#1  Edited By jamin
Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

PT is still the scariest thing I've ever played (I'm not much of a horror guy). I'll sell you my PS4 & PSN account with it on it.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am thinking of playing through Dead Space this October. I have not played it in years so I think it would be fun to revisit. I usually replay Alan Wake every October.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

You consider the end of October to be just around the corner??

Maybe, just maybe, I'll finish Alien: Isolation.

BTW, if you want a game that not-quite-PT, then check out Layers of Fear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@beachthunder: I think some people consider the whole month of October to be part of Halloween, or at least like to watch or play horror themed stuff leading up to the 31st.

I'm thinking about playing something for the PS2. Kuon is a game I know very little about and I generally like Japanese horror. Also might try Gregory Horror Show, always wanted to know what exactly that game is.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel like there might be other genres other then horror that could fit with the Halloween theme such as sci-fi and fantasy. Mainly because it looks fun to dress up or cosplay as one of the characters in the game. That being said here's my list for Halloween.

Grim Fandago

Walking Dead

Wolf Among Us

Sherlock Holmes Crime and Punishment

Borderlands

Mass Effect

Gears of War

Batman Arkham Knight

Beyond Two Souls

Hitman ( Your running around looking for disguises )

Alan Wake

Warhammer Vermintide

Saints Row Gat out of Hell

Call of Duty Zombies

Killing Floor

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I need to finish Soma really bad but by now I'm sure Ill have to start the whole game over again. However, I believe I got Costume Quest 2 free on a games for gold deal so I cannot wait to play that game! The first game was just such a delight.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a bit biased but the original Dead Space will always be a favorite. DS 2 is great too.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any new horror games out this year that are worth checking out? I also enjoy playing some horror games around October but I haven't seen much come out this year besides remasters of older games (i.e. RE 4/5/6/0) or updates to existing games such as the Dying Light expansion. I still have Stasis and Fatal Frame WiiU to get through from last year at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Condemn Criminal origins

F.E.A.R.

Resident Evil 4

Silent hill games my favorite is shattered memories

Dead Space 1 and 2

Manhunt

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costume Quest is my annual gaming tradition for Halloween. This year I'm also planning to replay Alan Wake and Dead Space 2. It's the best time to be playing videogames!

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

inFamous: Festival of Blood is still one of my favorite downloadable games, though I'm admittedly a huge sucker for the inFamous games

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This reminds me that I really should play SOMA. I bought it last year and didn't play it longer than 30 minutes. Last year I went to a party of sorts where people played P.T., which was pretty fun. I don't know what I'll be doing or playing this year. The Dark Souls 3 DLC is coming out around then, so I might be playing that. Darkest Dungeon is also out on PS4/Vita in a couple of weeks and it strikes me as a good Halloween game.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

It's on Steam, but I've heard it does not play nicely with Windows 10.
It's on Steam, but I've heard it does not play nicely with Windows 10.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shindig
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I'm debating on making Amnesia my horror game in October this year. I skipped one last year because I was only playing MGSV so maybe I should play 2...

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got SOMA out of the Humble Monthly... maybe Ill dig into that.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been already playing RE4 since the remaster came out and I will probably be continuing to play it through the rest of October. Although, I do need to play through Condemned still so that will probably be my secondary game during October as well as replaying Alan Wake. I feel any souls game kinda has a Halloween vibe to it, but obviously Bloodborne fits into that category the best. I'm just burnt out on it at the moment.

Want to check out Layers of Fear too.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'll play Soma as I never managed to finish it when it came out. I also need to finish Blood and Wine. Besides that I never played Majoras Mask and that seems like the halloweeniest Zelda game so I'll give it a go.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Humanity

@n00bs7ay3r said:

I am thinking of playing through Dead Space this October. I have not played it in years so I think it would be fun to revisit. I usually replay Alan Wake every October.

I really should replay Dead Space! I always talk about how much I love that game but only ever played it that one time (I'm not one of those people that can replay games multiple times)

For anyone looking for a Dead Space/Resident Evil 4 type of throwback horror title you can grab Cold Fear on Steam for pretty cheap. At the time it had really impressive water tech.

EDIT: Check this Hollywood-ass trailer

Loading Video...

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I never played Dead Space.

I should probably play Dead Space.

This thread inspired me to buy Dead Space 1 and 2 on Steam yesterday.

I'll play some Dead Space when I have the time.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replaying Until Dawn for sure, unsure on anything else.

BungPiece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just stared the dead rising 1 pc release might keep going with that series for some fun non horror halloween gaming. Need to see if its possible to get alien isolation working in vr still for some brown trouser gaming.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like RE4, you have no excuse to not play Dead Space 1 and 2.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I played a bunch of older horror games in 2014 for October, mostly PS2 era stuff I hadn't seen before like Rule of Rose and Haunting Ground. It was a lot of fun, if a bit frustrating at times due to old game design and the general jank that seems to hang around the genre.

There's still a good number of PS2 horror games I haven't played though, so maybe I'll go back to that idea: The Suffering, Echo Night: Beyond, Kuon, The Thing, Extermination, etc.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jec03: shattered memories is so good!!!!

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan to try F.E.A.R. and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines finally.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I'm excited to play through Until Dawn again.

HardcoreCasual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably pick up Inside and finally play through Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs that someone gifted me.

mgalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been itching to replay the Resident Evil Remake, so I figured what better time than October to revisit it? I've also been recommended Dead Space by my brother since I played RE4 last year, and I've also been thinking about giving Fatal Frame 2 a shot since I have a digital version on PS3, so I'd like to get around to those too.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

How is Fatal Frame 2 not on any list talking about Halloween?

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be using this October as an excuse to pick up Pathalogic HD and finally play through that game. Maybe try and finish the newest Fatal Frame too. I got about half way through that game and then got distracted by a new release at the time and never picked it up again.

I always see a lot of people mention/recommend the Amnesia games at this time of year, but I would urge people to also consider it's predecessor, the Penumbra series. Very good and in a setting that I personally preferred over Amnesia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for snappcastermage
Snappcastermage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am super excited for October and Halloween and am def. going to play:
Doom (playing this one right now)
the whole bioshock collection (I'm so amped to replay these)
Vampire the Masquerade: bloodlines
and maybe some system shock 2

sidebar: what do other duders think of VtMB? Did you like it? Would you want more of it? I'm only a little bit into the game and really like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone recommend me a good story and atmosphere focused game that isn't too focused on survival horror gameplay? I'm looking for something to unwind to, whilst still getting in the Halloween spirit.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sidebar: what do other duders think of VtMB? Did you like it? Would you want more of it? I'm only a little bit into the game and really like it.

I love it. It was the first rpg that held my interest long enough to finish it. It's a fucking master class in mood and atmosphere. It has an interesting and very colorful cast of characters. A lot of the sidequests are of a remarkable breadth and depth, some of them spanning half of the game or more. It's broken and unfinished in a lot of ways, but I feel like that's the kind of sacrifice that was necessary to allow games as ambitious as this to be created, especially considering that you only got these kind of games from teams that weren't big enough to be called AAA but that still tried reaching for the stars. It's a dirty, dark, emotional and funny game. It's a great game, one of the best.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ballsleon: Also have some Don't Starve Together (with the lady friend), RE4 for the first time, and banging my head against the wall that is Bloodborne.

Got ahead start on October with the Dead Rising remaster. This game is goofy, and I understand why I never got that far on 360. Mini-chainsaws are a lifesaver.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always try to pick at least one game that fits Halloween and try to beat it during October. So far I've done Costume Quest and Dead Space. This year I'm thinking of playing through one of the Resident Evil games. Leaning towards 2 or 4 right now.

I also have both Amnesia games, Alan Wake, and the F.E.A.R games in my steam library to consider.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I will probably speedrun one of the Resident Evil games, though I guess that's something I do every year.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#44  Edited By Svenzon

Right now I have two Halloween games: Alien Isolation and Until Dawn. I've played a little bit of Alien, haven't touched Until Dawn at all. On November 5th I'm going to see Alien and Aliens back-to-back in a theatre, so playing through Isolation feels very appropriate.