#1 Posted by BlaineBlaine (460 posts) -

So... Buying a house. I'm not accepting more debt than necessary so the charge cards are banned until further notice and utilities will be minimized until I sort out that whole couch, bed, furniture... Lamp... I'll need one of those.... No cable starting off. Clear claims you can play games with the $50 a month plan, but that might be FarmVille shit and not the hardcore gamer games I normally play. CityVille. Ok, so I've been busy the past 6 months. But no TV shows, no money, no going out, it will certainly be entertainment starvation facilitated by free to play games. Can anyone give a yea or nay on this service?

#2 Posted by Xeirus (1294 posts) -

I worked at Best Buy for about 5 years and we -constantly- had people complaining and returning it, and they were not gamers, just basic web use.

I say stay far, far away from Clear.

#3 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

What the heck is Clear Wireless? And also for 50 dollars a month couldn't you get a pretty decent internet connection from a normal ISP?

#4 Edited by Phyrlord (171 posts) -

@Donkeycow said:

What the heck is Clear Wireless? And also for 50 dollars a month couldn't you get a pretty decent internet connection from a normal ISP?

Sounds like a company that offers like a USB wireless stick that connects to a 3g/4g network for internet, fairly common in rural communities.

#5 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

You can get great speeds with 4g, but the latency is generally not good enough for gaming.

#6 Posted by Grillbar (1807 posts) -

i have no idea what clear wireless is, and i have no idea of the different pricing in your country but that being said, cant you just get regular internet that is solid and fast for that amount.

if its a usb wireless thingy-magik then i would say dont get it. though i have only tried it with one provider and it was only a 2/1 it was extremely unstable. got kicked off constantly and generally the speed would constantly dip.

but then again that was just my experience and can most likely not be compared to your situation.

oh and congrats on the house

#7 Posted by TheVideoHustler (406 posts) -

50 USD is plenty for a ISP contract.

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6227 posts) -

Man $50 a month is more than I pay for fibre, that seems like you're just throwing away money.

#9 Posted by vaportra1l (270 posts) -

I had a Sprint phone with Clearwire Wimax, and it was garbage.

#10 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Avoid Cearwire like the plague. D yourself a favor and look up the monthly data ration they give you. It's way to low for gamers.

#11 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

So did anyone else assume this thread was about taking all of Clear Wireless' lives?