• 87 results
#1 Edited by Zidane_24 (737 posts) -

So, Jeff just said that there will be a Happy Hour on Friday. Does this mean they've re-tooled it to the point where they'll start doing them weekly again? Is this just a one-time thing? Only time will tell.

Personally, I've missed the HH a bit. I'd hate for them to fall back into what they had towards the end of the first run, but for now I'm excited.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

Interesting. Wonder if it'll resemble earlier ones or if it will be special.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (34618 posts) -

Probably a one-time thing, since they wanted to keep it special.

#4 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Yeah. Having it weekly seemed to have strained them.

I'd say once a month seems good or whenever each site seems to have something 'cool' to show off.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (13878 posts) -

They said they would do them on a periodic basis when they actually had segments that they felt were good.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (34618 posts) -

@Dany said:

I'd say whenever each site seems to have something 'cool' to show off.

It'll most likely be this.

#7 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

I hope its as good as Drunk Dave.

#8 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2994 posts) -

I love drinking!

#9 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

#10 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@Dany said:

@Video_Game_King: Yeah. Having it weekly seemed to have strained them.

I'd say once a month seems good or whenever each site seems to have something 'cool' to show off.

I agree! I enjoyed most of the Happy Hours but they were starting to feel forced with a weekly schedule. I'm glad they took a break before it got bad.

#11 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

I completely forgot this was ever even a thing. Wow, good one, brain.

#12 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Never really liked Happy hour, too scatter shot for my tastes.

#13 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

A Happy Hour is fine. I don't want it to turn into a regular thing again, though.

#14 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2049 posts) -

Ah yeah, I can't wait!

#15 Edited by cinemandrew (711 posts) -
#16 Posted by The_Nubster (1951 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

They said they would do them on a periodic basis when they actually had segments that they felt were good.

Periodic means on a schedule.

#17 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (451 posts) -

Huh, I was just thinking they should have another one.

#18 Posted by benpicko (1923 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

The Tested sections were always good!

#19 Posted by Mikemcn (6875 posts) -

@cinemandrew said:

Will's response was great.

No one wants him there, Norm was given the heads up though.

#20 Posted by Bigheart711 (1250 posts) -

A special perhaps? Or maybe they're resuming the series.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Yeah I guess the happy hour is fun.. Cool baby always saved it.

#22 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1543 posts) -

More premium content is always welcome, but I rather have good premium content than forced premium content. Some of the happy hours were pretty good but there were others that were equally as bad. If they churn this out monthly or even bi-monthly as long as the content is good I'm all for it. It's also a pretty good way to get people to check out the sister-sites.

#23 Posted by GolazoDan (114 posts) -

Will. Norm. Lockpicking.

#24 Posted by BlastProcessing (901 posts) -

I never liked Happy Hour, having to deal with Comic Vine on that program is unbearable.

#25 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

Yeah, saw this earlier. My thoughts were this: 

@cstrang said:

A Happy Hour is fine. I don't want it to turn into a regular thing again, though.

#26 Posted by benpicko (1923 posts) -

Hopefully it does become bi-weekly, though. Happy Hour was easily the best thing on here once you forget that Comic Vine exist.

#27 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

It's just to announce platinum memberships.

#28 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Awesome. As one of the seemingly few who didn't bitch just because they didn't find every single site/segment amazing, I couldn't be happier. So many people whining because of comic vine stuff in particular. Just watch the parts you enjoy, and screw off for the rest of the show. they usually kept most of the comicvine/animevice stuff in one solid chunk so you could ignore it if you wanted, and then the more popular Tested/GB segments could intermingle with other stuff.

I love Happy Hour and hope more awesome shenanigans happen this time!

#29 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -

It's probably a one-off to pimp Kingdoms of Amalur.

#30 Posted by Chemin (630 posts) -

Hot damn! I'm looking forward too it. I do like the fact that they don't force it out every week anymore. It's an awesome idea, but only if they have the content to back it up with. I did enjoy them every Friday, but sometimes the content were a bit made-up-on-the-spot, which, granted, led to lunacy - something we all enjoy. But still..

#31 Edited by Hooded (435 posts) -

@Branthog said:

It's probably a one-off to pimp Kingdoms of Amalur.

You are prob right, I think IGN are doing a 2 hour Livestream friday, so maybe Jeff will show the game off also. Hopefully.

Good news, i've missed the Happy Hour, I just hope they keep it interesting, Comic Vine and Screened stuff were never my favourite parts of the show, normally i'll get a drink or some food at that part, but to be fair its not aimed at me.

#32 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4480 posts) -

Yay! I've missed having something to watch every week.

#33 Posted by TobbRobb (4408 posts) -

Welp, I guess I'll watch it. HH had some great goddamn moments. Just gonna have to find something to read during the comictalk.

#34 Posted by LegendaryChopChop (1143 posts) -

Fuck yes! The entire reason I became a member, aside from supporting the team, was for the Happy Hour!

#35 Posted by Swoxx (2980 posts) -

Happy Hour season 2!

Featuring the shocking murder of Cool Baby.

#36 Posted by Sheetsy77 (196 posts) -

I liked them every week.... Yeah, some segments one week was not that great and boring as hell. But I bet a ton of people still watched them and enjoy them a whole lot. I wish they could bring it back, but I'm all for like.... 3 HH/month? That sounds good and gives them space to think up segments.

#37 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

The one thing I did think was great, week to week, was how excited sarah got about her comics. I dont follow cv much but that girl got hyped.

#38 Posted by AlexW00d (6062 posts) -

@benpicko said:

Hopefully it does become bi-weekly, though. Happy Hour was easily the best thing on here once you forget that Comic Vine exist.

You realise bi-weekly means twice a week right? Or do you actually want two of them per week?

#39 Posted by FTomato (233 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@benpicko said:

You realise bi-weekly means twice a week right? Or do you actually want two of them per week?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/biweekly

#40 Posted by AlexW00d (6062 posts) -

@FTomato said:

@AlexW00d said:

@benpicko said:

So the Americans use it in a different sense, jesus christ, stop it.

#41 Posted by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

Awesome. I pretty much stopped following all of the content when Happy Hour got canned.

#42 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

Just leave out Comic Vine and the show will improve dramatically. Listening to people talk about superheros is so boring. I can't believe that shit even still exists.

#43 Posted by MEATBALL (2787 posts) -

I'm hoping it'll be a monthly thing, I used to really enjoy seeing the Whiskey Media family get together. We get better subscriber content now, but since the Happy Hour has been gone I've found my interest in the other Whiskey Media sites has dwindled.

#44 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

I hope its just because its slow. I liked happy hour, but most of it was borring, the best parts where the segments whare will and norm would be tast fighting, or dave was drinking and driving.

#45 Posted by Castiel (2422 posts) -

I actually think with GB's "Random PC Game", "Load our last save" and "TNT", GB already does enough crazy side stuff besides the quicklooks and podcasts etc.

Tested just started the Lego feature: "The Amazing Test: Bricked!" which is the best thing that site has done in a loooooooooooooooooooooooong motherfuckin' ass time.

I can't see the benefit of returning to the Happy Hour now, even though I really enjoyed it to begin with.

GB already produces a wealth of amazing content.

#46 Posted by rawrsair (817 posts) -

It'll be nice to see what's changed now that they've had a break, but with all the different content like random pc game and load your last save, I can't say I've been missing Happy Hours that much

#47 Posted by benpicko (1923 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@FTomato said:

@AlexW00d said:

@benpicko said:

So the Americans use it in a different sense, jesus christ, stop it.

I'm actually English and only said biweekly because somebody else said it above me.

#48 Posted by Nux (2211 posts) -

You know what would make it really special? If they only did it once a week.

But really it will be interesting to see if this Friday marks the return of the happy hour or if its just a once in a blue moon thing or Jeff is just fucking with us.

#49 Posted by The_Reflection (239 posts) -

I'm looking forward to the return of the Happy Hour. The reason I became a premium member was because of the personalities, not the game coverage and such. It's the entertainment derived from the guys being on screen and interacting that gets me to come back every day. Especially with Tested. I love Will and Norm, and their dynamic. But most of the actual tested content just isn't my cup of tea. But then being together is what I love to watch. The screened guys are kinda entertaining every once in a while, but not my favorite. Which is a shame, because out of all the whiskey sites, their content is the one i'm the most interested it. I love movies more than video games.

But I do agree about how terrible Comic Vine is. Don't let them on, or if you have to, no more than 5 minutes total.

#50 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Just leave out Comic Vine and the show will improve dramatically. Listening to people talk about superheros is so boring. I can't believe that shit even still exists.

As opposed to people talking about games and tech?