Have you ever finished a game you actively disliked?

• 147 results
KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By KingPossum

Final Fantasy XIII for me this year.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By awesomeusername
@LordAndrew: You think that Yu-Gi-Oh was bad? How about Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories? That game was the hardest game I've ever played in my life! It's impossible to beat it. They'd give you 50 cards with all having 500 attack and then the bad guys had cards with like 3000! That game was impossible. I doubt it has ever been beaten.
cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By cnlmullen

Grandia 2. 

I loved the original Grandia enough for it carry me over to beating the second. 

But the magic was gone.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104  Edited By JoeyRavn

Metroid Prime 2. Loved the first one, loved the third one. I completely loathe the second one.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#105  Edited By blackbird415

I know Ive done it I just cant remember what :P

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Shadow

Many.  To be fair though, I did it all for achievement points.  I would never do that sort of thing if not for gamerscore.

Squeedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Squeedom
@Allprox: Yup Assassins Creed. Also made that mistake with Assassins creed 2, luckily I realized my mistake before I finished that bore.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By Brians

Nope

Avatar image for deactivated-649f07b15d7b8
deactivated-649f07b15d7b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Assassin's Creed 2 and Uncharted 2.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110  Edited By JJOR64

Forced myself to finish Afro Samurai.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By niamahai
@drewmaw said:
" Yes, Assassin's Creed 2 and Uncharted 2. "
you...you have no heart!

kidding

for me 2010:
K&L 2 
FF13
MGS 4
rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By rflx

I barely even finish games that I like.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113  Edited By Evilsbane
@shadowknight508 said:
" I could not stand Resistance: Fall of Man (2006), but I kept grinding thru it and eventually beat it after a week or so. "
Nah, I got about an hour into that game and quit, but I was like, MAYBE the 2nd one is better....nope...
Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I managed to slug through Uncharted 2 and Enslaved.  I finished them both because people were waiting on me to finish them up and I knew I would probably never see those games again, but still.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Chop

Dead Space 
Zelda: Wind Waker  
Final Fantasy 9 and 13 
Devil May Cry 4 
SMT: Nocturne  
Halo 3 
Disgaea   

I'm sure there are a lot more early generation games but I this is all I can remember atm. 

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Hot_Karl

Yup, and the reason is the same: For the achievements.  

Hated Mirror's Edge. What a misfire that game ended up being. I forced myself multiple times to finish that game. I did it and only got about 300 points for the effort. I don't want to crap on that game, because this isn't the right place for it, but man... 
Took me a lot to finish Halo 3 and God of War II as well. Both game's single player stories were completely underwhelming compared to their predecessors. At least ODST is fun. 
 Almost finished The Incredible Hulk (based on the 2008 movie) on my PS3 before I realized that the game was complete dogshit, taking way too long to beat, and it had no Trophies whatsoever, so I didn't feel bad about not finishing it.

smokemare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#117  Edited By smokemare

I tend to switch to something else, then come back later to finish a game that's bad when I've ran out of things to play.  I think if you are a professional game journalist reviewing a game, you really need to set out with the intention of finishing it before you write a review.  I can sympathize though - some games just stop being fun after a while, after about 10 minutes if we're talking about Hydrophobia...

I really wouldn't like to have had to sit down and try to finish that in one sitting.  I keep going back to it in dribs and drabs - I paid for those points/that game - and I damn well want to see all of it!  Having said that at the moment I'd be more inclined to burn two hours playing KKND on a DOSBOX on the PC than bore myself cack-less with the totally uninspiring Hydrophobia.  I'll probably finish it - I'm desperate to see what the outisde of the vessel looks like!  Having said that - Satan might be ice-skating to work on the day that I enjoy it... Finishing it is probably part of me sado-masochist side coming into play... Or some sub-conscious guilt about something feeling that i need to punsh myself.. I'll finish it - one day....

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By lucas_kelly

Halo Reach. The campaign was absolutely terrible.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I own a ps3 and I don't like most of the exclusives, I could list all of them, however that's pointless. There was one game in particular that really make me want to throw the controller. I rented resistance 2 because the gamerankings score was the same as the last game, so I assumed nothing improved. I thought resistance fall of man was a good game because it's not like totally linear as the second game. I also couldn't find a copy in stores so I thought  maybe i'll just rent it instead. Turns out I died a hundred times in a row because if you weren't standing at the right place ted price wants you to stand, your dead. It's actually that linear, standing in the right place and shooting is what keeps you alive. This game is more linear than portals if that's true. I still wanted to find out what happens, I just kept putting myself through this game. Also there are times where you think you are making progress then with this stand in the wrong place thing, there are like a ton of bigger enemies. I ask myself, does isominac even test their games or does ted price test out the games for them instead? Seriously, it takes like five headshots to kill any of these creatures. I have played a ton of fps games and non of them besides this game, or half life... was as cheap and unfair as this game. I want to write ted price an email asking for an appology for wasting my time and rental money.

Bananenbrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Bananenbrot

hm, gta4 was terrible if you ask me. cod3 was buggy as hell in campaign. other finished games whose werent much fun at all: the darkness, super paper mario & halo wars...

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Definitely the first Assassins Creed.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By chrissedoff

i finished too human

hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#123  Edited By hostile

A mixture of wanting to get more trophies/achievements and wanting to be the type of person to finish games has made me finish a few games that I was getting pissed off at.

mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#124  Edited By mau64

plenty of times either to get achievements out of it or for doing a review of one for a website.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#125  Edited By JJWeatherman

Rock Revolution comes to mind. I did it for the achievements. Usually I wouldn't do that, but I do like rhythm games, so I wanted to give it an honest shake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Assassin's Creed. 
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent.
Yoshi's Island DS.

They weren't the worst games in the world but they were pretty damn boring at times. Yoshi's Island DS is a pretty big disappointment if you've played and loved the original like me. :/

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#127  Edited By Dimsey

I'm sure I have at some point, but for the life of me I can't think of any. 

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By artelinarose

God of War 3. I hated that game, but for whatever dumbass reason went through it all of the way. Probably to justify the money I spent on it, but in the end, I just felt ripped off.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#129  Edited By mylifeforAiur
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#130  Edited By Tordah

It happens every now and then, not so much because I actively hate the game, but because I get bored of it before the end. The Quake 2: Ground Zero expansion is the most recent example I can think of. Games that are not story-driven in the slighest are the hardest one to pull yourself through if you don't care much for the gameplay.

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Hairy_Fish

I'm sure I did. But I usually only have one new game at a time so I have no choice but to commit to it. So yeah, lack of money.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#132  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Not really =\ 
I usually pass it onto my friend if I don't like it and just watch him finish it. 
Shumian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Shumian

Halo 2's campaign, it just felt tedious, long and when the end came I just felt like throwing my controller at the screen because I sincerely felt as if I had lost my time during the whole game for nothing....

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#134  Edited By monkeyking1969

By the end of Metal Gear 2 I hated that game, but I just wanted to be done with it.  I have never played another Metal Gear game since then because they all seemed to get  utterly & unyielding dumber while the fans more adamant that the games were great.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#135  Edited By Bennyishere

I finish all of my games, so naturally this has happened a couple of times. Fable II, Fuel, Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Far Cry: Predator, Perfect Dark Zero come to mind.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Rattle618

Fallout 3... god damned stupid glitchy ass of a game.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#137  Edited By ToxicAntidote
altbotdos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By altbotdos
Fallout: new vegas. Bar-none the most broken game i have ever played. Hellgate: London was more stable, as i have never lost a save game or was unable to continue my game. I don't plan on buying any beth/obsidian games in the future for it too (on top of blizzactardvision games). Then again, my gaming hobby which I once dropped countless hours a week, has turned into a few minutes... So, take my bitter beans for what they are. My two 360s are literally collecting papers on the top of them now. Bittersweet irony
devotfeige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By devotfeige

Kingdom Hearts had me so angry by the end of it, that was the closest I ever came to breaking a controller. By then it was like "I've been playing this game for 80-some hours, if I don't finish it now, the game has won."

Immediately got rid of it, about an hour after the credits rolled. Aside from that, I learned a few minutes too late that Marvel vs Capcom 2 was simply not my type of game. But if I'm going to pay money for something I can't legitimately get rid of or ever un-purchase, I should beat it, right? A few hours later I think all I'd done was convince myself to hate it more than it deserved. (And not a single achievement for the effort. Pah.)

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Jack268

The Uncharted games. I literally only played because of the story at the end.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#141  Edited By recroulette

Are we talking disliked all the way through? Not recently, although I used to do it all the time as a kid because I didn't have anything else to play (Christmas gifts).

popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By popmasterruler

I trudged through Half-life 1

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#143  Edited By nickux

Yes but if I quit playing a game it means I really reallllly disliked it. This generation the only games to get that treatment were Assassin's Creed II, Darksiders, and Ghostbusters: The Video Game. I just could not abide playing them one second longer.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#144  Edited By Andheez

Metal Gear 4 - first time I had personally played a metal gear game.....terrible.....just terrible.
God of War - Pretty sure its just not my genre and the Kratos is just an AWFUL character
Fallout 3 - Fuck that subway system and the complete jankiness
Final Fantasy XIII - All hallway, a weak story, and enough Melodrama to choke a donkey

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By phrosnite

Devil May Cry 4 - the only game I ever regret playing not to mention finishing...
Diablo 2

GrandMarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#146  Edited By GrandMarshal

Yes, too many times. I feel after paying for a game i need to at least finish it

Egge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Egge

Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3.