Has anyone seen the show Lie to Me?

Avatar image for onetwothree_butnotfour_concubi
OneTwoThree_butnotFour_Concubines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it any good? This acquaintance of mine (here in MONTREAL!!!) is recommending the show and I wanted to ask for opinions.

Thank you in advance for your time.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MudMan

Meh, pretty run of the mill procedural with super-intelligent troubled guy that sees more than anybody else.

The gimmick about body language is interesting, as long as you know nothing about the subject. Best part? Tim Roth is punching so far below his weight that it's absolutely gorgeous to see him waddle around looking like he's going to collapse any minute (either out of boredom or... whatever else). He's easily the best thing in the show.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yeah, it's nothing special, but nice to see Tim Roth.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My psych teacher played it for our class a few time (senior year of highschool). I didnt like it that much. Tim Roth was iight in it, but I thought the concept was pretty dumb (even if it's based on real stuff).

If you want to know: It's about a dude who has a company that helps investigations by looking at suspects facial expressions (seeing if they lie or not). Tim Roths character is the guy who discovered how to apply it; 'wrote the rule book' in a sense.

maximus_vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it, but it's far from must-watch TV.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw a few episodes way back. It's a decent show if you have time to kill.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@theht said:

Mostly this. I really like Tim Roth; he's a super-talented actor that seemingly hasn't been able to find anything worthwhile to do for a long time. His movie The War Zone (directed it, didn't act in it) is amazing. Really painful to watch, but amazing.

I only got like two episodes into Lie To Me before mostly giving up on it. Maybe I'll try it again now that it's on Netflix.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TruthTellah

It's pretty decent. It can feel a bit formulaic off and on, but it actually improves in some ways as the show goes on. It does fit a kind of House dynamic of the smart master with problems guiding the students, but it plays with it in its own way. There's some pseudo science mixed in with real science, but it's generally all in the service of entertainment. And Tim Roth is great.

I'd recommend it. I was a fan while it was on TV.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's pretty typical crime procedural, but Tim Roth is pretty amazing in it. It was decent enough show.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's pretty decent. It can feel a bit formulaic off and on, but it actually improves in some ways as the show goes on. It does fit a kind of House dynamic of the smart master with problems guiding the students, but it plays with it in its own way. There's some pseudo science mixed in with real science, but it's generally all in the service of entertainment. And Tim Roth is great.

I'd recommend it. I was a fan while it was on TV.

Pretty much how I feel. I liked it, so it gets a recommendation from me.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

First Season was pretty good, stopped watching after that. My dad saw it all the way through but he watches a lot of crap.

It was a fine show, don't spend too much to buy it.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rorie said:

@theht said:

Mostly this. I really like Tim Roth; he's a super-talented actor that seemingly hasn't been able to find anything worthwhile to do for a long time. His movie The War Zone (directed it, didn't act in it) is amazing. Really painful to watch, but amazing.

I only got like two episodes into Lie To Me before mostly giving up on it. Maybe I'll try it again now that it's on Netflix.

Wow, really surprised that you would watch Lie To Me but hey, if you're picky with your entertainment, you're gonna run out. By the way man, have you seen The Wire? Love that shit man, really refreshing with a show that doesn't talk down to you. Easily head and shoulders above anything out there, which is why is pisses me off how few people have actually watched it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Sooty

It's typical serialised American network TV.

You know, the ones that have a different story every week. Those shows are always the first to drastically dip in quality.

I hate the weekly format. They are all the same, season premiere will be some kind of setup hinting towards a bigger picture, next 20 episodes will dance around it while arsing around doing other shit, then the last 2 episodes will be a cliffhanger. (Lie to Me mostly just had different stories every week with no big reveals ever, I got bored fast)

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never ever start a show you know has already been cancelled. You're setting yourself up for disappointment of being left with an eventual cliffhanger.

That being said, it's a pretty good show with good actors/characters. Main dude is the cop from Resevoir Dogs/robber in Pulp Fiction (Tim Roth?). I was bummed when it was cancelled.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

My wife got into it a while back. seemed ok from what I saw of it, nothing amazing though.