#1 Posted by gkhan (419 posts) -

I just wanted to say that I think "The Guns of Navarro" is a fantastic new feature. I've been really looking forward to it every time I see it on "Upcoming" for the last few weeks, and I haven't been disappointed. It's the kind of feature I didn't really know I wanted until I read it, but then couldn't get enough of.

I always liked Alex, but I always kinda thought of him as the goofy guy who really liked Nick Cage, but he's a great writer and a really intelligent thinker about the art and business of video games.

That's it, just wanted to say: great job, Giant Bomb.

#2 Edited by Pr1mus (3858 posts) -

Agreed.

And no matter what the subject is, it's always enjoyable to read. Alex is the best writer of the crew. His choice of words and phrasing is always excellent.

#3 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

Indeed it is. But anything with Alex Navarro is.

#4 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Agreed duder.

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Yupp, it's good to have some awesome written content on GiantBomb at least once a week! Alex is doing one heck of a job.

#6 Posted by Morningstar (2149 posts) -

I agree. A couple of these has been a joy to read.

#7 Posted by Kidavenger (3528 posts) -

He's definitely on a roll.

#8 Edited by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Alex Navarro is awesome. I still enjoy rewatching/reading some of his content on Screened to this day... =( He definitely shines when it comes to his written work, though, for sure.

#9 Posted by PrioritySeven (322 posts) -

I'm loving his column and the "Worth Reading" feature. GiantBomb has really stepped their game up.

#10 Edited by gkhan (419 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Agreed.

And no matter what the subject is, it's always enjoyable to read. Alex is the best writer of the crew. His choice of words and phrasing is always excellent.

I really love Patrick's longer form written pieces (and Worth Reading) too, but in terms of opinion and analysis, Alex has gotten him beat. Those two are definitely the best writers on staff.

#11 Posted by Miketakon (513 posts) -

I look forward to it every week.

#12 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

@winternet: FINALLY. I'm not the only one that didn't hate ALex in the past it seems.

#13 Posted by buffaloseven (73 posts) -

I've been really enjoying them. Alex is a great guy and it's nice to see some of his views represented on the site more regularly.

#14 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Alex has always been an extremely articulate motherfucker, all of his Screened reviews and even his Screencast soliloquies/rants were something to look forward to.

#15 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

It should be a video

#16 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

I've never been a tremendous fan of Alex, but he's winning me over with this feature. He comes off a lot more reasonable and less cynical than his past work at Giant Bomb has led me to believe he is.

#17 Posted by PresidentOfJellybeans (302 posts) -

I've never been a tremendous fan of Alex, but he's winning me over with this feature. He comes off a lot more reasonable and less cynical than his past work at Giant Bomb has led me to believe he is.

This.

#18 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

Agreed, it's been one of the better GB features this year.

#19 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

yes

#20 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Alex is a goddamn wordsmith. I actually get a touch disappointed whenever I load up a new review page and find myself greeted by the name of another staff member. I'm glad he now has a regular platform through which we can enjoy his writing.

#21 Posted by seamus85 (116 posts) -

@jz: god i would love a weekly video of alex

#22 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Well done. I love honesty in these articles.

#23 Posted by indieslaw (340 posts) -

I like the new crop of features that have come up since the new year in general. Unprofessional Fridays is fun, kind of a throwback to the Happy Hour. Anyway, The Guns of Navarro is nice because, honestly, it reminds me that Alex is part of the site. Plus, good writing, yadda yadda.

#24 Posted by gkhan (419 posts) -

Exactly right.

#25 Posted by ajamafalous (11943 posts) -

I agree as well. I think it's exactly the kind of thing I think of Rorie doing if he were ever to get a job here.

#26 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

I agree. The best content on the site this year. Keep up the good work Alex.

#27 Posted by TheHT (11102 posts) -

Yep. It's great to see Giant Bomb getting a steady flow of fantastic written pieces thanks to Alex and Patrick.

#28 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

@gkhan: Anyone who doesn't like Nick Cage should go watch Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans; like immediately.

#29 Edited by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Not as good as his preview work on Dogs Life

#30 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

I like it, too; though, I keep thinking they're articles about guns or gun violence in games.

#31 Edited by Mirado (993 posts) -

I've been saying Alex is a great writer since the Gamespot days and I will continue to do so. Duder knows how put words together, humorously or otherwise.

#32 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2216 posts) -

It's the only weekly article piece I actually look forward to reading each week, Alex is so insightful and always talks about the topics I'm interested in.

#33 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

i totally agree. alex is killing it on these articles.