.

#46 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@mushroomyakuza said:

Hence, "hope."

#47 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

I'm going to say probably the 360 version of The Witcher 2 or Max Payne 3 (this is just me hoping it'll be good.)

#48 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -

ME3, SSX, or MP3.

#49 Posted by Raven10 (1922 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Even though there's no release date yet -- it seems likely to be in the first half of the year -- I'm going to say Skyoshock is a safe bet as this year's first 5 star review.

Also, of course, I'm talking about Giant Bomb reviews, not reviews from rival video game websites.

Bioshock Infinite is coming in the second half of the year so I doubt it will be among the first. I think Mass Effect 3 has the highest chance.

#50 Posted by Aetheldod (3719 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 or Journey