Guys, it's GDC, not E3, Don't Expect Anything Big!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Not really.  It's popular to throw that around, but are we confused or what?  Little Big Planet was announced at GDC.  Gears of War 2.  Ninja Gaiden 2  first real stuff.  And there was quite some more.

I think lots of people are fooling themselves, in the past, yes, GDC was small, but it has grown to be as much of a place to announce games as E3 has been.   I'll go out and say that I can guarantee you at least one big, perhaps even huge, announcement to come out of GDC09.
I guess we should wait until the end of the week to really see, but I do have a large feeling.

Edit:  Didn't we already hear about Max Payne 3 and another Ubisoft RTS?  Do you not really think that MS,Ninty, nor Sony will announce anything? And then we've got some new info for stuff like Red Faction3  and the recently announced NG: Sigma 2

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By RedSox8933

Nobody said anything bad about GDC Smug...

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Max Payne 3 was announced already, but it wasn't announced at GDC, so... >_<

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

There will be some stuff announced but nothing like "OMG IT'S HALOOOOOOOOOOOO3" or anything of that stature.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

I haven't seen anyone say that about GDC, and I expect a few announcements, especially from the WIi camp. I'm also hoping for another Platinum Games project since Bayonetta is probably wrapping up and Madworld is done.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
AgentJ said:
"I haven't seen anyone say that about GDC, and I expect a few announcements, especially from the WIi camp. I'm also hoping for another Platinum Games project since Bayonetta is probably wrapping up and Madworld is done."
I've personally learned to not expect anything from Nintendo, maybe their 3rd parties themselves, but not Nintendo.
They've pretty much learned that they don't have to make something good for it to sell. 
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
JJOR64 said:
"There will be some stuff announced but nothing like "OMG IT'S HALOOOOOOOOOOOO3" or anything of that stature."
or will there? bungie said they would be at GDC :O
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ

SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
"I haven't seen anyone say that about GDC, and I expect a few announcements, especially from the WIi camp. I'm also hoping for another Platinum Games project since Bayonetta is probably wrapping up and Madworld is done."
I've personally learned to not expect anything from Nintendo, maybe their 3rd parties themselves, but not Nintendo.They've pretty much learned that they don't have to make something good for it to sell.  "

Whats that supposed to mean? They just gave us Brawl, Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and Twilight Princess, and Sin and Punishment is on the way! This is exactly why i'm expecting something at GDC, since their future lineup is looking a little weak. They haven't made a bad game for the Wii yet! (I know you are refering to Wii Music, but remember, without a goal or a score its simply a musical tool, same as Electroplankton or Jam Sessions or Korg DS 10.

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
I've personally learned to not expect anything from Nintendo, maybe their 3rd parties themselves, but not Nintendo.They've pretty much learned that they don't have to make something good for it to sell.  "
You're stupid as sin and I hope you die.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Endogene
SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
The DSi will have virtual console!!!! »
DSiWare
Endogene
today
TheGreatGuero»
58 minutes
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By teptom
AgentJ said:
There is that "yet to be revealed" game directed by Shinji Mikami.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
AgentJ said:
"Whats that supposed to mean? They just gave us Brawl, Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and Twilight Princess, and Sin and Punishment is on the way! This is exactly why i'm expecting something at GDC, since their future lineup is looking a little weak."
Well that is the inevitable 1st party lineup, Sin and Punishment isn't 1st party though. 
Maybe i've just been pessimistic, but, well, just look at E308.  If you really think a new game from ninty from those series will be announced, maybe you're a bit too hopeful.  If you think Ninty will announce a new ip that isn't a casual pos, you've just straight up naive.

crunchUK said:
"JJOR64 said:
"There will be some stuff announced but nothing like "OMG IT'S HALOOOOOOOOOOOO3" or anything of that stature."
or will there? bungie said they would be at GDC :O"
They're just there to give some presentations, they're not going to announce anything.  At most there will be a new ODST trailer. 
I think they're doing something on graphics or something like that and then ai as well as another on learning to do it all while making the game (which is more about the dev process).

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
Shini4444 said:
"AgentJ said:
There is that "yet to be revealed" game directed by Shinji Mikami.
"
Is he definately going to reveal it at GDC? If so, than sweet! I'd even be happy if it was a previously revealed game like Fatal Frame 4.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14  Edited By Geno

E3? E3??? This. is. GDC!!!!!!!!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crunchUK
ParrapatehRappa said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
You're stupid as sin and I hope you die."
ironic coming form the guy who said forza sucks
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgentJ
SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
"Whats that supposed to mean? They just gave us Brawl, Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and Twilight Princess, and Sin and Punishment is on the way! This is exactly why i'm expecting something at GDC, since their future lineup is looking a little weak."
Well that is the inevitable 1st party lineup, Sin and Punishment isn't 1st party though. 
Maybe i've just been pessimistic, but, well, just look at E308.  If you really think a new game from ninty from those series will be announced, maybe you're a bit too hopeful.  If you think Ninty will announce a new ip that isn't a casual pos, you've just straight up naive.
Actually, Sin and Punishment is First Party. While the game was created by Treasure, it's published by Nintendo.  And while I dont expect Mario Zelda or Metroid, I do expect maybe an F-Zero or Starfox or Kirby or Donkey Kong or Icarus, or something new like they did with Excitebots. Call me naive, but i suppose we'll see when GDC is done.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
crunchUK said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
ironic coming form the guy who said forza sucks"
Forza 2 does suck....because it's a racing sim....ew....
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentJ
SmugDarkLoser said:
"crunchUK said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
Forza 2 does suck....because it's a racing sim....ew...."
Forza sucks because its a racing sim? Thats like saying Halo sucks because its an FPS, or Chrono Trigger sucks because its a JRPG, or Super Metroid sucks because its a platformer. Really, you could at least put some effort into your idiocy.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgentJ
SmugDarkLoser said:
"crunchUK said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
Forza sucks because its a racing sim? Thats like saying Halo sucks because its an FPS, or Chrono Trigger sucks because its a JRPG, or Super Metroid sucks because its a platformer. Really, you could at least put some effort into your idiocy.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
AgentJ said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"crunchUK said:
"ParrapatehRappa said: ironic coming form the guy who said forza sucks"
"
...to me?
LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

there will be an anouncement for a handheld masturbation device, powered by "Green" technology. look out for that coming 2010.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AgentJ
SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"crunchUK said:
"ParrapatehRappa said: ironic coming form the guy who said forza sucks"
"
...to me?"
yes, to you...
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"there will be an anouncement for a handheld masturbation device, powered by "Green" technology. look out for that coming 2010. "
Ah man, i can't wait. Wait, doesn't the Southpaw work just as well for such things? And you dont even need to hold it in your hand because it IS your hand!
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By get2sammyb

Well... OXM have teased to watch carefully "today" and Geoff Keighley twittered: "Interesting to see Variety expecting no Gears of War-2 level announcements at GDC. They are wrong. Stay tuned."

So there you go. There's also been a rumour that Sony are going to drop Firmware 2.7 "today" aswell.

EDIT: In fact there have been some "reports" that 2.7 actually appeared for a few minutes this morning but was promptly taken down. Waiting to hear confirmation on that, mind.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By JJOR64

I guess we will find out all the info from the GDC BombCasts.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheGremp

Robert Pelloni of Bob's Game is going to be there. 'nuff said.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pie

I thought youd buugered off you smug ass.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
get2sammyb said:
"Well... OXM have teased to watch carefully "today" and Geoff Keighley twittered: "Interesting to see Variety expecting no Gears of War-2 level announcements at GDC. They are wrong. Stay tuned."

So there you go. There's also been a rumour that Sony are going to drop Firmware 2.7 "today" aswell.

EDIT: In fact there have been some "reports" that 2.7 actually appeared for a few minutes this morning but was promptly taken down. Waiting to hear confirmation on that, mind.
"
Well obviously OXM was incorrect, probably more so hinting at the discussions, but Geoff Keighly is one likely to get info a little bit before everyone else as of his position in the industry.    Whether he knows it already or that there is something big, I dunno, but he probably  does hold some knowledge.

I',m saying today's tomorrow will have something special.  That and whenever MS's actual keynote happens. 
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ

Looks like OXM is right, because some Gears of War 2 stuff leaked earlier today. 

I sure hope Microsoft shows off something Alan Wake. How long has it been now?
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Red

Smug's late to the party yet again.

Or is he just super early?
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By RHCPfan24
Red said:
"Smug's late to the party yet again.
Or is he just super early?
"
Smug is never "on-time," if that is what you mean. Too bad...he doesn't even realize he isn't supposed to be here right now.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By toowalrus

Smug! You can't make a "I'm going away" thread and get us all worked up, then stick around! Don't mess with our emotions like that! Would you fake cancer!?! /cry

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'll only be disappointed if Prototype isn't displayed.

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
crunchUK said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"AgentJ said:
Seems like someone took my disliking of Forza to heart.

Fucking crybaby. =( Sorry you're such a pansy.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AgentJ

Hrm, nothing big at GDC? Not only did Nintendo ACTUALLY fix the storage problem, they also announced a new Zelda. About what I expected, though not quite what I hoped for.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb
AgentJ said:
"Hrm, nothing big at GDC? Not only did Nintendo ACTUALLY fix the storage problem, they also announced a new Zelda. About what I expected, though not quite what I hoped for."

You think announcing a new Zelda makes GDC big? Only Princess Debut 2 could make this thing upstage E3.