Have y'all ever romanced someone of the same sex in a game?

• 143 results
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Animasta

I am talking character sex not your own

also I should've said gender but whatever

also Asari don't count shut up

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Animasta said:

I am talking character sex not your own

Good, because otherwise, things would have gotten kinda confusing.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

Ugh. Can you post this on the beta site so I can flag it?

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jsnyder82

In a game, AND in real life.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Animasta

@AlexW00d said:

what's wrong with it?

why do you hate romance

WHY DO YOU HATE LOVE

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. I swear I've romanced traps before but no names come to mind.

But, yeah! Fuck it why not?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I voted no and then remembered my female wood elf in Skyrim totes boned down with Aela The Huntress.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By bacongames

By my logic, playing characters that are heterosexual because they reflect how I am in terms of sexual orientation leads me to deliberately avoid starting relations with a character of the same sex. I don't think that's homophobic at all so I went with that but I'm okay with other people maybe thinking otherwise. Just wanted to err on the side of full disclosure.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PillClinton

D, but I almost did in Mass Effect 3 by accident. Cortez was just a really nice dude, ya know?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Animasta

@BaconGames said:

By my logic, playing characters that are heterosexual because they reflect how I am in terms of sexual orientation leads me to deliberately avoid starting relations with a character of the same sex. I don't think that's homophobic at all so I went with that but I'm okay with other people maybe thinking otherwise. Just wanted to err on the side of full disclosure.

Nah, I don't think so; if you're invested in the character as an aspect of your own personality, than it'd be weird for your character to do something you yourself wouldn't.

@PillClinton: cortez was way better than traynor, femshep gets the short end of the stick again :(

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Oldirtybearon

There was that one time in Dragon Age: Origins where I wanted the achievement for romancing Zevran but I don't like playing as female PCs so I gaymanced him.

I was actually kinda smitten after really delving into his back story as well as following his romance plotline. Dude was a solid character and I liked him a lot.

@Animasta said:

@BaconGames said:

Nah, I don't think so; if you're invested in the character as an aspect of your own personality, than it'd be weird for your character to do something you yourself wouldn't.

@PillClinton: cortez was way better than traynor, femshep gets the short end of the stick again :(

Lesbian FemShep should technically get no stick ifyouknowhatimsayin'

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Tylea002

If you play Fable and you don't do this at least once, you're doing fable wrong.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By MoonlightMoth

It tends to be A with me, if I like a character and can romance him or her, I tend to do it. Gender has never really been an issue.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Animasta

@Oldirtybearon: boom!

really though she's terrible compared to cortez, it was a bummer....and the sex scene was even more embarassing then they usually are. the DAO ones are great if only because of the gay dwarf/zevran sex scene

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Animasta said:

@Oldirtybearon: boom!

really though she's terrible compared to cortez, it was a bummer....and the sex scene was even more embarassing then they usually are. the DAO ones are great if only because of the gay dwarf/zevran sex scene

I agree with you about Cortez being better than Traynor. Hell, he's probably better than most Bioware romance buddies. There's a weird earnest nature to him that's disarming as all hell. Traynor is more just token empowered chick with no real arc and no justification for having as many lines as she does. I'd rather have had Kelly Chambers back in that saddle (and I didn't even like Kelly that much).

And yeah, that sex scene with Traynor was mighty pandering.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EuanDewar

i fuck dudes all the time

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ckeats

In P3P I played as a female protagonist and I bumped boxes with Elizabeth. All the guys sucked on a boneable level.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Animasta

@ckeats said:

In P3P I played as a female protagonist and I bumped boxes with Elizabeth. All the guys sucked on a boneable level.

how could you not romance shinji you heartless monster

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jimbo

My FemShep ain't need no man.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@Animasta said:

@ckeats said:

how could you not romance shinji you heartless monster

You only really develop a relationship with him over the course of a month anyway. I read up on what happens when you max S. link with him and that sounds sooo lame.
BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By BBAlpert

@Jimbo said:

"Attention Yeoman Chambers, please report to Commander Shepard's quarters for... fish feeding duty."

Dauthi693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dauthi693

@Jimbo said:

+1 As a man playing FemShep how could i not romance a woman.

Edit: Ok Garrus would be the only Man i would consider. The rest? "Yawn"

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By s10129107

The mean Elf from Dragonage was all up in my Business. I had to put him down gently. That was the closest I ever got. Also, what do you mean by homophobic. I think when people say that they really mean bigoted towards gays. I don't think anybody is actually afraid of them... well unless they have guns and are angry. Is it homophobia to have a queazy feeling about a guy sexing you, I dont think so. If i'm offput about having sex with Oprah, does that mean i'm scared of Oprah? I didnt really know what you meant there is what i'm trying to say.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By crusader8463

First time through Dragon Age I went with Zevran. Not afraid to admit I'm gay for that guy. He was easily one of the most interesting characters in the game and when I finally got him to bed with my Dwarf Lord I gave a little fist pump. I tend to play lady characters most of the time however, and in most games my lady ends up being gay because I rarely find the male love options for her to be interesting. Maybe female players would see something that I don't, but I just find them to mostly fall flat story wise and find the lady options far more fleshed out.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Slurpelve

I had same sex in Mass Effect series and The Sims.

AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AyKay_47

Wait a minute.

Are you trying to say that "My dude isn't into boning other dudes" is homophobic? Or does it fall under reasons that are not homophobic, such as "dude's an asshole, drunk, coward, etc".

If I always play a male character, and never want male on male romance, am I homophobic? Or am I considering "male" as a negative quality or a "turn off" in a romantic partner?

In part, I just want to know which way to vote, but the semantic implications here are kinda rubbing me the wrong way.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Roger778

I just remembered that I once romanced Zevran as a male Elf in Dragon Age Origins.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Justin258

@s10129107 said:

The mean Elf from Dragonage was all up in my Business. I had to put him down gently. That was the closest I ever got. Also, what do you mean by homophobic. I think when people say that they really mean bigoted towards gays. I don't think anybody is actually afraid of them... well unless they have guns and are angry. Is it homophobia to have a queazy feeling about a guy sexing you, I dont think so. If i'm offput about having sex with Oprah, does that mean i'm scared of Oprah? I didnt really know what you meant there is what i'm trying to say.

Sounds like you're trying to say "Just 'cause I always play straight characters don't mean I'm no homophobe."

To be honest, sex in games is always, always, always shown awkwardly so I hardly ever really try for it in games that have it. Plus it feels kinda creepy to me, a game asks you to pick a partner and then it's really easy to... er... get down to business because all you've got to do is pick the right options and the person in question will bone with you no matter what you've done in the game. Maybe it should have more to do with your actions instead of just a game of picking the right option?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mutha3

Shinji4lyfe

romancing in games is dumb, though.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ThePencil

I did the Fenris romance on my man-ho Hawke ( who ended up boning Isabela along the way before settling with Merrill anyway) for the lulz and because, y'know, wine. I did the Anders romance just to break that buggers heart the morning after (laughing gleefully at his retort) before insulting him further and going with Merrill again. Had a DA:O dwarf that did the Zevran romance and then IMMEDIATELY DELETED SAID DWARF BECAUSE OMG? WTF? Cortez is actually kind of interesting, so I might get around to having a BeardShep romance him. Usually when I'm playing any female characters I romance the female counterpart (Lelliana/Liara/Kelly/Isabela and, ofc, Merrill) because the male counterparts don't ever really fit imo.

Though all that being said there is always Serendipity at the Bloming Rose in DA2.

No Caption Provided

Its a trap!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By TruthTellah

Aw man, Asari doesn't count? *flips over this thread*

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By audiosnow

@AlexW00d said:

Wait, we can flag polls in the beta?!

Goodbye, giantbomb.com, hello, seaserpent.giantbomb.com!

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dungbootle

Yes. I am bisexual

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By Hunter5024

All lesbian, all the time! I romanced Aigis and Elizabeth in Persona Portable, Leiliana and Isabela in one of my DAO playthroughs, Merill and Isabela in one of my DA2 playthroughs (I tried to screw everybody because if you just so happen to have a party of 5 bisexuals why waste the opportunity?), and had some female Sims woohoo. It's mostly just because I like playing girls, am bad at roleplaying, and don't like banging guys. Although in my first Dragon Age playthrough Leiliana died, and I wanted to try the romance system anyways so I had my main character choose Alistair and that actually made my ending far more tragic.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Animasta

@s10129107: there's a difference between you and a character.

would I ever enter a romantic relationship with traynor? no because she barely has any personality besides her british accent.but I did it in game because I was interested in seeing what it was like.

if you wanna put yourself into the character fine but not everyone does that.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CaLe

The only game I can think of (that I played) which allowed for this was Mass Effect 3. I didn't like any of the male romance options so no, I didn't go for them. I have nothing against it.. If it felt natural and unforced then why not. Shepard does seem pretty straight though.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EnduranceFun

Insulting poll.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Animasta

@EnduranceFun said:

Insulting poll.

what is so insulting about it?

or are you just interested in spamming

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By buwchbach

I feel that if chose to go for a homosexual relationship in a game, it's half-informed by my sexuality. How much the couple makes sense definitely factors into it, though I do kind of love watching people not be heterosexual and partly breaking the "this is a game and the main character must be white and a man and very much heterosexual and masculine" rule makes me happy.

But, you know, in Persona 4, I choose for Charlie to go out with Chie because in my Persona 4 game Charlie thinks Chie is the coolest person on earth ever and she thinks he's pretty cool too, soooo.... yeah.

SEXUALITY IS A CONFUSING AND FLUID CONCEPT, EVEN IN THE EXCITING NEW WORLD OF INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT.

Spike_Kojima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Spike_Kojima

Every game that gives me the choice i play as a woman. Also always pick a lady romance partner if given the choice.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Nope.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DizzyMedal

I live in hope that in Dragon Age 3 at some point I get a scene where my Grey Warden and his elven boyfriend meet up with my Kirkwall Champion and his elven boyfriend. The boyfriends have already met, after all.

I don't even expect to play as either of the MCs from the other games, I just want them to meet (and I should probably stress I want them to meet and nothing more ... except now I'm thinking about it... huh).

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#44  Edited By Yummylee

I went gay with Zevran in Dragon Age and lez with Traynor in ME3. I was also planning on going pro homo (GET IT, IT'S LIKE PRO BONO JUST...) with Anders in DA2 for my third playthrough, but I just couldn't play anymore of that game.

I think I also snogged some guys in Canis Canem Edit as well. Also, Sims.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gaminghooligan

yep. fuck it why not :)

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Accidentally romanced the goddamn elf man on my male human warrior in DragonAge: Origins.

What followed was a cringe-worthy minute or two of unskippable cutscene. Not because I am horribly taken aback by homosexual activity, but because I was not prepared to see my excessively hairy, muscled man-man getting it on with the prissy elf.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#47  Edited By StarvingGamer

I guess sort of B? I play games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect through a handful of times as each gender just to try and see all the different choices I could make, romance or otherwise.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By Phatmac

I almost made love with Cortez since I was picking paragon all the time. I can't remember any other situations like that.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NegativeCero

I did in Dragon Age Origins with that (very easy) elf rogue. Other than that, no because my two Shepards went with characters and stuck with them.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By Phatmac

I'd be Kanji's lover in persona 4 since he's my favorite character though.