• 105 results
#51 Posted by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

either X-Com (aliens are scary riiiiiight?) or borderlands (uhm... finding loot is scary riiiiight??)

#52 Edited by Christoffer (1823 posts) -

I have both Amnesia and Dead Space sitting on my hard drive right now. But I got helluv strange dreams playing Amnesia (not even joking) and I like a good nights sleep. I might restart Dead Space on a simpler difficulty than the one I'm on now, we'll see. Other than that I'm playing XCOM and Assassin's Creed 2 (of all games) and enjoying the shit out of it.

All PC off course... smug smug smug.

#53 Posted by Atlas (2447 posts) -

I dunno, maybe more XCOM or I'll start Dishonored? Or that new Crusader Kings II DLC that just came out.

I don't care about Halloween.

#54 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

Possibly Fatal Frame with my fiance (we don't go out on week nights since we both work for a living and I go to school a few nights a week), though I could be playing NFS:MW because fuck yeah.

#55 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

In order of priority:

1. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare -- I've literally only ever played this game on Halloween. A couple hours each one. Hopefully I can finish it this year!
  2. Costume Quest -- Owned it for a while and have never honestly started it. Seems like the perfect time.
  3. Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- Again, seems like a good time to crack that one open, figuratively speaking.
  4. Dead Spaces 1 and 2 -- They're creepy, but at the bottom of my list. I'll get to them if I finish or get bored of everything else.
#56 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1854 posts) -

Probably Fatal Frame 2 again. Still creeps me right the fuck out.

#57 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

@JJWeatherman: At least you've got your priorities straight. To be honest, I misread the first on the list as plain ol' red dead redemption and got really confused as to why you'd only play that at Halloween.

#58 Posted by L1GHTN1N (457 posts) -

Planning to replay Doom 1 since I got the BFG Edition. Will also play the Sleeping Dogs DLC if that's out by Halloween.

#59 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I'll read a lot of H.P. Lovecraft aaaand, that's it. I'm only with my 360 now, and i don't know many horror games for the 360.

#60 Posted by Dick_Mohawk (378 posts) -

Well if scoops has nothing streaming to mark Halloween then I might do some undead nightmare on RDR.

#61 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

@MB said:

I could never justify sitting at home on Halloween night, or on the Saturday right before it. Way too much going on out in the world to be playing video games.

^Definitely right.

Until you hit ~40 or so (maybe I'll move that when I get older) this is pretty much the day to dress like an idiot at parties. One of the best parts is how dry ice in the drink cooler is thematically correct.

#62 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

After RE 6 I might dress up like a "sexy" crimson head and play Code Veronica.

#63 Posted by Demoskinos (14839 posts) -
@RenMcKormack Like the crimson heads from RE-make? Man those things terrified me!
#64 Posted by MjHealy (1852 posts) -

In the most ideal situation, I will be horribly shit-faced. Otherwise, it's eff your video games and it's a Treehouse of Horror marathon instead.

#65 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#66 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

27th party

31st concert

so no games for me! otherwise I'd probably play Amensia, Eternal Darkness or FEAR 3 (prob 1 of the 1st two...)

#67 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Nightmare at North Point if I can get it in time!

#68 Posted by kerse (2114 posts) -

If I don't go anywhere, probably amnesia, maybe dead space even though I've already played it.

#69 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

I'm on front door duty for the night so probably Costume Quest. It's light and fun and I have already beaten it so I don't really need to concentrate much. Soon as the kids are done coming round for the night, its Tomahawk killin' time.

#70 Posted by Roger778 (957 posts) -

I'm getting Assassins Creed 3 on the 30th, so I might play that, but my tradition on Halloween is to see a good scary movie.

#71 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

I'm playing drink a load of alcohol and try to bang a slutty girl from my buddies Halloween party.

#72 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (617 posts) -

I'll probably just be getting even more Dark Souls in for Ha-

Hold on, Zone of the Enders HD is listed as the 30th of this month? Never mind, ZONE OF THE ENDERS.

#73 Posted by shinboy630 (1140 posts) -

Costume Quest

#74 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Hopefully I'll have WWE '13 by then

#75 Posted by kagato (920 posts) -

Ive got the full week off for Halloween so im hoping to be out at a party run by the guys who do Glasgow Comicon, failing that i do have Amnesia and Walking Dead episode 4 to play through.

#76 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

I'll be playing the game of trying to get laid. And after I inevitably lose, I'll be playing the game of sobbing masturbation. I'm so very lonely.

I'm sensing a trend amongst several of my most recent posts.

#77 Edited by MagusMaleficus (1036 posts) -

I don't see the point anymore in willfully killing my liver while also mentally handicapping myself so I tend to avoid parties designed for the sole purpose of getting shit-faced. If you do, hey, enjoy. I'll probably do what I did last year: have a small party at my place on trick or treat night, sans alcohol. Maybe we'll take turns handing out candy to kids. Might even get a costume for the occasion. On Halloween night, I'll probably just watch a few horror films and go to bed.

EDIT: I'm really not shitting on anybody that enjoys a cold brew now and then, or party-goers for that matter. I actually still drink beer at dinner from time to time. I just don't drink to get drunk anymore. As for games, I played Silent Hill: Downpour about a week ago and came away extremely disappointed. I'm going through Dead Space 2 right now and enjoying my time. Before the month is through I would like to finally play through the story mode of Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. I got it on sale a few months ago, played a little of the free roaming mode, and then didn't touch it again.

#78 Posted by Demoskinos (14839 posts) -

@MagusMaleficus: Word. I've never understood that either.

#79 Edited by Jeust (10654 posts) -

I'll probably play either Siren: Blood Curse, or Resident Evil 5's Lost in Nightmares.

#80 Posted by Demoskinos (14839 posts) -

@Jeust said:

I'll probably play either Siren: Blood Curse, or Resident Evil 5's Lost in Nightmares.

Oh shit. That reminds me I have all the RE5 DLC on PS3 and never did play that. Hmm...

#81 Posted by Jeust (10654 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Jeust said:

Oh shit. That reminds me I have all the RE5 DLC on PS3 and never did play that. Hmm...

Me too, still it sucks that in Lost in Nightmares you can't save your progress.

#82 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

Man I don't know, last year I played Infamous: Festival of Blood and the year before that Undead Nightmare. Havn't found any fun halloween game for this year yet.

#83 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

If I dont work, or have something to get into... seems like a good excuse to play The Walking Dead game, and watch whatever comes on the movie channels.

#84 Edited by hangedtoaster (156 posts) -

Doesn't A Machine for Pig's come out soonish? Or am I horribly mistaken?

EDIT: Yeah I am horribly mistaken.

#85 Posted by VarkhanMB (159 posts) -

I don't have friends so I probably will end up playing Slender alone and crying myself to sleep.

Anybody thinking about live-streaming some horror game footage in here?

#86 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

My favorite first-person-shooter from 2004(!). The remake of it, that is. Painkiller: Hell & Damnation for PC.

#87 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Ac3

#88 Posted by JadeGL (871 posts) -

I may try Amnesia: Justine. I completed Amnesia but I haven't gone back in and tried the DLC.

For more funsies and not pure scares I may play something like Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

#89 Posted by ConfusedOwl (942 posts) -

Probably play some Dead Space 1. Never beat it so now is a good time to do so.

#90 Edited by TwoLines (2811 posts) -

A lil' bit of Ghouls N' Ghosts, a bunch of Costume Quest and I'm gonna take a look at Clock Tower on the PS1.

#91 Posted by Solh0und (1775 posts) -

I might try to find a copy of Alone in the Dark: The new Nightmare for PC.

#92 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

Good ol RE4 :]

#93 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Maybe Penumbra, grabbed the collection during the steam summer sale and still haven't played much of it.

I like it better than amnesia, more variety and just as scary, if not more.

#94 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Considering it comes out the day before? ACIII. Maybe some Borderlands 2, if I feel like it.

#95 Posted by Genkkaku (735 posts) -

There's a copy of Sanitarium on GOG that i've been eye-balling for a week or so now, I hear great things about the horror/ atmosphere aspect of it.. or I'd like to find a copy of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, but I really want to play that anyways..

#96 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

Probably nothing unfortunately.

#97 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

I'll be playing the same thing I've been playing for the past 4 years. It's the "make pizza for everyone in town because they're out getting drunk and don't want to cook" game.

#98 Posted by aaverager (14 posts) -

I think I'll try to finish Amnesia or Alan Wake, seeing as they've been on my hard drive for what feels like forever.

#99 Posted by cannonballBAM (602 posts) -

@aaverager said:

I think I'll try to finish Amnesia or Alan Wake, seeing as they've been on my hard drive for what feels like forever.

Alan Wake. Great choice.

#100 Posted by Witzig (327 posts) -

If the party I was invited to requires me to wear a costume then I'm going to hunker down and play my newly purchased game from steam (Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate edition.)