• 131 results
#101 Edited by WiredFolf (84 posts) -

Sergei Dekker : "I'll see your friend in hell..."

John Mullins : "Say hi to him for me." *Shoots down an industrial rigging, cutting Sergei in half*

- Soldier of Fortune

And of course...

Sovereign : "...You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it..."

- Mass Effect

#102 Posted by Jagged85 (128 posts) -
#103 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
#104 Edited by Ezakael (911 posts) -

So I guess I'd become what they wanted me to be, a killer. Some rent-a-clown with a gun who puts holes in other bad guys. Well that's what they had paid for, so in the end that's what they got. Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry gringo without the sensibilities to know right from wrong. Here I was about to execute this poor bastard like some dime store angel of death and I realized they were correct, I wouldn't know right from wrong if one of them was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister...

-Max Payne 3

#105 Posted by Kovie (198 posts) -

Has anyone made the Cave Story joke yet? If not, then that's my answer.

#106 Posted by Acura_Max (58 posts) -

Kitty got Wet!

-Nathan Drake

#107 Posted by vasylkoB317 (57 posts) -

"You win again technology"- Captain Qwark

#108 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Quotes are in bold. The whole ending scene from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. That whole scene is just fantastic.

"All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

-Cave Johnson, Portal 2

everything from Portal 2.

This.

#109 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

In Far Cry 3

Innocent villager "the lilies are in bloom" - proceeds to be murdered viciously by a crocodile.

#110 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

"You failed humanity... Nice job!"

#111 Posted by Jagged85 (128 posts) -
#112 Posted by Snail (8579 posts) -

"Yes."

- Captain Falcon

#113 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

"Who turn out de lightsss!?"

#114 Posted by Maajin (1052 posts) -

"Jammin'!"

-ToeJam

#115 Posted by cthomer5000 (743 posts) -

There was a line in Catherine that got an 'oh..shit!' reaction out of me. Minor spoilers ahead....

It was during the confrontation, and Catherine said "If you work hard enough to get something, you'll get it. Well, he worked me hard and he got me."

I was impressed that the game was so adult in tone. It was turning point in the game, and it's the type of line that would have led to a similarly hair-pulling type cat-fight in real life. I was caught off guard by how genuinely adult and edgy the writing was there. Excellent translation work too, i assume. I doubt the expression would translate literally.

#116 Posted by jerseyscum (861 posts) -

"Do you ever ask what it's all for? The surveillance, the police, the shoot-on-sight laws? Is that freedom?"- (Leo Gold) Deus Ex

"Do you not trust the feelings of the flesh? Our biology yearns to join with yours. We welcome you to our mass. But you puzzle us. Why do you serve our mother? How can you choose cold metal over the splendor of the flesh? But you fear us. We hear your thoughts, and they rage for your brothers who you believe dead. But they are not. They sing in our symphony of life. We offer another chance to join us. If you choose to lie down with the machine, we will rend you apart, and put you separate from the joys of the mass." (The Many) System Shock 2

"Courtney Sheldon was a corpsman, Roy. He served his country! He went out with a medical kit and an Army .45 and into places that made the Valley of Death look like a picnic. He was either naive enough or dumb enough to get involved in the Suburban Development Fund along with the mayor, D.A., Monroe, and a certain crooked cop. He was involved in the morphine heist, but he has a puncture wound in his jugular, which makes it a murder case. He was a better man than you'll ever know. You say one more word about him and I will BLOW YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF!"

: (Cole Phelps) LA Noire

"Look at me, I'm standing in a nightclub, listening to music I can't stand, I'm five thousand miles from home, I'm armed and I'm drinking. You don't want to listen to advice from me, amigo."- Max Payne 3

#117 Posted by Winternet (8005 posts) -

So, I'm just gonna drop some Max Payne quotes all willy-nilly over here:

"The sun went down with practiced bravado. Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding." (what does that even mean? I don't know, but it's awesome)

"I might have laughed, if I had remembered how."

"On a night like this you couldn't help but think of the dark army of dead men, sleeping with the fishes, cement shoes in line. No minotaur lurked in this labyrinth, but somewhere out there, on the clanking deck of his cargo freighter, the skipper of the Charon was waiting, like the ferryman of the river Styx." (Damn, Max. Damn.)

"You'd find that Lady Luck was really a hooker, and you were fresh out of cash." (How awesome is this one?)

"He was trying to buy more sand for his hour glass. I wasn't selling any."

#118 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Winternet: These are all awesome. They must have had staff there whose sole duty it was to write this stuff all day.

#119 Posted by Winternet (8005 posts) -

@mandude: Yep. And they did it again with Max Payne 2. Here are some of the best quotes from the second game:

"Everything had started out as black and white. Somewhere down the road, the line went blurry. The colors started to run, got smudged and gray."

"Kissing her, I think of the cold laws of cause and effect."

"The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper, more terrible it grows behind you, its edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love, or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off." (this one makes me shiver when it's voiced during the game. So good)

"All this time we got the fable of Sleeping Beauty wrong. The prince didn't kiss her to wake her up. No one who slept for a hundred years is likely to wake up. It was the other way round. He kisses her to wake himself up from the nightmare that has brought him there."

"The past is a puzzle, like a broken mirror. As you piece it together, you cut yourself, your image keeps shifting. And you change with it. It could destroy you, drive you mad. It could set you free."

"The things that I want", by Max Payne. A smoke. A whiskey. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My wife and baby girl back. Unlimited ammo and a license to kill. Right then, more than anything, I wanted her."

"Like always, the dead had all the answers I was missing. It wasn't that they weren't eager to talk; quite the contrary, the dead had plenty to say and once they started, they would never shut up. Their words would keep you awake at night."

#120 Posted by fraser (478 posts) -
#121 Posted by Jagged85 (128 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Jagged85 said:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Colonel: "I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

That shit legit freaked me out. I was playing late at night and at first I had no idea what was going on. So bizarre.

Indeed. It was so surreal and mind-boggling... One of the greatest moments in video game history!

#122 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4285 posts) -

"You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect 1

#123 Edited by DrIntrovert (81 posts) -

"This is sickening, you sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!" - Kefka, Final Fantasy VI

"Well you found me. Congratulations. Was it worth it? Because, despite your violent behavior, the only thing you've managed to break so far is my heart." - Glados, Portal

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!" - Battle text, Earthbound

"OBJECTION! I object! That was... objectionable! - Miles Egdeworth - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

HP/MP restored! But you're still hungry... - Chrono Trigger, Future-health-restoring-machine-that-I-can't-remember-the-name-of

Also +1 on the Andrew Ryan speech from Bioshock.

Edit: added a quote

#124 Posted by clush (410 posts) -

Rise and shine, mr. Freeman. Rise and shine. - G-man, Halflife 2

You look like you need a monkey. - Street salesman, No One Lives Forever 2

Go for the eyes, Boo! - Minsc, Baldur's Gate

Shake it, baby! - Tanya, C&C Red Alert

Turn around, walk away, blow town. That would've been the smart thing to do. Guess I wasn't that smart. - Max Payne, Max Payne

#125 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

heavy rain, when jason leaves. jason, jaason JASSON. i remember just kept on pushing what ever button was to yell it.

#126 Posted by shadowwolf9 (158 posts) -

Sovereign : We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

- Mass Effect

#127 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -
#128 Edited by ominousbedroom (230 posts) -

"Welcome to the Velvet Room."  
- Igor, SMT: Persona Series. 

EDIT: Forgot to add "Bitches." - Tohru Adachi, Persona 4.

#129 Posted by mutantgenius (11 posts) -

"Were it so easy"

-The Arbiter, Halo 3

#130 Posted by RecSpec (3763 posts) -

"A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool."  
-Reno, Final Fantasy VII

#131 Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6087 posts) -

"War, war never changes." -Fallout

"When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me... but they try." -Full Throttle

"My name is Larry. Larry Laffer. Heh heh!" -Leisure Suit Larry

"Run, you pigeons! It's Robert Frost!" -Grim Fandango

"So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato!" -Portal 2

"Nice view! Wanna make out? Two gruff military dudes in an elevator, snuggling out their troubles in a totally hetero way?" -Bulletstorm

"Take a lick on the salty taint of doom, you brain-dead biker whores!" -Also Bulletstorm. Can we just go ahead and include everything from Bulletstorm? Mmmkay. Thanks.