• 162 results
#101 Posted by DillonWerner (1522 posts) -

Nope

#102 Posted by Ramone (2954 posts) -

Never. Maybe I'm just a cold bastard. I don't really cry at films either, some songs get me misty eyed though.

#103 Edited by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -
@Xtrememuffinman: Final fantasy X was quite an emotional game
#104 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia, I really don't know why but the collaboration of everything at the end of the game with him being his father, the angels, and the girl. Yeah, thats pretty much the only one though.

A lot of games have gotten me emotional though, when I thought you wouldnt be able to save your wife in Alan Wake I got really bummed out. Hell, when pretty much you lose or think you lose the female in a game I get all emotional. Probably the gentlemen in me.

#105 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

Red dead ending, My jaw literally dropped and I said what the fuck?...What the fuck!
also Final Fantasy was a sad game :(

#106 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII.

#107 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

No way man, I'm a manly man, I DON'T CRY

#108 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

Erm theres a point in Persona 4 which kind of got me sad. This is the most recent time i ever got 'close' to crying, but i never cry anyway. Oh and a scene in FF7 also which got me sad again, i was slightly younger then so i was more receptive to emotional scenes.

#109 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

Nier was probably the most shocking (was not expecting to cry), but MGS3 got the "hardest" cry from me.

#110 Posted by CornishRocker (397 posts) -

I cried during FFIX when the Black Mages were killed.

Granted, I was 9 when I played it.

#111 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 Overlord DLC

#112 Posted by Sammo21 (3199 posts) -

I once bought a game new....Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior. After about 30 minutes I cried that I spent money on it.

#113 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Yeah. Red Dead Redemption got me all teary eyed. Flower bummed me out, almost to tears.

#114 Edited by Galiant (2175 posts) -

I feel like this topic has been done before.

Nevertheless, Final Fantasy X caught me at an emotionally unstable time. I still get choked up, to this day, when I hear the music that plays when Tidus...

...jumps off the airship as he disappears.
#115 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

The end of Red Dead Redemption got me damn close to crying.

#116 Posted by achoyq (114 posts) -

Didn't cry, I applauded. Half-life 2 episode 2 ending. Man, that ending was really good. 

#117 Posted by Melvargh (487 posts) -
@Tophat666 said:

Metal Gear Solid 3 was the first crying moment for me(first implying that this has happened more then once)

The ending really blew my mind, it really hit a nerve inside that always gets me every time I watch it.

#118 Posted by Cupids_Hitman (164 posts) -

The end of MGS3 was pretty dang sad.

#119 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

Yeah. Red Dead Redemption got me all teary eyed. Flower bummed me out, almost to tears.

Oh yeah, my heart totally sank at the end of that stranger mission, so sad :(

#120 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
#121 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

Yup, a bunch of 'em, sometimes even for very silly reasons (ending of KH2...what?).

I can get choked up pretty easy, throw in some sad music and I'm bawling before too long.

#122 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Didn't cry but I felt real bummed during the course of red dead.

#123 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Major Minors Majestic March

#124 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -
#125 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

the end of FFX. and that one part of Persona 4..even though i was watching the endurance run of it XP

#126 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

The only games to make me shed tears, manly tears, were Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4.

#127 Edited by amomjc (977 posts) -

@Akrid said:

I nearly cried at the end of Schindler's List.

I never understood why that movie brought people to tears. Don't get me wrong, I know its emotional, but when I watched that (for school) I had an intense hatred for mankind after.

(EDIT: read my post afterwards and felt it didn't get my point across. I don't know why people cry for that movie when they should feel disgust for what was done. I am just different, of course, but still boggles my brain.)

#128 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -
@csoup: That's weird. I suppose you just focused on a different thing then most. I felt the hatred of the nazi's was kind of a given halfway through, like they decided to move past that point and go on to another one.

In fact, the sacrifice and perseverance on display in that movie left me with quite the opposite effect of yours.
#129 Posted by Pakorn (183 posts) -

Xenogears, the first time you open that music box and it plays that sad music, I must admit it brought a tear to my eye. It was just so deep and beautiful and sad, nothing in any game since has affected me so emotionally.

#130 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

I have been made to cry by a video game (not yet, at least). I can only think of one or two films that ever made me legitimately cry though. That said, plenty of games have reacted with me on a very emotional level. I can expect though that the likelihood of me crying is going to increase steadily as powerful storytelling becomes more important and is improved in the years to come.

#131 Posted by BoG (5180 posts) -
@Hizang said:

I'm quite a emotional person, and there have been a few moments in games where I have shed some tears.  
The worst was MGS2, Emma..

Oh gosh, Emma.... and when the parrot was talking... oh jeez I'm tearing up now... 
The other instances were Nanako in Persona 4 and Galuf in Final Fantasy V.
#132 Posted by Elyk247 (365 posts) -

Halo 3 when Johnson died made me watery eyed. He was so badass.  

#133 Posted by Kinsella (59 posts) -

In Silent Hill 2, when James walks in on Pyramid Head raping that 4 legged monster, it just chokes me up inside. Such a tender, romantic scene.
#134 Posted by SwiprNOSEwipng (25 posts) -

I don't think so, I remember being emotionally invested in FFX but not really crying. I'm really looking forward to the first game that can make me cry though.

#135 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

Eh, not really. When I was four, I cried when my brother beat Donkey Kong Country. But I wouldn't count that.

#136 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2375 posts) -

Come close a few times, but never have I been deep enough and related enough to feel emotional in a game.

#137 Posted by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

NOOOOOOPPPE!

#138 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -
@BoG said:
Galuf in Final Fantasy V.
Galuf was probably the closest I've gotten to crying....he's one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters.
#139 Posted by morecowbell24 (100 posts) -

I shed a single tear at (towards??) the end MGS4

#140 Posted by PerfidiousSinn (724 posts) -

Both Persona 3 and Persona 4 made me cry like a little baby bitch.

#141 Posted by Psykhophear (939 posts) -

Portal, when you realized there was no cake at the end. 

Haha joking. On top of my head, it would be Metal Gear Solid 4. The ending had a lot sad moment that made my eyes watery a little bit. There, I said it. Boohoohoo! Another one would be Gears of War 2 when Dominic had finally found his wife and had to end her life in vain. That part was really sad.

#142 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1798 posts) -

I'm pretty sure I got choked up at Boss' death in MGS3. That monologue by Eva didn't help.

In fact, I think that of all the MGS games I have played MGS3 had the best story.

#143 Posted by Hiashi (87 posts) -

@NickBOTT said:

FFX ending I got a little choked up, not going to lie.

and the VERY first time I beat Ocarina of time I teared up during the ending credits. Mostly because everything wrapped up so well but also imagining what a tragedy it is Link would have to live as a hero of a time he couldn't be part of, with memories that are meaningless to everyone in his time but him.

#144 Edited by AuthenticM (3695 posts) -

The final shot of Metal Gear Solid 4 was just too much.

#145 Posted by Hailinel (23674 posts) -

Yes, a number of times.

#146 Posted by GreggD (4475 posts) -

For some reason, after beating the Lost and Damned, and watching the credits roll with Every Picture Tells a Story (that Rod Stewart song) playing...jerked a single tear. Guess it was the perfect storm of elements.

#147 Edited by Shaka999 (447 posts) -

I can't decide if I'm appalled or embarrassed that no one has said Final Fantasy VII. I was young when I played it. You all know what part I'm talking about.

I honestly called my friend at 10:30 PM (big deal in...6th grade? 7th grade?) just to tell him what happened.

#148 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

Not that I can recall. Game stories are usually pretty shit, even the "good" ones.

#149 Edited by Mallard (30 posts) -

Reading this thread makes me wonder if jRPGs are videogames more likely to make you cry, or the people who play jRPGs are more likely to cry while playing videogames.

#150 Posted by Yorick (235 posts) -

I don't think so but I wish one would. It takes a lot for something to make me cry nowadays.