Has the original Deux Ex been remade?

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Sambambo

I really want to enjoy this game as others did when it originally came out, however the graphics in this present time are preventing me.

I am not a graphics whore, however I feel it is impossible to become immersed in a world that looks like this.

Has it been remade and if not, are there any plans to do so?

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AgentofChaos

Hey, they graphics aren't that bad *returns to playing Half-Life* 
Actually they haven't remade Deus Ex. But if you want a little graphical enhancement the PS2 version should satisfy you. (Deus Ex: The Conspiracy)
But I'm sure there is a graphical enhancement mod for this game.

jonny_eh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jonny_eh

Would you also prefer a colourized Citizen Kane to watch? 

Games, like books, movies and music, are a products of their time. Enjoy them how they were originally intended.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

Don't listen to jonny_eh. 

Some games don't age well, and despite them being awesome first time players might not latch-on as easily. No one playing Goldeneye for the first time today will get into it.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rowr

@SuperSambo said:
" I really want to enjoy this game as others did when it originally came out, however the graphics in this present time are preventing me.  I am not a graphics whore, however I feel it is impossible to become immersed in a world that looks like this.  Has it been remade and if not, are there any plans to do so? "
I think there is a mod or two which improves the resolutions of textures. I think its called the HDTP mod or something. Try google.

@EpicSteve said:
" Don't listen to jonny_eh.   Some games don't age well, and despite them being awesome first time players might not latch-on as easily. No one playing Goldeneye for the first time today will get into it. "
Agree. I've tried to start a deus ex game on 3 seperate occasions. I mean, maybe if it wasnt in the fps genre.
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By captain_clayman

i'm sure there's like a fake HDR mod or something like that somewhere... 

and there IS a texture mod, so that helps.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Hmmm... i have Deus Ex on CD right beside me. So tempted to just install it now and play again, but for some reason it has a whole bunch of bugs in the game for Vista anyways. The sound is messed up and it runs too fast for my computer?

Anyways, Don't think there has been a remake, but but could try Deus Ex: Invisible War. A bit of a different game altogether i believe i heard. Have not played it ever, so don't go by my word.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

No, but I was thinking about busting out some Perl or C plus a Curses library and making a roguelike,
all-text sequel to Deus Ex, inspired from source code from games such as Hack.  With any luck, I might
add color to the ascii, but don't push it.