• 73 results
#1 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1021 posts) -

Post what you believe to be the absolute worst!
 I'm just gonna say right now that completing super meat boy 100% is a high contender.
Stuff like carry the gnome around in half life 2 is hard but its more just time consuming if you see where im coming from. 

Post what you think!

#2 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

seriously 2.0 
gears 2

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

In one of the GRAW games there was one to be number 1 on the leader boards. 

#4 Edited by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Actually first thing I thought of when I saw the title was finishing one of the later chapters without dying once in Meat Boy. 

Oh I looked it up, it's a Steam achievement only. XBox ver is just any old chapter (aka 1). So yeah, "Impossible Boy" finish Dark Cotton Alley without dying once. Top that.

#5 Posted by heatDrive88 (2267 posts) -

Rock Band 2's Iron Bladder Achievement is pretty rough just on the terms that you have to play Rock Band for about 8-9 hours, but it might not be the "hardest ever". 

I'm guessing for ones that are "hardest ever" are the achievements for games that have shut down third party multiplayer servers, or ones that require you to reach #1 on the leaderboards. I know Rockstar Table Tennis has one of these, and it's pretty much impossible to get without severely gaming the shit out of the TrueSkill system.

#6 Posted by RankRabbit (394 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" In one of the GRAW games there was one to be number 1 on the leader boards.  "
Definitely this.
#7 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Gears of War had some cray achievements. 

Early games had some bullshit ones, i beat Quake 4 and only ended up with like 100 points in it. 

#8 Edited by C0V3RT (1350 posts) -

Aside from the ones that are glitched or are for games that have been discontinued their online service and have online achievements - "World Champion" for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter comes to mind. That one requires you to be #1 on their leader board. The "7 Day Survivor" Achievement for Dead Rising seems pretty challenging too...

#9 Posted by heatDrive88 (2267 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" seriously 2.0 gears 2 "
That one is easy, it sucks, but it's easy. Just play the level where you are controlling the Brumak and just maul down the troops on the floor over and over again.
#10 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" In one of the GRAW games there was one to be number 1 on the leader boards.  "
I would consider that more inconvenient than hard.  If you were conveniently the first person to play the game you have gotten it.
#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@heatDrive88 said:
" @kishan6 said:
" seriously 2.0 gears 2 "
That one is easy, it sucks, but it's easy. Just play the level where you are controlling the Brumak and just maul down the troops on the floor over and over again. "
I think the first was worst because it was often bugged for people. 
#12 Posted by Euryb (109 posts) -

being #1 on the Leaderboards for GRAW and 7 Day Survivor in Dead Rising. My xbox and 2 of my friends xbox's red ringed going for the 7 day survivor. I'm just happy I got the 5 day survivor because my friends xbox red ringed right near the end of the 4th day.

#13 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1021 posts) -

Damn. When I finally get round to playing the GOW series I look forward to that >.>

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (35985 posts) -

Wait, there was a gnome in Half Life 2? I think you mean Left 4 Dead 2. However, neither game has the hardest achievement; I'd give that title to any game with these.

#15 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
"Wait, there was a gnome in Half Life 2? I think you mean Left 4 Dead 2. However, neither game has the hardest achievement; I'd give that title to any game with these. "

Nope, in HL 2: Ep 2, there is an achievement for carrying a gnome through the game and sending it out on a rocket near the end
#16 Posted by Lukeweizer (2607 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
This.

There's ways to do it, it just requires a lot of fucking work.
#17 Posted by MattyFTM (14341 posts) -

I'm going to go for Demon Boy, from the Steam version of Super Meat Boy. It requires that you get from the start to the end of the Dark Hell World without dying. 

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

Beating Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood on Very Hard. The first mission is literally impossible to beat.

#19 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

GRAW one. 

i also have to say veteran for call of duty. make fun of me but i just hate veteran. i tried it on 4 i got a couple of them. it pissed me off a lot.

#20 Edited by Yozora (20 posts) -
@Rockanomics said:

""Impossible Boy" finish Dark Cotton Alley without dying once. Top that. "

According to steam's global achievements stats, 0.1% players have achieved that one whereas 0% has achieved "Zombie Boy" which is complete dark world 5 without deaths. So judging from those statistics, I'd assume Zombie Boy is technically the hardest. 
That "0.1%" could well be just 1 guy of course, but that 1 guy has not achieved Zombie Boy yet. 
Personally speaking I literally can't imagine doing any of the no-death achievements past world 2 :)
#21 Posted by DerekDanahy (864 posts) -

For all of the games I have played it would easily have to go to Portal beating all of the challenge rooms to Gold Standard. Really rewarding experience to finally get it though.

#22 Edited by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

probably one of these 

edit: non secret version for those curious here

#23 Edited by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

Aperture Science  
Portal (Orange Box)

/thread
#24 Posted by weegieanawrench (1935 posts) -
@MildMolasses said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
"Wait, there was a gnome in Half Life 2? I think you mean Left 4 Dead 2. However, neither game has the hardest achievement; I'd give that title to any game with these. "
Nope, in HL 2: Ep 2, there is an achievement for carrying a gnome through the game and sending it out on a rocket near the end "
I did that! What a crazy achievement. They've turned me into a masochistic gamer.
#25 Posted by Sarumarine (2168 posts) -

I was going to say something like Seriously 2.0 from Gears of War 2... however. It's not really hard, it's just an insane time sink that requires you to play that game a ton in order to kill a bajillion enemies. Still, it was one of the first things that popped in my head when I saw this topic.

As for hardest achievement... The Kid from Super Meat Boy is pretty crushing because of how murderous that damn warp zone is. I still can't believe I stuck with it long enough to unlock it. I don't know if I should feel good or bad.

For a general feeling, anything related to multiplayer games about leaderboards or pulling off some feat with a group of people. It's one thing to fight a computer, because no matter how hard it gets computer AI is designed to let the player beat it. Playing people is different because they don't want you to win, and won't let you if they can manage it. One thing online gaming has done for my perspective is help me realize that... damn dude, there are crazy good people out there. For real. And I'm supposed to pull off some achievement while I'm going up against them? Screw that.

#26 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" Beating Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood on Very Hard. The first mission is literally impossible to beat. "
Your just not cowboy enough, clearly. 
#27 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" @natetodamax said:
" Beating Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood on Very Hard. The first mission is literally impossible to beat. "
Your just not cowboy enough, clearly.  "
No, I'm just not capable of defending myself against infinite spawning enemies across a river in a spot that I can't even see.
#28 Posted by StarvingGamer (7991 posts) -

Gold Standard in GT5 if we're using the word "Achievement" in the more general, non Xbox exclusive sense.

#29 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" I'm going to go for Demon Boy, from the Steam version of Super Meat Boy. It requires that you get from the start to the end of the Dark Hell World without dying.  "
For someone who hates platformers, nearly all of the SMB achievements are like scaling a cliff with a pair of toothpicks.
#30 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

No Death Mode in VVVVVV

#31 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

Socom's are meant to be insane. Beat Zico in WipEout HD made me depressed, too.

#32 Posted by NickLott (792 posts) -

I have all achievements in Forza 3 but I think a huge pain in the ass was Forza 2 because I was going for owning all the cars in the game and there were some cars that cannot be bought unless your driver is based in it's region of origin. You can change your home region but it cost more and more money every time you do it and I had unknowingly changed regions way before i should have. There was a lot of grinding going on to get all the money for that. 

#33 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

" Wait, there was a gnome in Half Life 2? I think you mean Left 4 Dead 2. However, neither game has the hardest achievement; I'd give that title to any game with these. "

Theres a gnome at the beginning of Half Life 2: Episode 2, and theres an achievement for carrying it throughout the entire game and putting it in the rocket at the end. It fell through the ground for me near the end, and I didn't have any saves close to there so I gave up.
#34 Posted by Video_Game_King (35985 posts) -
@CL60: 

Even though that does sound hard, I like my answer better :P.
#35 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

The GRAW one is crazy, the Wave 100 achievements for Joust and Robotron are equally impossible.

#36 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: Yeah, it's not that hard, just annoying.
#37 Posted by Hailinel (23868 posts) -

Any online achievement for a game that has had its online component deactivated.

#38 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Everyone is wrong. 

#39 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

the real end - super meat boy

#40 Posted by OldManLight (828 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
yeah what he said. if there's one that requires you to be better than literally every other player that plays that game, it wins.
#41 Edited by FesteringNeon (2158 posts) -

UT3
I just have a PS3, but the hardest trophy for me is beating Akasha on Insane difficulty w/ co-op and w/o cheating. 
I still have yet to do it.. 
That and 200 kills on 50 different days is just tedious! 

GT5
Gold Standard

#42 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" In one of the GRAW games there was one to be number 1 on the leader boards.    

this one, what a stinker, also the Final fantasy online for leveling up all jobs to the maximum, i think only one person got it within 3-4 years
#43 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
This
#44 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

Beat Through The Fire and Flames on Expert in GH3 is pretty damn hard.

#45 Posted by GanglyMonster (41 posts) -

Any of the Game Room achievements

#46 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

Any of those achievements were you had to end up on the top of the leaderboard. Graw and Quake 4 had one I believe.

#47 Posted by OldManLight (828 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/7-day-survivor/63515/
http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/im-a-golden-god/83553/
http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/world-champion-multiplayer/83920/

did some looking at the stats just on this site.  the world champ multiplayer one from graw to me seems the hardest.  surprisingly 10 people on this site have it.  see for yourself.  sadly several hundred people have the 100% SMB and 7 day survivor achievement from dead rising.  sorry didn't feel like making them links so copying and pasting will have to do.

#48 Posted by me3639 (1725 posts) -

2 things: Fuck that Gnome in HL2:EP2, and my SMB acheivment would be Call of duty WAW on veteran. Doing certain levels over and over and over....fuck those grenades.

#49 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4282 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
Fuck that achievement. Whoever thought of that needs to be shot. Well to be fair, it was during the early days of achievements, but still...

Also the FFXI achievements are outrageously out of this world difficult.
#50 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
I think Cod2 has one like that too.  Pretty much any of the "get #1 on a leaderboard' achievements are bullshit.