• 136 results
#1 Posted by Jixashauser (238 posts) -

What is the hardest game(s) you ever played?

Mine is Ninja Gaiden, I was foolish enough to rent it and think that I could pull it off in a week, got stuck on the first boss then quit...and also an old NES game that I can´t remember the name of, you played as a knight against ghost and skeletons and stuff, got stuck on the dragon at the end of the third level :P

#2 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

Touhou series, no questions asked. Play insane mode and you'll cry blood.

#3 Posted by Jixashauser (238 posts) -

insane mode is never fun :)

#4 Edited by Roybot (34 posts) -

Castlevania

#5 Posted by Rually (52 posts) -

Easy question for me: Ninja Gaiden 1-3 on NES. Those were hardcore games.
I remember uttering my first curse word as a child was on the last stage when the birds kept knocking me into the pits during my jumps.

#6 Posted by stAtic (1638 posts) -

Uhm.. I don't know. Devil May Cry 3, probably.

#7 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
Disgaeamad said:
"Touhou series, no questions asked. Play insane mode and you'll cry blood.
"
Some people I know here in Japan are super into that, and I just nod and wince in pain when I see them play it
#8 Posted by Absinthetic (172 posts) -

The first release of DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden

#9 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden

#10 Posted by JacobBrodersen (321 posts) -

Too many insanely hard games, but recently it would be Ikaruga, that stuff is hella tough!

#11 Posted by Raptor_Jesus (1 posts) -

Ghost and Goblins or whatever it was called.

It's well known as being one of the hardest games ever.

#12 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

DMC3 was really danm tough on me I hardly could make it past the 3rd boss.

#13 Posted by Cleric (286 posts) -

Yeah, Ninja Gaiden is insanely hard. Back then it made me rage because the camera and the whole dial-a-combo madness didn't help either.

Thank god I borrowed it from a friend and never actually bought it.

#14 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden was pretty damn hard... there are a few more for me but I can't remember off the top of my head.

#15 Posted by Zola (53 posts) -

I have not played NG, but my hardest is probably NG2. That game made my brain bleed as i boiled with frustration. I have never screamed at a game before i played NG2 on mentor.

#16 Posted by Soopy (46 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden for xbox. Although i did beat every difficulty and all the master tournaments. (no brag :)

#17 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

I Wanna Be the Guy

I can guarantee it shits on any other game mentioned in this thread. Google it if you don't believe me.
#18 Posted by CARL (55 posts) -

I WANNA BE THE GUY

That game is brutal

#19 Posted by KnightOfNi (69 posts) -

definitely ninja gaiden, that game was ridiculous.

#20 Posted by Kaneda (22 posts) -
I wanna be the Guy! This Game has ruined one Keyboard, one cheap PC Controller and almost cost me my 24" LCD. Fuck that game.
#21 Posted by Chevo (4 posts) -

I'm playing NG2 at the moment, it seems more bastardish that the first one, but maybe that's just because I haven't played the first one since I beat it.

Honorable mention goes to Breath Of Fire Five, a game made ridiculously hard but a fundamentally idiotic structure that requires you to go so far in the game, and re-start again and again, giving yourself an experience boost at the start of the game each time.

#22 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

Schizoid on Uber Schizoid mode is insane

#23 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Pac-Man! I NEVER WIN!

#24 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden is just fucking crazy.

I was this [ ] close to suicide.

#25 Posted by MutenMiller (216 posts) -

Dude, I'm surprised no one has said Battletoads for the nes yet.

So, uh, Battletoads.

#26 Posted by BulletPulse (183 posts) -

Umm...Battletoads and Halo 2 on legendary.

#27 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden Sigma I would've played it on easy but I didn't wanna wear the pink ribbon

#28 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

Batman returns for the Atari LYNX. Seriously, either the game designers knew nothing about game design, or they meant it as a cruel joke.

#29 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

Some Terminator game, I cant remember the title.

#30 Posted by Felix (145 posts) -

4 Wheel Thunder for the Dreamcast.

My thumb was in PAIN after playing that game. To this day I have yet to beat the single player championship and unlock everything.

#31 Posted by Aria (24 posts) -

I've gotten through about eight screens of I Wanna be the Guy.
But on a more traditional gaming level, Ghosts and Goblins. I was never able to finish that.

#32 Posted by Jixashauser (238 posts) -

I used to think that Megaman was hard but I played it recently and it wasn´t really that tough...

#33 Posted by Bkorns4 (129 posts) -

super ghouls n' ghosts still kicks my ass. Though i can get pretty far.

#34 Posted by JamesConsidine (28 posts) -

Ikaruga. Serious fucking business

#35 Posted by DappaDizzle (179 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden ...flippen heck

#36 Posted by IllegalMedic (20 posts) -

I would say Tetris, its impossible for my brain to process after a certain point. Another choice for me is Call of Duty 4 on Veteran; thats because the game becomes so cheap at that point.

#37 Posted by oWarlock360o (199 posts) -

Breath of fire 4.... Fou-lu was a mofo...

#38 Posted by Jixashauser (238 posts) -
IllegalMedic said:
"I would say Tetris, its impossible for my brain to process after a certain point. Another choice for me is Call of Duty 4 on Veteran; thats because the game becomes so cheap at that point."

COD 4 is the most fun on Veteran cause it´s realistic, but yeah it´s fucking hard
#39 Posted by Jazz (2288 posts) -

Hmm Battletoads or Shinobi on the ps2...i thought Ninja Gaiden wasnt too tough until you hit hard....damn those cat women

#40 Posted by Steve_C (1756 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden Sigma, or Viewtiful Joe on the GC. The difficultly leap from kid to adult difficulty was immense. And one of the last levels is to beat the 4 previous bosses in a row without dying as well as an extra one. They're hard enough on their own, but put together it was nigh-on-fucking-impossible.

My most frustrating experience was probably getting the big boss emblem on MGS4. Enemies can hear you from about 10 miles away if you do anything other than sneak. I had to reset so many times.

#41 Posted by korkesh (133 posts) -

My hardest game that I ever played would probably be Ninja Gaiden 2 for the NES. Although the last time that I did beat this I was about six years old.

#42 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -

All Shinobi's and Contra.

#43 Posted by 4D (97 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden

#44 Posted by RowdyRob (206 posts) -

Kid Icarus.

#45 Posted by 19nazzy (64 posts) -

Driver 2. The car chases were extremely brutal to do. You had to be near perfect.

#46 Posted by HipHopHitler (59 posts) -

Has to be System Shock 2. Not only scared me shitless, but I was barely able to survive five minutes.

#47 Posted by mastergiani (28 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden or DMC 3.  The Call of Duty games on veteran were pretty insane too but ninja gaiden is just nuts. 

#48 Posted by Atlas (2454 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden Black. That game seriously kicked my ass. I wanted to love that game, but I hate dying.

#49 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -

In my teenage years I found a lot of games hard. But I was also doing class-A drugs at the time, so the idea of even completing a level seemed pointless when you could run against a wall for 30-odd minutes and giggle.

#50 Posted by Bibliobihullabaloo (4 posts) -

Uhm...a lot. But the first one that jumps to my mind is Trauma Center. Maybe because I'm playing the squeal right now...