Hauppauge HD PVR

surgevolt26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can someone out there please tell me if the hauppauge HD PVR can be used on TV'S that doesn't have HD ?

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Which model are you asking about specifically? I have the HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition and it comes with an extra input cable that handles both Component and Composite video. I want to say the original HD PVR also has composite, but I'm not sure.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The passthrough? Pretty sure you need a TV matching the resolution of the input heading into it. Don't bother with HDMI to Component converters or vice versa unless you're ready to spend the price of a TV that has 1080p support on getting one that doesn't introduce too much display-lag for even a puzzle game to handle.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition (that I have) only has HD out. The PVR 1 has Component out (the RGB plugs) and "they say" that if you use your Yellow video plug in the blue Component socket, the SD signal gets sent through. Dunno what that'd do for image quality though. Do you really want a Hauppauge? cause I believe Avermedia and such may have some better options for you if you don't have a (free) HDMI port in your TV.