• 77 results
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

Stallion83 will be in the 2010 Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest achievement score....317,523. He said he's shooting for 1 million. You can see his blog here. And I thought I was cool for having nearly 38,000. :(

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

Can you even get a million yet? But dayum, if it's totally legitimate (I don't mean, ZOMGz Avatar am not hardcore! or game glitches, I mean no gamesave hacking) ten fair fucking play to the guy. If I had the time and money i'd probably be up there with him, when I get addicted to gamerscore it usually shoots up 10k or so in a week then i'm bored and onto the next shiny thing i've seen.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

Probably a cheating asshole, but still impressive.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By cinemandrew
EpicSteve said:
Stallion83 will be in the 2010 Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest achievement score....317,523. He said he's ... [more]
Are you implying that this guy is "cool"? 'Cause 300,000+ achievement points seems more like "he needs to get a life" rather than "cool".
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate
cinemandrew said:
EpicSteve said: Stallion83 will be in the 2010 Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest achievement score....317,523. He ... [more]
Posting on a gaming forum with an avatar of wario- sayign that a dude is needing ot get a life because of his gamerscore - seems a little more like 'he needs to get a life' than 'cool'
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

Oh god, gaming records?  Why...

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain
@cinemandrew:

People can do anything and someone will still say "Man, that guy needs to get a life/get laid" Besides, at least he's doing 'something' instead of lounging around getting stoned and just being a general menace to society or whatever it is the kids usually do these days.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8  Edited By natetodamax
cinemandrew said:
EpicSteve said: Stallion83 will be in the 2010 Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest achievement score....317,523. He ... [more]
What qualifies as "having a life" to you?
Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Log

Pretty lame imo

LADIESMAN217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LADIESMAN217

Why is he being praised for this?

Achievments are cool, but when it gets to the point where you're not spending your money to enjoy a game, but to increase your score, then we have a problem.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

Stallion83 has been at the top for awhile now, so this is no surprise. It is pretty impressive...but sort of scary. The amount of effort for me to get to 21000 is a lot and when compared to his astronomical score, I feel sort of creeped out.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain

Yet when some sportsman scores (I don't know sports, a large, record breaking number) of (insert score terminology here)'s then people are all over it. When it involves video games instead it's just sad... Apparently.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60

DAMN!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mordukai

Does he have a life?

He needs to find himself a women or man, depends what his preferences are.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

the guiness book of world records have long been reaching for material to put in their books though every year they keep selling less and less, why would any one wanna buy a book and read about how other people did some inane shit to get an award?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EpicSteve
cinemandrew said:
 I wouldn't utilize the word "cool" in the sense of "I totally want to hang out and have a beer with that guy", but in the sense of "holy shit, I thought I was into achievements." Gaming's all about accomplishment, and while their will always be that guy who takes it too far, it's still impressive.
Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Cynical_M

some of his games scream "achievement whore"......

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By cinemandrew
@EpicSteve: I'd agree with that. It's certainly impressive. No denying that, but at the same time, just thinking about the amount of time and effort it would take to "achieve" this feat makes me wonder if they guy even enjoys it most of the time. I actually want to know more about the guy. Does he sleep? Does he work? Does he rent all these games, or is he the spoiled son of a billionaire? How long has he been playing 360? How many hours a day does he play? It just doesn't seem worth it to me.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By StarFoxA

I'm proud of my 3000!

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Not_Rage  Online

Giant Bomb should be in that book, im being serious! Maybe "largest video game database" or something.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Stang
The_A_Drain said:
Yet when some sportsman scores (I don't know sports, a large, record breaking number) of (insert score terminology here)'s then ... [more]
Are you serious? You are telling me that a gamer score of 300,000 should be regarded  just as prestigious as pitching a perfect game or setting a rushing record in the NFL? Give me a break!
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Stang:

Have all the breaks you want. But I really don't see what the distinction is, some guys great at bowling, woop, some guys great at running, woop, some guys great at videogames? Boooooo. While I wouldn't directly compare having a high gamerscore to those events, I would still consider other similar events in competitive gaming to be of equal worth, we really hold sport in too high a regard, to the point where many cities economies come to depend on sport, it's ridiculous.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By RandomHero666
@The_A_Drain: You have succeeded to provide an excellent point, some people excell at different things, people just need to lay off the guy and give him some credit, which he deserves.

Also: Grammar Nazi Reporting in, its spelled "Guinness"
Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hughes

Damn, I'm working on my road to 20,000 and this dude has his sights on a million.

The only game on my profile that he hasn't played is Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts. That and a 0G Castlevania SotN trial.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What ever doods, I think it's cool that Guiness is recognizing gamer scores.

benyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By benyyy
dam makes my pittyfull 16,000 seem like nothing....
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's kinda stupid awarding this record just after they have released the book of Guinness World Records 2009 Gamers Edition. They should have worked hard at getting everything finalized before it came out, then it could be included in the book. Now they have to wait until next years 2010 edition to do it.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_A_Drain
@MattyFTM:

Yeah, that's true. By them i'm sure someone will have overtaken him, that or his score will be hella bigger.
_CaZzA974_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By _CaZzA974_
Man that guy has way too much time on his hands
It's a pretty epic achievement and such but saying he's cool is stupid

there is no way that a guy who spends all his time on an xbox is cool

i like playing xbox and stuff but all day everyday is too much

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RsistncE
@OmegaPirate said:
" Posting on a gaming forum with an avatar of wario- sayign that a dude is needing ot get a life because of his gamerscore - seems a little more like 'he needs to get a life' than 'cool' "
Yeahhh...uh no. Posting on a forum takes approx. 5 seconds. Getting a maxed out gamerscore requires nearly every waking hour.

Posting on a game forum =/= spending ALL your time playing video games
freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By freakin

Guiness should be ashamed of themselves, if this is in then how should the world's tallest man feel about his record now?  Answer: Like shit.

RyShe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By RyShe

Everyone hating on Guiness for this, don't worry it's only in the Gammer Edition, so feel free to hate on the Gamer Edition for exsisting, but don't hate on this being included things like this are the reason they made the Gamer Edition. 

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By destruktive

Stallion is a regulare at 360voice :D
I remember him having not that much more than me, then I stopped paying attention and now he has 300k? djezz.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RsistncE
@The_A_Drain: People admire athletes because they are performing physical feats. They have physical traits that make them good survivors (they're usually strong, can run fast etc.) These are survivability traits that would be naturally selected for. Spending all your time in front of a screen pressing buttons? I'm not sure what kind of feat that even is but I highly doubt natural selection would favor such an individual very much. There is the distinction. One is good and the other is bad...in terms of health and overall well being (we'll throw survivability in there). In all honesty I don't know anyone who would choose to have a high gamerscore over the physical traits of a receiver or pretty much any other athlete.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_A_Drain
@freakin said:
"Guiness should be ashamed of themselves, if this is in then how should the world's tallest man feel about his record now?  Answer: Like shit."

The worlds tallest man feels like shit anyway, I highly doubt he gives a fuck about his record given he has major back problems, severe arthritis, trouble even standing up and has to use TWO walking stick at all times.

@RsistncE:

And natural selection isn't playing a part in our evolution anymore because of the way our society works nowadays, honestly, I could give a shit that a guy can run X many metres in X many seconds, it doesn't matter in todays society any more than having 300,000 gamerscore. Sure, so long as you are healthy that's awesome and plenty of people who spend a lot of time playing games are still healthy and even if not all of them are, so what? Not all athletes are healthy either, just ask all the ones with shrunken testes, bone disorders, and all the boxers with brain damage. Real smart guys huh?
freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By freakin
@The_A_Drain said:
" @freakin said:
"Guiness should be ashamed of themselves, if this is in then how should the world's tallest man feel about his record now?  Answer: Like shit."
The worlds tallest man feels like shit anyway, I highly doubt he gives a fuck about his record given he has major back problems, severe arthritis, trouble even standing up and has to use TWO walking stick at all times

yes I certainly wasn't going for irony.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_A_Drain
@freakin said:
"@The_A_Drain said:
" @freakin said:
The worlds tallest man feels like shit anyway, I highly doubt he gives a fuck about his record given he has major back problems, severe arthritis, trouble even standing up and has to use TWO walking stick at all times
yes I certainly wasn't going for irony."

Oh well forgive me for not being able to sense tone of voice through text.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Emilio

Anyone can get that, just get gamefly. Now, if he got 1000/1000 on all games, that would be impressive. ( plus and minus glitched or impossible achievements )

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By TheJollyRajah
@OmegaPirate said:
" Posting on a gaming forum with an avatar of wario- sayign that a dude is needing ot get a life because of his gamerscore - seems a little more like 'he needs to get a life' than 'cool' "
Buuurrrrrn.
lowfatevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lowfatevan

favorite game on his profile:  

my horse and me 2 

i gotta pick that up.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By ZmillA

thats kinda dumb considering it only takes a second for someone to surpass his record and I doubt Guiness is going to update it every time that happens

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iam3green

dang his trying to get 1 million achievement score. it will be a little hard to do that. he was 380,000 right now. i thought i was good when i finally hit 10,000 a couple of months ago.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Slippy

Goddam, AND he has a hot wife? Goddam..

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MikeFightNight
@The_A_Drain said:
" @cinemandrew: People can do anything and someone will still say "Man, that guy needs to get a life/get laid" Besides, at least he's doing 'something' instead of lounging around getting stoned and just being a general menace to society or whatever it is the kids usually do these days. "
You do know you can get stoned and play videogames right? 
However I can agree with that fact that atleast he's not out knifing and shooting people I guess.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By Mushir

That's just embarrassing.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ch13696
@Mordukai said:
" Does he have a life?
He needs to find himself a women or man, depends what his preferences are.
"
And when he goes up to that person to impress them all he can say is "I'm in the Guiness book of world records. 

They'll say "for what"?

And he'll say "for getting the highest achievement score on the Xbox 360".

Then that's when they laugh in his face. So the moral of this story is choose your life wisely. Cause once you do then the other group will look down on you.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#47  Edited By citizenkane

And here I am with a ~14k gamer score.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Barrock

Microsoft should give him a free lifetime subscription to Xbox Live. 

I wonder how many 360's he's gone through?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By jakob187
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EpicSteve
@jakob187 said:
" I feel like I should point out that Stallion83 happens to have a Giant Bomb account.  = D "
Thanks for pointing that out. He might win GB user of the Year.