Have You Ever Fallen Asleep While Playing A Video Game?

• 149 results
Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I basically marathoned BioShock in one sitting over a scorching hot summer night and towards the end, at an area some while before the final boss, I dozed off for a bit. Still managed to get myself back to together and finish the game before really going to bed, though!

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Rebel_Scum

i had a mate who back in the day fell asleep playing FFVII whilst drinking and smoking weed. He said he woke up, controller in hand and kept playing whilst finishing his warm beer.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

How the fuck are you supposed to fall asleep while playing a videogame? I understand movies, but in games you need to actually concentrate. I guess it's just me, but as long as my mind is actively registering what I do I just can't do that. Would be nice, though.

Emilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Emilie

Haha no.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By emem

Nope.

SpecDotSign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By SpecDotSign

@JoyfullOFrockets said:

How the fuck are you supposed to fall asleep while playing a videogame? I understand movies, but in games you need to actually concentrate. I guess it's just me, but as long as my mind is actively registering what I do I just can't do that. Would be nice, though.

Weird, but it does happen. I remember in the 8th grade after school I was playing Pokemon Colosseum (I think that was the name...the one where you put your RED or BLUE version in an expansion pack in the back of the N64 controller). I was in the middle of an intense battle and then zzzzzzz... all I remember was that I woke up and my Articuno was just flying there waiting for my command.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Alkaiser

Any time I tried to play Front Mission 4 I would fall asleep about an hour in. I don't know why, but I guess I just found it incredibly boring which is weird since FM3 is one of my favorite games of all time.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By falserelic

@JoyfullOFrockets said:

For me I either was tired or the game bored the hell out of me. Most games I can play without breaking my concentration. But if there's nothing to give me a reason to concentrate. Then eventually I'll end up in the dreamworld. Then have a dream within another dream. Its weird but it happens to me sometimes.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#109  Edited By TobbRobb

Never with a game, I can only remember involuntarily falling asleep doing something twice "I fall asleep on the bus all the time, but that is on purpose". Once watching Terminator 2 "Dunno how that happened", and I woke up once with the GB player asking if I was still there. Probably watched an old TNT or something.

Otherwise I have a hard enough time falling asleep anyhow, that any interference, like screen brightness or varied sounds would make me completely unable to fall asleep

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By falserelic

@TobbRobb said:

Never with a game, I can only remember involuntarily falling asleep doing something twice "I fall asleep on the bus all the time, but that is on purpose". Once watching Terminator 2 "Dunno how that happened", and I woke up once with the GB player asking if I was still there. Probably watched an old TNT or something.

Otherwise I have a hard enough time falling asleep anyhow, that any interference, like screen brightness or varied sounds would make me completely unable to fall asleep

For me I could never fall asleep on the bus. I had so many bad experiences with Detroit's public buses its unreal...

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By TobbRobb

@falserelic: Well, going only on reputation and rumor. My neighbourhood sounds like the polar opposite of Detroit. I would be incredibly suprised to even hear a rumor of someone getting robbed, it just doesn't happen.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112  Edited By Chris2KLee

I've nodded off here and there, but never fallen asleep and woken up with the system on or anything.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By falserelic

@TobbRobb said:

@falserelic: Well, going only on reputation and rumor. My neighbourhood sounds like the polar opposite of Detroit. I would be incredibly suprised to even hear a rumor of someone getting robbed, it just doesn't happen.

That's good to hear. As for me I've seen alot of crazy stuff. Detroit has its bad and good side. I don't live in the city no more, but when I did I had alot of bad experiences. I live in a new city now and it feels like I'm in a different world. Beautiful city with nice people and places to explore. Anyway I should probably stick on subject with the topic.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By aspaceinvader

Yeah did that loads of times, have also been playing when I was knackered and could see what was going on in the game pressing buttons but my brain was not registering what was going on, it was blank. Totally surreal feeling.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By Arbie

Haha I've fallen asleep playing games way too many times. Usually when I reach a cut scene or when I'm reading some quest information. I remember falling asleep a bunch when grinding in WoW. It's actually not that hard to do if you're really tired or have just spent a long time on a game.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#116  Edited By bacongames

If I ever did it was playing my GBA in bed. Again don't really knew if it ever happened but even if it did I couldn't remember the game.

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By phrosen

Sometimes when I play Forza for a while I get sleepy, and I close my eyes longer than is safe while operating a vehicle, I usually take that as a sign to quit. But I have never fallen all the way asleep.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#118  Edited By halberdierv2

@BaconGames said:

If I ever did it was playing my GBA in bed. Again don't really knew if it ever happened but even if it did I couldn't remember the game.

alll the time. would wake up to find me in the middle of a pokemon battle, or the battery drained.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#119  Edited By sparklykiss

I have a ton to single player games like Fallout 3 or something when I go to explore. Hated when I'd wake up dead or something.

And a few times during CoD4 matches a few years back. It was more of me nodding off and just walking into a wall, woke up to people screaming or laughing at me, soooooo I don't do that anymore at all.

grayfox1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By grayfox1210

The only time I fell asleep while playing a game was Devil Mar Cry 1 at the beginning of the game. However I didn't go to sleep that previous night.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By BlueLantern1995

If playing the game while asleep counts then Yes I have...if not then no.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#122  Edited By Svenzon

Fell asleep during the self-destruct scene in Metroid Prime and the whole thing continued in my dreams. Woke up to a Game Over screen and I could barely figure out what had happened.

Something similar happened when I had borrowed Star Ocean 2 from a friend. I nodded off when Claude sees Rena for the first time. Since I'd never played the game before, my brain decided to make the rest up while I was sleeping. The actual scene was nothing like the one I dreamed.

Last game I fell asleep to was Xenoblade. After struggling to stay awake for nearly an hour I gave up and went to bed.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By seannao

Halo 1 Co-Op allnighter blind run on Heroic.

Library.

Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#124  Edited By Clairabel

I fell asleep playing Pokemon Yellow when I was much younger. My dad found me curled up in bed with my Game Boy and the volume up loud.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#125  Edited By brownsfantb

I passed out playing Unlimited Saga for the PS2. That game was soooooo boring.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By frankfartmouth

The only time I remember straight falling asleep with a controller in my hands was one time when I was drunk trying to show my friend KOTOR. I'd already beaten it, I was just trying to show him how awesome it was. Then I passed out.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By _Zombie_

I also recall trying to press through Old World Blues at 2 in the morning. Bad idea. Passed out when I reached the halfway mark.

Kaiserhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Kaiserhawk

Vice city

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By falserelic

@Kaiserhawk said:

Vice city

I fell asleep playing GTA 3 once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fell asleep playing Halo once.

RedHatDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#131  Edited By RedHatDrew

Almost, but I always catch myself nodding off, at which point I save, turn off the TV, and sleep on the couch until the girlfriend tells me to come to bed.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Solh0und

Two Worlds 2 did that to me.

Avatar image for hardcorebunni93
hardcorebunni93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By hardcorebunni93

@falserelic said:

I remember fallen asleep while playing Soul Reaver 2 along time ago. That game started off with long cut scenes that I couldn't skip. Before I knew it I slowly passed out. I Woke up the next day just to have my brother laughing at me.

He said I was playing the game while I was sleeping. He even video recorded me with the camera while I was sleep. I watched the vid and I scared the hell out of myself. I was taping random bottoms I looked possessed it freaked me out. I called my brother an asshole for recording me.

Am I really the only one who's more interested in this video than in this thread?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#134  Edited By Karl_Boss

I don't think so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo 3. I just can't stay awake playing it.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#136  Edited By wafflez

I can't remember any.. but I'm sure I have a time or two 

razielrioux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#137  Edited By razielrioux

Fallen asleep mid-battle in Xenogears. The best one is when I was playing Mass Effect 1 and had been awake for 27 hours (Thanks in no small part to Tim Hortons with a few espresso shots and Rockstar Energy Drinks) and I was driving around on the Mako on the Ice planet, and I fell asleep while holding the left stick. I dozed off just as the Mako caught on fire going over a cliff.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MrKlorox

Not anymore since I started playing most of my games at my PC desk. Back when I used the couch or the bed, yeah I would fall asleep from time to time. Now if I end up nodding off, I'll feel it in my equilibrium since I'm sitting up at all times.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#139  Edited By psykhophear

Embarrassingly, yes. Metal Gear Solid 4 made me doze off a few time, especially at the very end with its lengthy cutscenes.

volemaulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By volemaulder

I had fallen asleep once playing the first Xenosaga. I was a bit tired, but, having made it through gaming sessions way more tired than that, I decided to give it a try before going to bed. Big mistake.

Then I gave it a try all rested and caffeinated. Ended up playing drums on the couch pillows. Probably one of the most boring games I've ever played. And I somewhat enjoyed MGS 4, so it's not that I have anything against long cut scenes. I watch them regurarly in cinema, as well.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By sodapop7

League of Legends. Half beer, half I really didn't click with that game.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Chop

I've only done it while playing portable games. Last time I remember doing it was when I was grinding my way through Devil Survivor.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#143  Edited By Slag

I have a couple times playing games on Nintendo DS. I used to play before going to Sleep with the lights off, I've since learned that's not a good idea.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#144  Edited By JCTango

@falserelic: only times I fall asleep or get close to falling asleep is when I'm playing an MMO during a grind / loot farming session.

I don't play MMO's much anymore... if at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb7058c6151
deactivated-5ecb7058c6151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many times , but the worse case was with viva pinata which i fell asleep twice!

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#146  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Limbo makes me tired.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By jillsandwich

I fell asleep during the first night of Mass Effect 3. I had performed Fiddler on the Roof twice at my school in one day, and I really should have gone to bed, but god damn it, I had Mass Effect, and I was going to play it.

I went up the cabin to feed my fish, and then it was morning.

500xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By 500xp

ALL THE TIME

Recently ive been falling asleep playing mass effect 3 multiplayer (sorry teammates) or skyrim.

this is especially true with fb chat as well, where i'll leave a long trail of letters and or numbers in the chat window where my face fell onto the keyboard. usually my dreams trick me into believing that im still engaged in whatever it is that I was doing before dozing off, but then the inevitable insanity and randomness that is every dream that i have ever had ever kicks in and i realize that i did in fact fall sleep, which will cause me to snap back awake

BigDaddyDre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By BigDaddyDre

It has actually happens to me all the time. Most of the time I end up falling asleep while playing NHL 12. It's great when my brother starts skating up ice for a pass, and I'm just standing by the boards not moving and getting crushed..lol.

One time was when we were playing Mortal Kombat Mythologies. It is a scrolling game where both players must move at the same time, so my brother was trying to move on, and he must've ran in place for at least a minute before he realized I was knocked the fuck out..:).

I think the best one was when my buddy and I decided to pick up Smuggler's Run after a party. I took one of the biggest jumps on the particular level and was asleep before the car hit the ground. Once I hit, it just stopped dead...lol

For some reason, I never fall asleep whilst playing games for myself, but once I start playing a co-op game, it;s zzzz city.