This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Riddler (1528 posts) -

They have MASTERED the art of making amazing promotions/adds for their games. Gears of Wars MAD WORLD, Halo3's Belive adds............... and now Viva Pinata's "Believa Piñata"

  


Well played sir, youre getting a purchase from me.
#2 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

That doesn't make me want the game.


#3 Edited by Systech (4078 posts) -

This was actually from Microsoft? I just thought it was a funny joke that someone made... I still do because I recognize some of the toys that were given at a fast-food establishment whose name slips my mind.

#4 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3100 posts) -

That was actually really good. Better than Sony's advertisement of MGS4 "This isn't a move, but we are totally going to advertise it like one by getting the deep voice-movie-god-guy and using the phrase 'Only one man can stop him.'"

#5 Edited by Riddler (1528 posts) -
systech said:
"This was actually from Microsoft? I just thought it was a funny joke that someone made... I still do because I recognize some of the toys that were given at a fast-food establishment whose name slips my mind.
"

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/default.aspx

it was posted there as a viral marketing vid...
#6 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
Riddler said:
"systech said:
"This was actually from Microsoft? I just thought it was a funny joke that someone made... I still do because I recognize some of the toys that were given at a fast-food establishment whose name slips my mind.
"

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/default.aspx

it was posted their as a viral marketing vid..."
Cool, I give them props for that.
#7 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

That's pretty clever. I wouldn't expect anything less clever from MICROSOFT. THUMBS UP TO MARKETING.

#8 Edited by Riddler (1528 posts) -
Cube said:
"That doesn't make me want the game.


"

..............

umm, people like you wouldnt buy the game if it gave you blow jobs.

Sorry they arent making Generic Video game adds with loud music and fast cuts to appeal to 12 year old brats like sony is

this is suppose to be a parody of the halo3 adds, like these -

  


#9 Posted by Renegade_v2 (128 posts) -

Believa Piñata? lol

#10 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Riddler said:
"Cube said:
"That doesn't make me want the game.


"

..............

umm, people like you wouldnt buy the game if it gave you blow jobs.

Sorry they arent making Generic Video game adds with loud music and fast cuts to appeal to 12 year old brats like sony is

this is suppose to be a parody of the halo3 adds, like these -

  


"
Funny, because I bought the first Viva Pinata.

Why apologize to me? If you've got a problem with Sony's marketing, write them a letter, addressing your concerns.

Going at me won't make Sony's ads change. Sorry bud.
#11 Edited by Riddler (1528 posts) -
Cube said:
 Funny, because I bought the first Viva Pinata.

Why apologize to me? If you've got a problem with Sony's marketing, write them a letter, addressing your concerns.

Going at me won't make Sony's ads change. Sorry bud.
"
who was "going at you"? i dont have a problem with sony's 1980s style adds to attract prepubecent brats..... its marketing, and looking at you, it works.

seeing as these adds arent your taste, MS should  flood their adds with CG videos and games coming out in 2011 (Maybe) to sell a console to people you....right?
#12 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Riddler said:
"Cube said:
 Funny, because I bought the first Viva Pinata.

Why apologize to me? If you've got a problem with Sony's marketing, write them a letter, addressing your concerns.

Going at me won't make Sony's ads change. Sorry bud.
"
who was "going at you"? i dont have a problem with sony's 1980s style adds to attract prepubecent brats..... its marketing, and looking at you, it works.

seeing as these adds arent your taste, MS should  flood their adds with CG videos and games coming out in 2011 (Maybe) to sell a console to you....right?
"
No, but a little bit of the game's content would be nice.


Like, don't get me wrong, I know it was based of the Halo commercials, and it was creative, but that doesn't make me want to buy it. Don't know why you have to act like you know my tastes. Which ads are you talking about? The last Sony ad I saw was one with MGS4 (already released), GT5P (already released), and LBP (this year), so I really don't know where you're getting this 2011 thing from.


#13 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

Yeah I saw this on Kotaku, pretty cool.

#14 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
Cube said:
"Riddler said: No, but a little bit of the game's content would be nice.


Like, don't get me wrong, I know it was based of the Halo commercials, and it was creative, but that doesn't make me want to buy it. Don't know why you have to act like you know my tastes. Which ads are you talking about? The last Sony ad I saw was one with MGS4 (already released), GT5P (already released), and LBP (this year), so I really don't know where you're getting this 2011 thing from.


"
this year?? LMAO!!!  they have been showing adds with MGS, GT5 (a 40$ demo deosnt count for the full game) since the damn system launched, and im still wating on "Home"...you know something they promised a year ago and has been featured on every single commercial.....

#15 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

I also thought that this wasn't a real ad by Microsoft. I thought it was pretty clever; although it has no game footage it might spark interest in the Viva Pinata games.

#16 Edited by cakeorrdeath_ (67 posts) -
Cube said:
 No, but a little bit of the game's content would be nice.


Like, don't get me wrong, I know it was based of the Halo commercials, and it was creative, but that doesn't make me want to buy it. Don't know why you have to act like you know my tastes. Which ads are you talking about? The last Sony ad I saw was one with MGS4 (already released), GT5P (already released), and LBP (this year), so I really don't know where you're getting this 2011 thing from.


"

............they have been showing those games in their "Montage" style commercials A LONG LONG time before their release dates smart one.....

GT5P?? wtf? so a demo counts as the real game now? lol.
#17 Posted by Canadian (384 posts) -

That was fucking awesome.

#18 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Riddler said:
"Cube said:
"Riddler said: No, but a little bit of the game's content would be nice.


Like, don't get me wrong, I know it was based of the Halo commercials, and it was creative, but that doesn't make me want to buy it. Don't know why you have to act like you know my tastes. Which ads are you talking about? The last Sony ad I saw was one with MGS4 (already released), GT5P (already released), and LBP (this year), so I really don't know where you're getting this 2011 thing from.


"
this year?? LMAO!!!  they have been showing adds with MGS, GT5 (a 40$ demo deosnt count for the full game) since the damn system launched, and im still wating on "Home"...you know something they promised a year ago and has been featured on every single commercial.....

"
October 2008.

Yeah, I really don't know how to say it anymore clearer. Home has been delayed, that's something undebatable.

Why so serious?






#19 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
cakeorrdeath_ said:
"Cube said:
 No, but a little bit of the game's content would be nice.


Like, don't get me wrong, I know it was based of the Halo commercials, and it was creative, but that doesn't make me want to buy it. Don't know why you have to act like you know my tastes. Which ads are you talking about? The last Sony ad I saw was one with MGS4 (already released), GT5P (already released), and LBP (this year), so I really don't know where you're getting this 2011 thing from.


"

............they have been showing those games in their "Montage" style commercials A LONG LONG time before their release dates smart one.....

GT5P?? wtf? so a demo counts as the real game now? lol. "
Not where I'm from.

I just said that it released...I didn't say anything about it being the full game...
#20 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
Cube said:
October 2008.

Yeah, I really don't know how to say it anymore clearer. Home has been delayed, that's something undebatable.

Why so serious?






"
oct "2008"................and ive been seeing those games in their commercials since 07....so youre saying if i bought a ps3 in 07 i couldve played GT5 ( again, the real game not the 40$ demo), MGS4, LBP and Home??

and since its undebatable....why are you trying to debate? everyone knows sony lies to sell their systems, what else is new?
#21 Posted by Renegade_v2 (128 posts) -
That was actually pretty cool........

and Cube, PISS OFF. fucking annoying cunt. no one cares if you didnt like it, so jerk off the shitty ps3 adds with the babies and the crows.
#22 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Riddler said:
"Cube said:
October 2008.

Yeah, I really don't know how to say it anymore clearer. Home has been delayed, that's something undebatable.

Why so serious?






"
oct "2008"................and ive been seeing those games in their commercials since 07....so youre saying if i bought a ps3 in 07 i couldve played GT5 ( again, the real game not the 40$ demo), MGS4, LBP and Home??

and since its undebatable....why are you trying to debate? everyone knows sony lies to sell their systems, what else is new?
"
Sorry, I'm not from America. The ads for those didn't release here until shortly after MGS4 released. Home wasn't in our ads.

I'm not debating about Home, that's why I said it's undebatable.

I find it funny. You're so worked up over someone not wanting to buy Viva Pinata. I said it was creative. And then you just go off and start talking about 12 year old brats and prepubescents like I'm one of them, just because I'm excited for a game or game(s), and not totally balls deep for the one you are.

Tough shit, I'm expressing my opinion on the matter/commercial, and if you don't like it, fuck off. Tired of being buggered by blind fanboys like you.

PS. Next time you associate me with a 12 year old brat, or prepubescent, type a grammatically correct sentence, with big boy things like apostrophes and all!

Now I have to go to bed, I have to work tomorrow. Go jerk it to Batman comics.

 

#23 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Renegade_v2 said:
"That was actually pretty cool........

and Cube, PISS OFF. fucking annoying cunt. no one cares if you didnt like it, so jerk off the shitty ps3 adds with the babies and the crows.
"
I could see if this was the 360 forum, but it's GD. Everyone posts here. I'm allowed to. I didn't say I didn't like it, I said it doesn't make me want to buy the game. I said it was creative.
#24 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
Cube said:
"Riddler said: Sorry, I'm not from America. The ads for those didn't release here until shortly after MGS4 released. Home wasn't in our ads.

I'm not debating about Home, that's why I said it's undebatable.

I find it funny. You're so worked up over someone not wanting to buy Viva Pinata. I said it was creative. And then you just go off and start talking about 12 year old brats and prepubescents like I'm one of them, just because I'm excited for a game or game(s), and not totally balls deep for the one you are.

Tough shit, I'm expressing my opinion on the matter/commercial, and if you don't like it, fuck off. Tired of being buggered by blind fanboys like you.

PS. Next time you associate me with a 12 year old brat, or prepubescent, type a grammatically correct sentence, with big boy things like apostrophes and all!

Now I have to go to bed, I have to work tomorrow. Go jerk it to Batman comics.

 

"
LMAO!!! awww, wipe your tears kid. did i hurt your feeling by making you look like an idiot? Blind fanboy? coming from a guy with LBP avatar that constantly bashes MS commercials while defending sony's lies? your kidding right? batman comics? arent you the one quoting the batman film and posting "why so serious"?
#25 Posted by Renegade_v2 (128 posts) -
Cube said:
"Renegade_v2 said:
"That was actually pretty cool........

and Cube, PISS OFF. fucking annoying cunt. no one cares if you didnt like it, so jerk off the shitty ps3 adds with the babies and the crows.
"
I could see if this was the 360 forum, but it's GD. Everyone posts here. I'm allowed to. I didn't say I didn't like it, I said it doesn't make me want to buy the game. I said it was creative.
"

If you didnt like it, you said that in your comment, now LEAVE twat. why are you arguing like a moron and making us Ps3 owners look bad.

This add is better than the ps3 adds without a doubt, hope sony makes adds like these
#26 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3100 posts) -

Riddler, WTF? You changed your Icon... It's like... you aren't you anymore.

#27 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Constantly bashing Microsoft commercials? How exactly did you make me look like an idiot? Type coherently.

Last I checked, I said it didn't make me want to buy the game. That doesn't mean it's a bad commercial. Just not really my style.

And yeah, Batman comics. You're the one who has the handle "Riddler", who had it as his icon. You know, that kind of stuff.

And the Why So Serious was a joke.


#28 Posted by cakeorrdeath_ (67 posts) -

haha, cube's Nerd Rage was funny to read. go to bed kid, kiss your SHITstation3 before doing that, youll sleep better

#29 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Renegade_v2 said:
"Cube said:
"Renegade_v2 said:
"That was actually pretty cool........

and Cube, PISS OFF. fucking annoying cunt. no one cares if you didnt like it, so jerk off the shitty ps3 adds with the babies and the crows.
"
I could see if this was the 360 forum, but it's GD. Everyone posts here. I'm allowed to. I didn't say I didn't like it, I said it doesn't make me want to buy the game. I said it was creative.
"

If you didnt like it, you said that in your comment, now LEAVE twat. why are you arguing like a moron and making us Ps3 owners look bad.

This add is better than the ps3 adds without a doubt, hope sony makes adds like these"
I never said I didn't like it. Read my posts.

I'm expressing my opinion.
#30 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
cakeorrdeath_ said:
"haha, cube's Nerd Rage was funny to read. go to bed kid, kiss your SHITstation3 before doing that, youll sleep better"
You're acting more like a kid than I am.
#31 Posted by Renegade_v2 (128 posts) -
Cube said:
I never said I didn't like it. Read my posts.

I'm expressing my opinion.
"
you expressed your "opinion" in your first post, now youre arguing like the moron you are.
#32 Posted by LinkOwnz (6 posts) -
Nice add.

Cube....Youre an idiot
#33 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Renegade_v2 said:
"Cube said:
I never said I didn't like it. Read my posts.

I'm expressing my opinion.
"
you expressed your "opinion" in your first post, now youre arguing like the moron you are.
"
Um, if you didn't notice, he replied to me. Dragging me into the discussion further. You don't know me at all, I'm far from a moron.
#34 Posted by Renegade_v2 (128 posts) -
Cube said:
Um, if you didn't notice, he replied to me. Dragging me into the discussion further. You don't know me at all, I'm far from a moron.
"
its a discussion...then why are you crying "its maa opinionzz" when youve been clearly proven wrong about your comments about sony's adds? Ofcourse its your fucking opinion....YOURE TYPING it, arent you? running out of excuses much?

looking at your comments, yeah youre a moron
#35 Posted by cakeorrdeath_ (67 posts) -

wasnt this Cube kid supposed to go to bed like half an hour ago? is he still crying? LMAO!!!

#36 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Renegade_v2 said:
"Cube said:
Um, if you didn't notice, he replied to me. Dragging me into the discussion further. You don't know me at all, I'm far from a moron.
"
its a discussion...then why are you crying "its maa opinionzz" when youve been clearly proven wrong about your comments about sony's adds? Ofcourse its your fucking opinion....YOURE TYPING it, arent you? running out of excuses much?

looking at your comments, yeah youre a moron"
Where was I proven wrong?

Sorry if the ads I saw aren't the same as yours. I don't know why people need to be so insulting all the time.



Riddler, I apologize for my vulgarity. Uncalled for.
#37 Posted by LinkOwnz (6 posts) -

wow....everyone of this kids comments have like 4 or 5 (-).....LMAO, The ban hammer's coming 

#38 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
LinkOwnz said:
"wow....everyone of this kids comments have like 4 or 5 (-).....LMAO, The ban hammer's coming "
Expressing and defending an opinion is grounds for banning but being called a C**** and a Tw** isn't?

I mean, I'm not doing anything wrong.

I stated and defended my opinion while people constantly called me names. I don't get this. Way to promote a community.
#39 Posted by Renegade_v2 (128 posts) -
Cube said:
"LinkOwnz said:
"wow....everyone of this kids comments have like 4 or 5 (-).....LMAO, The ban hammer's coming "
Expressing and defending an opinion is grounds for banning but being called a C**** and a Tw** isn't?

I mean, I'm not doing anything wrong.

I stated and defended my opinion while people constantly called me names. I don't get this. Way to promote a community.
"
expressing opionions is one thing.....arguing like a moron while being proven wrong OVER and OVER is acting like a cunt / twat.

the community would be better without people like you
#40 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Renegade_v2 said:
"Cube said:
"LinkOwnz said:
"wow....everyone of this kids comments have like 4 or 5 (-).....LMAO, The ban hammer's coming "
Expressing and defending an opinion is grounds for banning but being called a C**** and a Tw** isn't?

I mean, I'm not doing anything wrong.

I stated and defended my opinion while people constantly called me names. I don't get this. Way to promote a community.
"
expressing opionions is one thing.....arguing like a moron while being proven wrong OVER and OVER is acting like a cunt / twat.

the community would be better without people like you"
Still waiting for you to tell me where I was proven wrong.

You're just being insulting. Cut it out.

I come here for intelligent discussion, not insults.



-

So, back on topic.


The ad was pretty creative and will make a lot of people intrigued. Not too sure it's my thing.

Neither are any others companies ads, though. All I feel when I see Nintendo/Sony/MS commercials is "Hmm...cool".

#41 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -

Give Cube a break guys.

#42 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
MrMiyagi said:
"Give Cube a break guys.

"
I need to talk to you.
#43 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -
Cube said:
"MrMiyagi said:
"Give Cube a break guys.

"
I need to talk to you."
Steam me my friend.
#44 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

Didn't some random guy make it with toys from Burger King?

#45 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -

You guys hid every single on of his posts? Come on... that's not fair.

#46 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

I'm putting and end to this. Needless insulting and... I don't know, post griefing is, well, needless!