Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By RHCPfan24
@AndrewGaspar said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"Honestly now, look at Uncharted 2.  That'll be a 8 hour campaign with a multiplayer you get bored of in a week."
What? Uncharted 2's multiplayer rocks! I've been having a blast with the beta, which is weird because I don't normally get into multiplayer games. "
Same here. I don't know why you bring in Uncharted 2 because it is a lot of fun. I spent awhile on the beta yesterday and immediately got hooked, and this is coming from a person who doesn't spend hours on end on mulitplayer games. You need to look up or play the goddamn thing first before you bash it, Smug.

And, I also agree with this:

@Fr0Br0 said:
" Stop tricking me with your thread titles. "

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By The_A_Drain
@crunchUK:

Or how not awesome, and how much I want to stay the fuck away. You're welcome to enjoy it like I said, but it's a cheap lazy way of getting content out and I will be enjoying another game entirely, possibly even Fallout 3's DLC.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@RHCPfan24 said:
"
@AndrewGaspar said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"Honestly now, look at Uncharted 2.  That'll be a 8 hour campaign with a multiplayer you get bored of in a week."
What? Uncharted 2's multiplayer rocks! I've been having a blast with the beta, which is weird because I don't normally get into multiplayer games. "
Same here. I don't know why you bring in Uncharted 2 because it is a lot of fun. I spent awhile on the beta yesterday and immediately got hooked, and this is coming from a person who doesn't spend hours on end on mulitplayer games. You need to look up or play the goddamn thing first before you bash it, Smug.

And, I also agree with this:

@Fr0Br0 said:
" Stop tricking me with your thread titles. "
"

So would that really be a sign that it is going to be addictive?  lulz.  Not a good arguement.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RHCPfan24
@SmugDarkLoser: Listen, I am not the guy who is going to spend weeks on COD4 getting countless Prestiges or playing Halo 3 for months on end. But, I do like games like Left 4 Dead (pretty much any Valve game) and Battlefield. Considering both of those games are focused on multiplayer and I enjoyed them a lot, it shows that I like some MP games a lot and am willing to pay full price for them. Now, I have loved Uncharted 2 a lot so far, and I am planning on getting the game and playing the multiplayer on the final version. Will I play it for months and months? No, but I will enjoy it for a good amount of time until I have had my fill.

Also, the two examples here (me and AndrewGaspar) are people who don't usually play a lot of MP but I am sure there are many who are loving Uncharted 2 who also are MP-oriented. No matter what, all I am saying is that Uncharted 2 is a fun, sweet game. And, like I said before, don't bash it if you haven't played it yet.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By crunchUK
@RHCPfan24 said:
" @SmugDarkLoser: Listen, I am not the guy who is going to spend weeks on COD4 getting countless Prestiges or playing Halo 3 for months on end. But, I do like games like Left 4 Dead (pretty much any Valve game) and Battlefield. Considering both of those games are focused on multiplayer and I enjoyed them a lot, it shows that I like some MP games a lot and am willing to pay full price for them. Now, I have loved Uncharted 2 a lot so far, and I am planning on getting the game and playing the multiplayer on the final version. Will I play it for months and months? No, but I will enjoy it for a good amount of time until I have had my fill.Also, the two examples here (me and AndrewGaspar) are people who don't usually play a lot of MP but I am sure there are many who are loving Uncharted 2 who also are MP-oriented. No matter what, all I am saying is that Uncharted 2 is a fun, sweet game. And, like I said before, don't bash it if you haven't played it yet. "
question sir:

Why have you assembled some sort of uncharted 2 defense force?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@RHCPfan24 said:
"@SmugDarkLoser: Listen, I am not the guy who is going to spend weeks on COD4 getting countless Prestiges or playing Halo 3 for months on end. But, I do like games like Left 4 Dead (pretty much any Valve game) and Battlefield. Considering both of those games are focused on multiplayer and I enjoyed them a lot, it shows that I like some MP games a lot and am willing to pay full price for them. Now, I have loved Uncharted 2 a lot so far, and I am planning on getting the game and playing the multiplayer on the final version. Will I play it for months and months? No, but I will enjoy it for a good amount of time until I have had my fill.Also, the two examples here (me and AndrewGaspar) are people who don't usually play a lot of MP but I am sure there are many who are loving Uncharted 2 who also are MP-oriented. No matter what, all I am saying is that Uncharted 2 is a fun, sweet game. And, like I said before, don't bash it if you haven't played it yet."
I think that's what I'm saying.
First off, Uncharted 2's lore is it's single player.  I'm not debating the quality of the game.

However, i think like you said and what it seems to me, is that it's not a multiplayer that you'll be playing for a while.   Remember, we're comparing Uncharted's mp value to Halo's.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RHCPfan24
@crunchUK said:
" question sir:Why have you assembled some sort of uncharted 2 defense force? "
I think the better question is why is Smug bashing a game that he has yet to play?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@RHCPfan24 said:
"
@crunchUK said:
I think the better question is why is Smug bashing a game that he has yet to play? "

I'm not, I'm just saying its multiplayer doesn't seem like something people would play as their mp game.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RHCPfan24
@SmugDarkLoser: Well, you got games like The Darkness that just have putrid, unnecessary multiplayer tacked on for no reason whatsoever (love the game though, by the way). But Uncharted 2 is going to have fun multiplayer that some will play for a long period of time. Me, like pretty much all MP games I play, will play it for awhile and then put it down, coming back now and then for a run. That is just my nature, and many people are different.

Going back to your original question, you say that Uncharted 2 will have multiplayer that you will get bored of in a week. Well, most certainly not. I am thinking that Uncharted 2 will be up to the caliber of, say, Red Faction: Guerilla's or Bad Company. It should be very tightly polished and have a lot of incentive for playing forward (there are perks, leveling up, etc.). I don't want this "argument" to go on forever but all I am saying is: play it before you say it. That is all.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By crunchUK
@RHCPfan24 said:
"
@crunchUK said:
I think the better question is why is Smug bashing a game that he has yet to play? "
no my quesiton was better
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RHCPfan24
@crunchUK said:
"
@RHCPfan24 said:
"
@crunchUK said:
no my quesiton was better "
Aaarrgghh, maybe. Only because you are Crunch though. Don't get too full of yourself ;) Pie is watching.
LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

I think it's a great deal because I traded in halo 3. so i get a new campagian, firefight, and all the halo 3 multiplayer maps so i can play with my friends again. oh yeah and the halo reach beta. i think that is a really good deal!

DryPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DryPenguin

Man this website is rapidly losing its fun for me.  I didn't notice all the mindless hate and bashing before.  I  mean granted, this thread was clearly started to ignite a flame war, so I expected some, but sheesh.

This is just like the Left 4 Dead 2 arguments, the sense of entitlement from gamers is amazing to me sometimes.

I personally like what I have seen from ODST.  The limited amount I have seen and heard makes me want to play it.  I don't get what people have actually seen that they don't like.  Other than just not being for you personally.  I am not a Halo fanboi, I played through 2 and 3 coop with a friend and sold them right after.  Console shooter multiplayer sucks IMO, so I didn't need the game anymore.  They weren't the best experience I have ever had, but certainly fun.

Second, how do you know it isn't worth 60 bucks?  First, we have no clue what the full game is like, so we don't even know if it is a "full" game.  Second, what a "full game" constitutes is so subjective that you can't begin to label that completely.  I think Fallout 3 is a full game since I have like 100 hours or so in it, but that is nothing compared to the 360 + DAYS of time I had on TWO charcaters in WoW.  So is Fallout 3 not a full game because I don't have 720 DAYS of playtime on it?  I also think BoomBlox is a full game, but I have maybe 15 hours in that game.  Does this make it not worth the money I spent?  I certainly don't feel so.

I'm with RHCPfan24: Play it before you say it, on everything discussed in this thread

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Systech

An original campaign, every map pack ever, new multiplayer Horde-esque mode, and dude, Nathan Fillion.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By Gunrock
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" one knows it I at least fully admit to my 360 fanboyishness  "
Admitting you're a fanboy doesn't make it a right thing or something to be proud either.
eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By eclipsesis
@WilliamRLBaker said:
"

My very first reply into the thread is.....
""its totally worth 60 dollars a near full game worth of content? and the entire halo 3 multiplayer component including every dlc released so far as well as the 2nd half of mythic?""
Odd how I'm not defending any thing, I'm simply making a statement but who's the first too reply failing in dismantling my opinion? it could be al3xander could it?! i didn't know this thread was about Wii you have to come to the Wii's rescue?
Your reply being.
""So to you a near-full game is worth as much as a full game? That makes no sense, really. As for having the Halo 3 multiplayer, um, so? Do they really expect this game to sell to people who aren't fans of Halo and therefor don't already have that content or something? :S
(yet Nintendo repackages gamecube titles with Wii control and nothing else and sells them for over half the original price you don't seem to have a problem buying those because hey its Nintendo and they can do no wrong.. As for that quite a few people purchase GOTY type releases of games because they often contain the complete article of DLC released for said product.)

Not that I personally judge games on the perceived amount of content. I don't. There are many different things that decide their perceived value, some objective and some very subjective. It's just a little weird to see someone who does apparently care for the amount of content to admit that he pays full price for a game that isn't quite that, and yet think that's fine... Meh.
(lol you don't judge content? dude your as fanboyish as any one else on this forum and you know it, I know it, every one knows it I at least fully admit to my 360 fanboyishness and don't deny any thing yet you seem to want us to believe you don't judge something as content, and then go ahead in the NEXT line and judge me for considering a nearly full campaign *which is far longer then any thing out for Wii in terms of gameplay or content* with the addition of the entire halo 3 mutliplayer component for people that don't want multiplayer halo 3 single player or want to have a spare disc of halo 3 multiplayer laying around *choice is bad mmmm kay damn them for giving us choice* and then includes every DLC released so far including the 2nd half of mythic map pack...no of course you don't judge content never couldn't possibly.)

Anyway, why are you constantly arguing with yourself, making threads like this? I didn't see any real backlash around here, this thread is the first that came to my attention, about people not wanting to pay $60 for this. If people expressed that somewhere you could have replied there. Not that everyone has to see things the way you do, and value Halo as highly as you do, but whatever, I'm just saying.""
(my thread? um you mean my post? because this isn't my thread and im allowed to post where ever i want? and odd how i never mentioned any thing about backlash I simply made a statement that i find it acceptable that bungie is releaseing a campaign expansion that rivals the original campaign in size and then add in a slew of extras that make it even more worth the 60 dollars and odd i didn't know i valued halo 3 that highly, you seem to like putting words in other peoples mouths why are you even here? do you even own a 360? I had assumed that with your grand protectorate of Wii atttitude you have that you only own nintendo systems? )

And heres my reply
""A nearly full game in terms of stuff to do  as well as the ENTIRE halo 3 component with no need to own halo 3 to play multiplayer, as well as EVERY DLC released so far as well as the 2nd half of the mythic map......yeah thats totally worth 60 dollars, since heres a simple fact there are quite a few games released that aren't worth 60 dollars but are still priced 60 dollars, games on wii, 360 and ps3 that aren't worth the plastic they are recorded on yet still get a 60 dollar charge.P.S: or in the case of wii 50 dollar games that aren't worth a penny. ""
(I guess in your Wii universe nearly as much to do means 20% of the stuff to do the original had, where as in mine it means that 80-90% I fell bad for the Wii universe but thats besides the point, then theres me going onto say that ACROSS all platforms, Ps3, 360, Wii there are games with far less content then Halo 3 ODST and those games aren't worth the plastic they are pressed on ACROSS all platforms, then remembering that Wii has a 50 dollar price point as well I reiterate in the point of the Wii there are Wii games that aren't worth a penny with lil content or gameplay yet still get released and priced at 50-60 dollars and likely sold. as well.)

(DA DA DA DA SUPER WII PROTECTORATE MAN AWAY!! here he comes to save the day againest a preceived slight againest the Wii one that doesn't exist in reality a generalized statemnet that PEICE OF SHIT games with less content then Halo 3 ODST are released across all systems but hey the word Wii only exists in the setence to his eyes.)
And your reply
""Wow, you quote me, respond with useless things already addressed in my post, then add some waaaaaaaay off topic Wii flaming on top. Smart! YOU ARE SO RIGHT, ODST FOR GOTY, I HOPE THEY CHARGE $120 FOR IT TO SHOW ITS TRUE VALUE! The sad thing is, you'd still buy it and talk about how much greater than Uncharted 4, GoW 3 and Trico  2 (Quadico?) combined it is. Lol? And yes, yes, Bungie has proven they can make multiplayer so... They'll include the exact same thing you already own. AWESOME VALUE. Please... """

( yet again the preceived slight againest Wii doesn't exist you have to act though! i must protect my Precious love Wii's honor! A generalized statement that all consoles have shitty games that are released and sold for full price, and we have halo 3 ODST a game with far more content then they and with extras thrown in, but how DARE Microsoft price it at that. And then your own generalized hey he loves xbox that must mean he loves halo 3 which I rarely ever defend for the most part and you can ask on the unofficial chat the complaints i have with the game, but hey that doesn't matter because unlike Nintendo fanboys which are fair and righteous Xbox fanboys are evil and only play one game...HALOOOOOOO)One thing we must remember though is that your the one that attacked first and 2nd, My attack this is the 3rd attack, I came into the thread and I gave my opinion you not liking me having a opinion different then yours called into question my opinion, then called into question me posting here...In a thread about halo 3 odst not being worth the 60 dollar price tag...with me replying with a completely on topic post about how i thought it was...with no attack on any one simply my opinion that it was satisfactory the content received for the price."
WTF did someone ask for a Halo themed lecture.
ODST looks like Halo and as a result is not worth $60, but then again i don't think hardly any game is truely worth $60. unless it comes with a free blow job
gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

couldnt agree more

lucky for me my friends are addicted to Halo so i can borrow it from them

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I can understand why people don't think it's worth $60 if they've already bought all the Halo 3 map packs, because you're paying for stuff you've already bought. But as someone who hasn't bought any of the Halo 3 map packs, I'm ready and willing to pay full price for it.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By crunchUK
@MattyFTM said:
" I can understand why people don't think it's worth $60 if they've already bought all the Halo 3 map packs, because you're paying for stuff you've already bought. But as someone who hasn't bought any of the Halo 3 map packs, I'm ready and willing to pay full price for it. "
Anyone who has bought all the map packs is probably enough of a halo fan to buy it be it $60 or $40...
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The_A_Drain
@eclipsesis said:

"WTF did someone ask for a Halo themed lecture.
ODST looks like Halo and as a result is not worth $60, but then again i don't think hardly any game is truely worth $60. unless it comes with a free blow job
"

Do I need to post the numbers again? Seems like every fucking time some idiot says "oh games aren't worth 60" they have no fucking clue what they are talking about. The amount of money made per disc percentage wise is the same as that of a regular DVD, and in fact, not all that much as all. It costs near $30 just to get the disc to you in the first place, out of the other 30 the developer has to pay for development costs and make a profit. Most games do not profit. Be thankful the RRP isn't higher.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Gunrock said:
"
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" one knows it I at least fully admit to my 360 fanboyishness  "
Admitting you're a fanboy doesn't make it a right thing or something to be proud either. "
then talk to the staff and have them take out the option of being able to change the color of your name based upon console preference, or being able to put your affinity for a system in your profile.
2nd I would rather admit im a fanboy and not hide behind the word of not being a fanboy and then constantly act like one, If i admit to being a fanboy then people know what they are getting into instead of having to deal with someone who claims they aren't one but constantly proves otherwise.

@eclipsesis said:
WTF did someone ask for a Halo themed lecture. ODST looks like Halo and as a result is not worth $60, but then again i don't think hardly any game is truely worth $60. unless it comes with a free blow job "

If you don't like it then don't read it but i was perfectly within my rights, Let alone that this is...OH MY GOD a halo thread so im on topic The only problem that happend was as all ways no matter if the slight againest the wii is preceived or in reality Al3x has to come to the rescue, He started the fight i simply made my opinion and he called into question my opinion and my right to post in this thread and then assumes that becasue i make a generalized statement about shitty low content games being released on every system that i must only mean the Wii.
If shitty low content games are released on every system and still charge 50-60 bucks then a game like halo 3 ODST is perfectly viable for a 60 dollar price tag it has loads of content that justify that.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#72  Edited By Gunrock
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" then talk to the staff and have them take out the option of being able to change the color of your name based upon console preference, or being able to put your affinity for a system in your profile.
2nd I would rather admit im a fanboy and not hide behind the word of not being a fanboy and then constantly act like one, If i admit to being a fanboy then people know what they are getting into instead of having to deal with someone who claims they aren't one but constantly proves otherwise."
Well, when i signed up to this site it said whats your console preference not which of these are you a fanboy, so yeah i see nothing wrong in having preferences its just an opinion but being a fanboy is just annoying.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Wolverine
@RedSox8933 said:
" I don't care if it's 60 bucks, I wasn't going to buy it in the first place. "
Agreed, I really don't see a point of buying it even though I'm a huge Halo fan because I couldn't give to shits about the Halo storyline, I only care about online play.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Azteck

This thread was doomed from the moment it was created.

However, I do intend to pay 60$ for it, I don't see a reason not to as I payed for one map pack and loved the campaign. Besides, Bungie hasn't let me down before!

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By skunk
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"

Are people actually thinking about what they're saying or are they all just riding the past?  Honestly now, look at Uncharted 2.  That'll be a 8 hour campaign with a multiplayer you get bored of in a week.   In reality, Halo:ODST probably has more value in it than that.

"
I was going to respond with a proper response til I read this little gem. Flame on Fanboy!
I like how you know exactly how long Uncharted 2 will be and that the multiplayer WILL get boring in a week, yet Halo will PROBABLY have more value in it.
Actually Smug, I looked it up, Halo ODST has a 4 minute campaign and the multiplayer is terrible, but Final Fantasy 18 will probably sell more cookies.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By dsplayer1010
Stop posting
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#77  Edited By jmrwacko
@SmugDarkLoser: Are you saying that the Halo: ODST campaign is now longer than what they originally announced? Source, please.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@jmrwacko said:
"@SmugDarkLoser: Are you saying that the Halo: ODST campaign is now longer than what they originally announced? Source, please."

bungie.net
lulz.  Read it.  The whole project is bigger.   They announced it when they just started it really and didn't know.