Has the iOS GB app been pulled?

SuperVHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SuperVHS

I just restored my iPod and I couldn't find the video buddy on there. It seems to be working fine on my iPad. Anyone know what's happening?

I'm just gonna assume it's api/new site stuff

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Didn't they stop supporting that app years ago?

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm still mad that I wasted money on that app. Even when it was new, the videos never worked and the content was rarely updated.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Whiskey Media Video Buddy wasn't the official GB app was it? I thought it was made by a user?

It's not working on my iPad since the launch of the new site, not sure if the creator needs to do something to the api or if it's broken forever.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The official app from Giant Bomb got pulled a few years ago, which was really disappointing since it cost $2 and I don't recall them giving a reason for it being pulled ( correct me if I'm wrong ). I've been using the GB Video Buddy app for a couple weeks now which is good but it isn't working properly at the moment because of the site change.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jayeh said:

The official app from Giant Bomb got pulled a few years ago, which was really disappointing since it cost $2 and I don't recall them giving a reason for it being pulled ( correct me if I'm wrong ). I've been using the GB Video Buddy app for a couple weeks now which is good but it isn't working properly at the moment because of the site change.

I think they said it was harder to update and wanted to focus more on the phone site.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The GB Video Buddy is a godsend for watching videos on a mobile source, but since the new site hit the API will have to be updated. Hopefully that will happen soon, as watching videos with that before bed is almost a nightly ritual.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Ah, one of the many near-sighted features of Giant Bomb. You just gotta deal with it, man.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They stopped working on the App since it was pointless as it was always needing attention. So instead the made a html friendly site outside of the mobile site. So just use Safari and go to GB.

game-over

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@akyho said:

They stopped working on the App since it was pointless as it was always needing attention. So instead the made a html friendly site outside of the mobile site. So just use Safari and go to GB.

Not entirely sure how DLing videos, and it keeping track of progress made in said videos is "pointless" on a mobile device.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@levelichi I know Dave has mentioned that the download option is coming back to the mobile site soon.

Benender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the Video Buddy app gets updated soon. It's perfect for watching and saving the videos on my iPad.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Branthog

Use RSS feeds. Have them dumped into Reeder or Pocket or Downcast. I prefer that to having to launch an entirely separate application just to keep up with the video or podcast content of one specific site.