Guitar Hero: World Tour - Still undecided.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico
It's odd because I jumped at getting Rock Band when it ''finally'' launched over here in the UK, But I honestly can't decide if to serious consider getting GH:WT. It sounds like a great package if indeed an expensive one but theres still part of me that isn't sure about picking up. I'll admit I haven't been looking out for much information on the game but there are still areas that worry me, I have already been burnt once before with the pretty average Rock Band equipment. 

Now, I honestly am unsure about picking up the whole pack of instruments. Anyone else picking them or already preordered them? and will they work with RB2 whenever that game gets released? Drum noise also worries me, I found the RB drums way to noisey and I always wanted to get the hang of the drums properly but in the end lost patience so stopped using them. There is another reason, I was going to order them from GAME and they are adding an extra Bass (older version of the GH Guitar) Guitar into the package and I already have 5 of them lol!

To be honest, if I was going for any music game it would be GH:WT, I've kind of had enough of RB for the obvious reasons. But I'm still undecided.... anyone else?
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

I deleted the duplicate thread!

Anyways, I am in the same boat. I have always enjoyed Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but the games and immense popularity are becoming stale for me. Sure, the games are great fun, but I feel there are so many games that are so much better that go unnoticed. The way I see it, they can really only bring us more tracks at this point, as the formula is as good as it can be.
Of course, I still do enjoy them, so I want to get Rock Band 2. However, with Guitar Hero, I don't know if I'll be making the purchase. Guitar Hero 3 wasn't as fun as the previous games, something I will blame on Neversoft. I feel that world tour will be the same situation. Harmonix is the team that does it best, so unless World tour gets some rave reviews, count me out.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3  Edited By MachoFantastico
BoG said:
"I deleted the duplicate thread!

Anyways, I am in the same boat. I have always enjoyed Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but the games and immense popularity are becoming stale for me. Sure, the games are great fun, but I feel there are so many games that are so much better that go unnoticed. The way I see it, they can really only bring us more tracks at this point, as the formula is as good as it can be.
Of course, I still do enjoy them, so I want to get Rock Band 2. However, with Guitar Hero, I don't know if I'll be making the purchase. Guitar Hero 3 wasn't as fun as the previous games, something I will blame on Neversoft. I feel that world tour will be the same situation. Harmonix is the team that does it best, so unless World tour gets some rave reviews, count me out."
oops, sorry I didn't realise it doubled posted. I was having problems with it submitting so I guess it probably happened that way. 

I agree with you to a point, but I did enjoy GH3 and always think the Guitar Hero games still offer a more familar classic style of play then Rock Band. Maybe that's nastogia kicking in though. But I am slightly worried how well they do the whole band aspect. Although to be totally honest I think the GH games have the better equipment so it's an hard choice. RB2 still doesn't have a release date yet, only heard November so who knows.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm just getting the game on it's own and I'll use my rock band instruments. I don't see the point in spending more money on more plastic instruments.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I think Guitar Hero has kind of run itself thin. It was a lot of fun at first, but man, the games are too expensive to begin with. GH3 came out and I found myself getting bored with it pretty quickly, and disappointed with how it was kind of poorly put together. It didn't really offer any improvements and was pretty uninspired overall. Now it's taking the Rock Band route, which basically just means more money we'll have to spend. The prices have gotten too steep for me to stick with the series.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Three Tool songs = no question of whether I'm buying World Tour or not.  = D

Plus all of Death Magnetic?  Hell yes!