#1 Posted by Jackcc (51 posts) -

Hey duders im buying this second hand gaming PC tomorrow for £400 and was just wondering if im getting ripped off or not? i know my fair share but not enough to know about this stuff! the advert is as follows; Hi im selling my HIGH SPEC pc that i have built myself from scratch it has a M4A77TD Pro motherboard which supports crossfire an AMD phenom dual core processor BUT PLEASE NOTE I HAVE UNLOCKED THIS PROCESSOR TO QUAD CORE PHENOM B40 WHICH RUNS PERFECTLY at 3.60ghz OVERCLOCKED I HAVE RAN BENCHMARKS FOR over 48 HOURS WITHOUT A SINGLE PROBLEM SO you can say the processor is a quad core phenom b40 it has 4gb ram 320 gb hard drive plus a 80 gb hard drive has a ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE gtx 570 Directu ii Version i have easillyy overclocked this to run faster then a gtx 580 910 on core 2200 on memory hours and hours of battlefield 3 Thats the advert Thing is he seems very keen that hes overclocked and benchmarked and stuff i just dont know what it all means i just want to know if its true that this machine can run BF3 on ultra and is it worth £400? thanks for the help!

#2 Posted by Jackcc (51 posts) -

sorry for the wall of text by the way im on my iPhone!

#3 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

Where the periods at?

#4 Posted by Jackcc (51 posts) -

when i wrote it, it was in paragraphs, then.... it wasnt ha

#5 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

So.. where are the periods?

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@MasturbatingestBear said:

So.. where are the periods?

This man has an idea of how the world works. 

Anyway 
  • M4A77TD Pro motherboard 
  • AMD phenom dual core processor BUT PLEASE NOTE I HAVE UNLOCKED THIS PROCESSOR TO QUAD CORE PHENOM B40 WHICH RUNS PERFECTLY at 3.60ghz 
  • 4gb ram 320 gb hard drive plus a 80 gb hard drive 
  • ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE gtx 570 Directu ii Version i have easillyy overclocked this to run faster then a gtx 580 910 on core 2200 on memory

I'm not familiar with that MOBO, and is that AMD Phenom dual or quad core? That video card is great, the ram is a little low on size but it's very cheap to add 4 more gigs, and his hard drive is probably tired and needs a change. 
For 400 pounds which is a little over 2000 shekels for me, this is a pretty good deal, but you gotta inspect the PC and test the memory and the rest of the parts, make sure he didn't overclock them to death.
#7 Posted by Jackcc (51 posts) -

sorry how do i test it? any quick ways todo it while its set up at his house?

#8 Posted by h0lgr (909 posts) -
@Jackcc said:
  Directu ii
Is he even looking at what he's writing?
#9 Posted by Jackcc (51 posts) -

Thats the guys advert just pasted :/

#10 Posted by Kidavenger (3570 posts) -

I wouldn't touch it, the only thing of any value is the video card and it's probably been run hard.

#11 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

@Jackcc said:

Thats the guys advert just pasted :/

Link us to this guy. If he can't use periods then I wouldn't trust him.