#1 Posted by Serpentenema (219 posts) -

Xbox Live Indie Games have a really bad reputation for other being one off joke games where it is just pictures of cats and farting, zombie games, dating sims, and minecraft clones. But have any of you duders found anything that you actually enjoyed?

Like 1 game that come to mind are Dead Pixel which was kinda like an 8 bit left 4 dead with light rpg elements full of Resident Evil and Deadly Premonition references. For 1$ it was pretty good.

#2 Posted by Rave (376 posts) -

Call of Cthulhu, breath of death, solar 1 and 2, beat hazard, miner dig deep (out long before minecraft was popular and nothin like it). Those are all games I can think

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Wizorb. 

#4 Posted by Rave (376 posts) -

Sorry cant edit from my phone and hit enter by mistake.

Those are all games I can think of just off the top of my head. You defiantly have to look a bit harder on that service but there are some pleasant surprises. I usually pick up a few on Christmas eve to mess around with. Johnny biscuit or something is another that just popped into my head. Check them Out

#5 Posted by Serpentenema (219 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Wizorb.

I bought Wizorb, and Aban Hawking and 1000's Spikes. They are pretty good

#6 Posted by WarlordPayne (705 posts) -

Epic Dungeon(now called Cursed Loot), Escape Goat, Soul Caster 1 & 2, Cthulu Saves the World, and Miner Dig Deep are all $1 and great.

#7 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1828 posts) -

There are a good number of decent games on there, actually. Any of the Mommy's Best Games titles are pretty good, like Weapon of Choice and Shoot 1Up.

#8 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3923 posts) -

I Made A Game With Zombies In It was pretty fun for a little while. The song was good too.

#9 Posted by mwng (952 posts) -

I enjoyed Flotilla a lot, though that was a slightly more expensive "indie" game.

#10 Edited by verticalstripes (33 posts) -

The College Lacrosse games are fun.

SFG Soccer is really silly, but a blast to play with friends.

I think those are the only XBLIG indie games I've played, but I hear some of those Minecraft knockoffs are fun.

Edit: Just remembered I bought a game called No Luca No because I had 80 MS Points left over. The game is awful, but at the same time it is hilarious (the goal of the game is to keep a cat named Luca from eating your cereal).

#11 Posted by MetalBaofu (1440 posts) -

The only XBL indie game I've bought has been Miner Dig Deep, and it's great. The only one I can think of that is supposed to be pretty good, and hasn't already been mentioned, is DLC Quest.

#12 Posted by austinmiller (110 posts) -

I agree with about Flotilla. It was a very chill space battle sim. 2 Thumbs Up.

#13 Posted by kickinthehead (71 posts) -

Pixel Blocked is a really good puzzle game. Wish I could have it on my phone.

#14 Posted by pantzing_nome (588 posts) -

Penny Arcade Adventures 3

#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

@Serpentenema: Dead Pixel is fun. I definitely got my money's worth.

#16 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

The Impossible Game

#17 Posted by Svenzon (727 posts) -

Tempura of the Dead is really cool. You basically play as Barack Obama and his samurai buddy killing zombies across the United States. It's hard as fuck in places, but also very fun and charming as hell.

#18 Posted by one_zee (2 posts) -

apple jack

#19 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -
#20 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Meds

Trust me when I say that it kicks ass! Check this out!

This game deserves WAY more attention to it! It is actually terrifying in it's own weird ass way! It is as though Suda51 made a Indie game it would probably be this game!

#21 Edited by KingPossum (236 posts) -

Downtown Smash Dodgeball by Miracle Kidz.

Its an updated widescreen version of the dodgeball games that were popular on Nintendo.

#22 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Cthuhlu Saves the World comes to mind.

#23 Posted by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -

SEASIDE RACING. it's my favorite XBLIG and it's only 1 monies. plus it has like 4 player multiplayer split screen and over xbox live. it's the best game ever.

#24 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11378 posts) -

Someone probably already mentioned it, but Cthulhu Saves the World is rad.

#25 Posted by Soapy86 (2617 posts) -
#26 Posted by MC_Hify (350 posts) -

Maids with Balloons

#27 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

Alpha Chimp is the worst game ever. You should play it.

#28 Posted by Serpentenema (219 posts) -

@Ramone said:

Alpha Chimp is the worst game ever. You should play it.

I downloaded that game and it was pretty hilarious.

#29 Posted by RandomHero666 (3183 posts) -

Only 2 I've ever bought are pretty damn good

Total Miner(in many ways better than vanilla minecraft imo)

And.. Groov

#30 Posted by HistoryInRust (6397 posts) -

Ezmuze+ Hamster Edition.