• 60 results
#1 Posted by S0mewh4tD4m4ged (346 posts) -

Has E3 increased the size of your game lists? I am very surprised at the new games of E3. So many games that will be releasing in the next 9 months. This is my list sorted by most wanted. What does your list now look like?

1. Dead Space 3

February 2013, PS3

2. The Last of Us

2013, PS3

3. Hitman: Absolution

11.20.12, PS3

4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Spring 2013, 360

5. Watch Dogs

2013, PS3

6. Resident Evil 6

10.02.12, 360

7. Far Cry 3

09.04.12, 360

8. God of War: Ascension

03.12.13, PS3

9. Halo 4

11.06.12, 360

10. Assassin's Creed III

10.30.12, PS3

11. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

10.13.12, 360

12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots

2013, 360

13. Beyond: Two Souls

2013, PS3

14. Star Wars 1313

2013, PS3

15. Gears of War: Judgment

2013, 360

16. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

17. Tomb Raider

#2 Posted by AndrewB (7668 posts) -

You just spent $1020.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11987 posts) -

Nothing until it's released.

#4 Posted by S0mewh4tD4m4ged (346 posts) -

@AndrewB: lol. no way that I will buy all of these, but still following them nonetheless.

#5 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

Some games it decreased but it added Tomb Raider and Most Wanted. Games it took off was Far Cry 3, Dead Space 3, and RE6.

#6 Posted by S0mewh4tD4m4ged (346 posts) -

@shadows_kill: They confirmed that in Dead Space 3 you would be able to play solo without an AI partner. Also, levels on ships that orbit the planet will make it more similar to Dead Space 1 and 2 gameplay. Far Cry 3 single player looks great but the co-op and vs are looking like a let down. RE6 for me is just for nostalgia and co-op...

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19020 posts) -

I already planned on buying some games, but after seeing stuff at E3 the new Tomb Raider and Need For Speed look great. Definitely going to pick those two up for sure.

#8 Posted by Whampire (58 posts) -

With the exception of the top two titles on your list (with DS3 looking worryingly action-oriented), almost everything I've seen from E3 makes me feel so bored I want to cry.

#9 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

Rainbow six?

#10 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

It has, but only by 3-4 games.

#11 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

So far there's nothing from E3 that gets more than a "I might play that" for me, I'm waiting to see how action heavy and Uncharted like The Last of Us is.

That Dead Space 3 co-op...oh good grief that was painful, hearing about the universal ammo and some of the other changes does not give me much hope for the single player either.

Beyond creeped me out, those character models just looked weird, I was really irritated at the plot holes in Heavy Rain so I'm not sure how I feel about another game from Quantic.

The only game I'm pretty stoked for is Hitman, provided they haven't turned that into a third person shooter / Assassin's Creed game like Splinter Cell.

#12 Posted by NTM (7479 posts) -

Not really, 'cause the majority of the games that were shown, we already knew about. For instance, Dead Space 3, I knew I was going to want that before I even saw it at E3.

#13 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

@shadows_kill said:

Some games it decreased but it added Tomb Raider and Most Wanted. Games it took off was Far Cry 3, Dead Space 3, and RE6.

what was it that put you off far cry 3

#14 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

There's a few games that have intrigued me but nothing's made me jump out of my seat and say "FUCK YEAH DAY ONE PURCHASE!". Rather, the new Company of Heroes and X-Com are getting my attention and no one's even mentioned those. Well X-Com had a trailer but we all knew that was coming anyway.

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (23 posts) -

I'm tempted by Tomb Raider and I'm going to say 1313 because although I want to get any Star Wars game automatically I didn't know whether I would get it as soon as it came out or wait for the price to go down

#16 Posted by DVombatus (79 posts) -

Before E3 there was only one game I was following (Last of Us). Now I have several more titles that I will be keeping an eye on as the develop: Watch Dogs, Sim City, and above all else 1313.

#17 Posted by wewantsthering (1578 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

You just spent $1020.

I was totally going to call bs on your exaggeration, but then I realized you were totally right! That's crazy!

#18 Posted by Dalai (7040 posts) -

I think I added 3 games to the wishlist. Watch Dogs, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Lego City Undercover are now on the short list and I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on buying a Lego game.

#19 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I guess it technically has since I didn't know about Beyond prior to E3. Anything from David Cage skyrockets to the top of my game list.

#20 Posted by Seedofpower (3937 posts) -

Not really. Nothing I've seen on Giant Bomb so far has me jumping out of my seat with excitement.

#21 Posted by TekZero (2674 posts) -

No. Gog.com increased the size of my wishlists.

#22 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Maybe by a few, but I can't say I was impressed by the amount of shooters on show. I know they sell, but every one of them looked so god damn boring.

#23 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I might grab Far Cry 3 and maybe even Tomb Raider. I wouldn't have thought that last week.

#24 Posted by S0mewh4tD4m4ged (346 posts) -

Out of every new game, Watch_Dogs had to be the biggest surprise. Everyone at 1st thought it was a next gen game but it was simply running on a PC.

#25 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

Here are all the E3 games that I'm getting.

• Zone of the Enders HD Collection
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Halo 4
  • Tomb Raider
  • Dust 514 (F2P)
  • Star Wars 1313
  • Watch Dogs
#26 Edited by PenguinDust (12553 posts) -

No, of all the things I've seen so far only Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed III are "must haves". I am greatly interested in Halo 4's single-player campaign, so that's a strong "maybe". Splinter Cell Blacklist is the first Sam Fisher game to pique my interest since the days of the original Xbox, so that's a possibility.

I really don't know enough about the game play for The Last of Us, Beyond, and Watch Dogs to make any kind of decision. They're pretty, certainly, but what do they play like? I need to hear they're sort of like this or they have elements of that.

Really, the only thing I plan on buying anytime soon (outside of 2011 games on sale) is Borderlands II. That drops in September I believe.

#27 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Nothing until next year the only ones on that list I'm looking foward (from this year) are Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed III , The Last of Us is definetively a buy so is Tomb Raider too bad both come out next year.

#28 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

Yeah. I got to say that there are a lot of games coming out that I really want, but they all come out in 2013!

#29 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

The only must buy game on that list is Halo 4 since it's my favourite shooter franchise and the new direction looks interesting.

The Last of Us, Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider also looks interesting.

#30 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Most of those games we already knew about, so the only two I would get is Most Wanted and Watch Dogs.

#31 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1817 posts) -

I'm going to start following news about the new Dante game. Maybe even Sim City, even if I think Origin alone will keep me from playing it.

Everything else was already on the list.

#32 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I'm not as excited about E3 as I was in previous years. I'm age 35 now and my enthusiasm for games in general begins to wane a bit. Just a few titles enlisted above I will actually buy.

#33 Posted by CornBREDX (5610 posts) -

No. I'm not really into a lot of the big games that were shown. There's probably 1 or 2 that I'll actually play.

#34 Posted by Jimbo (9866 posts) -

Added ~3, crossed off ~6.

#35 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

I think that this year maybe the first year I exclusively buy Ubisoft games but really E3 wasn't the one that influenced it. I already knew I wanted to play AC3 and Far Cry 3. Splinter Cell Blacklist has me excited for some more awesome co-op. (if they confirmed that was in the game) Conviction's co-op was probably the best co-op experiences I've ever had. But I highly doubt I'll get that day one.

#36 Posted by Emperor_Jimmu (249 posts) -

If your game list is enlarged for more than five hours please consult your doctor.

#37 Posted by ShaggE (6550 posts) -

Not really, but only because Watch Dogs was the only real surprise. That's not to say my hype meter hasn't gone up for a number of titles.

#38 Posted by MiceElf (16 posts) -

Definitely not - main reason being that what's shown at E3 is a marketing blitz. There are some occasions where informed commentators can cut through the crap to some extent, but most of what you're seeing is marketing. If you're willing to spend your money based upon that then more fool you. Better to wait to see what the buzz is in the lead-up to release on your favourite site (which I imagine is here) and then make your choice. Otherwise you're just a whore to the marketers, and there's no fun to be had in that. It gets sore after a while.

#39 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

Not by much- out of the games you listed, there's only 2 that have been newly added to my follow list: Star Wars 1313, and Halo 4. (And I probably won't ever get to actually own Halo 4- since I don't have a 360. But I did like what was shown. :( ) There are a few others, such as New Super Mario Bros U and Platinum's P-100 project... But not much else immediately comes to mind.

..... Primarily because anything else that caught my interest this show was something I was already keeping track of. :)

(Such as Black Ops 2 and The Last of Us- if I go by just your list that is. :P )

#40 Posted by konig_kei (645 posts) -

Most wanted. That is all.

#41 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

It got me curious about a few but nothing I'm guaranteed to get.

#42 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

@Sooty: The creator wanted to put alot more into the story, more super-natural themes. And also they had lots of scenes which were removed,.... because it didnt appeal to a broader audience.

And the DLC's were meant to show off some of the extra story elements.

All that got canned by the publishers.

#43 Posted by blake_brown (117 posts) -

Halo 4 and Assassins Creed 3 are definite buys for me.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist wasn't even on my radar before E3 but it's very likely I'll get that.

I'll buy Dead Space 3 only because I'm a huge fan of the other two, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about it.

And, what the fuck ever, I'll buy Black Ops 2 cause I've gotta.

#44 Posted by Superkenon (1457 posts) -

Ehhh... some strong 'maybes' mostly.

#45 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

So~ many games!

#46 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

@doobie said:

@shadows_kill said:

what was it that put you off far cry 3

The coop didn't look good at all and after the gameplay they first showed when fighting on beached boats the levels seemed to get more and more boring to me.

@S0mewh4tD4m4ged said:

@shadows_kill: They confirmed that in Dead Space 3 you would be able to play solo without an AI partner. Also, levels on ships that orbit the planet will make it more similar to Dead Space 1 and 2 gameplay. Far Cry 3 single player looks great but the co-op and vs are looking like a let down. RE6 for me is just for nostalgia and co-op...

For Dead Space I liked 1 a LOT and I thought the horror was great. 2 it was alright still a solid game but this seemed.. very straight action oriented and taking out weapons and ammo depletion (all guns take same ammo) RE6 just looked like a normal third person shooter and nothing really special there.

#47 Posted by S0mewh4tD4m4ged (346 posts) -

This year alone I have 7 games that I am following.

Far Cry 3: Mainly for single player but I think the story looks awesome. The villain is probably the best villain in recent memory.

Resident Evil 6: I have beat every main RE to date and I feel obligated to get RE6.

Assassin's Creed 3: I have never been interested in AC before but this one has me hooked with the setting.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted: Best looking racing/driving game I've seen.

Halo 4: It doesn't look like Halo but it's still amazing.

Black Ops 2: More of the same but I really loved wager matches and this one has a zombie story mode?

Hitman: Absolution: The Original Assassin

#48 Posted by MocBucket62 (1245 posts) -

Honestly Yeah:

• Sony got me excited to buy some more exclusives like Beyond Two Souls (though we still don't know how to play that), The Last of Us and even PS All Stars.
  • Ubisoft impressed me with their games at their press conference as I'm more intrigued with games like Assasin's Creed III and Far Cry 3. I really want Rayman Legends, but I wish that was available for the PS3. :( Might just play Origins instead.
  • I must say EA got me excited to play NFS Most Wanted, and I'm not really into racing games unless its Burnout or Mario Kart.
  • The South Park game looks to capture the spirit of the show and looks pretty freaking fun.
#49 Posted by Grixxel (768 posts) -

Only Watch-Dogs which is probably 2-3 years away. Pretty much next-gen.

#50 Posted by BonOrbitz (2212 posts) -

Definitely. The Last of Us, Beyond, Dishonored, Tomb Raider, The Amazing Spider Man, Watch Dogs, Nintendoland, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon were all games I was NOT planning on purchasing before E3.

I fucking love video games.