• 73 results
#1 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I keep running into reviews for Rogue Warrior and whether it is from critics or players I don't know if I have seen more than a 5 or 6 a couple of times.  I am really considering renting this game just from some of the hilarious things this game apparently does.  So my question is have you ever rented or bought a bad game just to see the carnage for yourself?  If so what was it and was it worth the play?

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

No way. Why would I waste my time like that?

#3 Edited by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -
@natetodamax said:

" No way. Why would I waste my time like that? "

I guess just for the humor of it.  In the case of Rogue Warrior some of the AI sounds hilarious like 1 reviewer said that when you alert the enemies they will come running at you and past you and you can just shoot them in the back of the head.  He also said that it was actually fun to guess how many bullets it would take to kill the enemies he said sometimes 1 shot would do it and others it would take an entire clip.  It sounds funny to me.  Now don't get me wrong I have a list of good games I plan on playing first but I may pick it up if the good game list dwindles down enough.
#4 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@sopranosfan said:
" @natetodamax said:
I guess just for the humor of it.  In the case of Rogue Warrior some of the AI sounds hilarious like 1 reviewer said that when you alert the enemies they will come running at you and past you and you can just shoot them in the back of the head.  He also said that it was actually fun to guess how many bullets it would take to kill the enemies he said sometimes 1 shot would do it and others it would take an entire clip.  It sounds funny to me. "
It would definitely be funny, but I wouldn't feel as if I accomplished anything.
#5 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

Yes. I played Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad. Now I just keep it around as a conversation piece.

#6 Edited by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Never a full game, but I have played demos for shit games to see how bad they were. 

Edit: Actually I did play Kane & Lynch. No not for that reason, but because my friend and I were pumped for it and then it turned out to be not so good. 

#7 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

Big Rigs

#8 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Once, I bought prototype and the review average isn't exactly good. I wanted to see how the game was like and stuff on the pc which got high scores averagely. I totally regretted it.

#9 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
#10 Posted by _k1_ (199 posts) -

Did this with X-Blades and I really regret it.

#11 Posted by Jeust (10858 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Once, I bought prototype and the review average isn't exactly good. I wanted to see how the game was like and stuff on the pc which got high scores averagely. I totally regretted it.

"
It's no crysis. lol 

Never.
#12 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -
@Death_Unicorn said:
" No but if you want to, may I recommend Two Worlds? "
I actually almost bought that a few months ago. Not because of the bad reviews but because I couldn't find any RPGs that I hadn't played and I have played through some pretty bad RPGs and as a whole enjoyed them but I talked myself out of it.
#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Bubsy, and I discovered that it was so bad that even the game didn't have confidence in itself.

#14 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

I have played Imagine: Rock Star. It is every bit as bad as you think it is, if not worse. If I had it to do over again, I would run away from the game like it bore plague.

#15 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@sopranosfan: 
That's originally why I bought it. I expected something similar to Oblivion, instead I threw up a little.
One of the worst uses of 80 dollars in my life.
(I bought the special edition)
#16 Posted by Valkyr (669 posts) -

I want to play Dark Void just to see how they fucked up

#17 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

Gamefly just sent me a copy of Rogue Warrior.  Fresh on the heels of Tornado Outbreak.
#18 Posted by Liminality (444 posts) -
@_k1_ said:
" Did this with X-Blades and I really regret it. "
#19 Posted by PrinceAshitaka (40 posts) -

I think as long as you aren't paying full price its ok. Like, rent it through gamefly or something.
#20 Edited by Donos (1197 posts) -

Tenchu Z (or was that a 2? )from a few years back. Surprisingly fun with proper application of alcohol and friends.

#21 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Sure I have. 
I learned a long time ago not to listen to any of the internet jobbers telling me what games are bad or not. 
If I did I wouldn't have played games like Halo (First one I liked, the rest were "meh" to me) or Metal Gear Solid.  
So yeah, I play "bad" games and found out that some of them aren't bad. 
But then again I have a broad taste in games, I'm not some simpleton who doesn't like any other games then First Person Shooters.  
Ugh, just the thought makes me throw up a little

#22 Posted by Spiral_Stars (456 posts) -

Too Human. It was just as bad as I thought it'd be.

#23 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

No, but I've played games, then found out they were considered to be pretty bad like Superman 64.

#24 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

Big Rigs was on my old PC... 

...FUCK! I forgot to back it up :(.  

But yeah, I had big rigs on my old PC which was awesome to play. 

#25 Posted by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -

I tried once, because I thought, "if I enjoy watching bad movies, why wouldn't I enjoy playing bad games?" My logic was flawed. 

#26 Posted by Delta_Ass (3282 posts) -

Nope.

Kinda curious about Final Fantasy XIII though!

#27 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @sopranosfan said:
" @natetodamax said:
I guess just for the humor of it.  In the case of Rogue Warrior some of the AI sounds hilarious like 1 reviewer said that when you alert the enemies they will come running at you and past you and you can just shoot them in the back of the head.  He also said that it was actually fun to guess how many bullets it would take to kill the enemies he said sometimes 1 shot would do it and others it would take an entire clip.  It sounds funny to me. "
It would definitely be funny, but I wouldn't feel as if I accomplished anything. "
You're really accomplishing a whole lot when you finish a non-bad game?
#28 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12114 posts) -

Yes. I bought Sneak King as a gag gift for a friend's birthday, but I couldn't resist trying it out for myself. Man, that game sucks.

#29 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, my friend made me play two worlds. i could only play it for 5 minutes then i turned it off. 

my friend (same friend) bought a xbox 360 off of a friend and one of the games is 50 cent blood on the sand. i am thinking about playing that game just for the laughs.       hey 50 hit that big ass jump.

#30 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

Oh god...Two Worlds...I tried so hard to bury the memories of that game, and all you people have brought it back up, DAMN YOU ALL! 

There are a lot of games that people say are bad, that i want to play. But i usually ignore other people's opinions anyway.
#31 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

about a dozen times and I normally end up liking them.
I think WET is actually pretty good along with terminator salvation.

#32 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

I do this a lot, helps appreciate the average games a lot more.

#33 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Yep, House of the Dead: Overkill. 

And I fucking loved it.

#34 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

yes, Halo.

#35 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

no. but i do go to bad movies to see how bad they are.

#36 Edited by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

No.  If there's ever a game that's so bad it's good, I'm satisfied just looking at gameplay of it.  A giantbomb quicklook would be even better, but I'd never pay money for or even play for free a laughably bad game over a good one.  Laughing at a game for its poor quality is only fun for a little while.

#37 Posted by Three0neFive (2304 posts) -

Yes, I have actually. Not too long ago me and a few friends wanted to go see Avatar in Imax 3D, just for shits and giggles. Turns out it was sold out.

We got drunk and watched MGS4 instead. That shit was worse than the FarCry movie.

#38 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Now thanks to points, I would see myself doing this for certain games. Right now I'm spending too much time playing legitimately good games, but I eventually want to pick up Eat Lead and Rogue Motherfucking Warrior just to play through them. Same goes for all those shitty licensed games like that Last Airbender or TMNT game based on the movie.

#39 Posted by ApertureSilence (1157 posts) -

I have as much of a thing for bad games as I have for bad movies. 

Most recently I played Dante's Inferno, Terminator Salvation, Darkest of Days and the CSI game.

#40 Posted by Brendan (8136 posts) -
#41 Posted by DJL (202 posts) -

I always wanted to play the CD-i zelda games, just to truly see how horrendous they really are. XD

#42 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Heck yeah I have. Remember Yaris? It also helped that it was free, otherwise it never would have had a chance.

@Video_Game_King said:

" Bubsy, and I discovered that it was so bad that even the game didn't have confidence in itself. "
Put on the brakes, King. What the heck are you talking about, dude? Bubsy is an American hero.
#43 Posted by MrJared (399 posts) -

I've absolutely played "bad games" on purpose. For as cynical as I can be sometimes (and I think you've guys have heard me at my most cynical, RE: MW2), my honest opinion on this topic is that no matter what, every game has something to offer you. Whether it's a unique gameplay mechanic that just didn't pan out, an interesting artistic direction or, in the case of something like Big Rigs, complete and utter programming lunacy, there's always something worth discovering. Besides, if no one bothered playing those Zelda CD-I games, most would never have seen those awesome cinematics ;)

#44 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

I play bad games if I can find one for cheap

#45 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Yep.  Street Fighter.  That game is as bad as everyone says it is.

#46 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -

I plan on getting Rogue Warrior from GameFly some day. It is currently at the very bottom of my 50 game list though. It might be a while...

#47 Posted by HatKing (6108 posts) -

The local video store runs a deal (or used to) where if you rent a new game you can get an older game for free with it, I think it only applies to PS2, Xbox, Gamecube though.  Anyway I'd often use that free rental to try a game I would never have played otherwise, either it was known to be terrible, it was a low budget game, or it was just a genre I didn't care for.  This was actually really cool because it did open me up to new things.  

On topic though when I had friends over I'd use it to get a random shit game we could just laugh at.  I remember getting a crappy african hunting game and playing that buggy/weird mess.  As I was playing the game I decided I'd kill something easy, I decided a zebra would do, so I started the hunt and began looking.  It was in waist deep grass so I thought the zebra would be no problem to find.  Out of no where a small white blur rushes past me.  I freak I pull the gun out and spin around.  I look around.  Nothing.  The blur again.  I shoot.  The smoke clears.  No body.  The blur again.  This time it hits me, I'm injured.  We're both freaking out.  "What is going on?"  "The zebra is hunting you!"  Another white blur and the screen fades red.   

To this day we never look at a zebra the same.

#48 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" Heck yeah I have. Remember Yaris? It also helped that it was free, otherwise it never would have had a chance.

@Video_Game_King said:
" Bubsy, and I discovered that it was so bad that even the game didn't have confidence in itself. "
Put on the brakes, King. What the heck are you talking about, dude? Bubsy is an American hero. "
I totally beat Bubsy 3D to 100% completion
#49 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
It's no crysis. lol  Never. "
I loved Prototype from beginning to end.  Sure, it certainly got a tad repetitive but it was a damn fine sandbox experience.  I was impressed that choppers you'd collected and landed on top of buildings would still be there even after you'd died in part of map far away from where you could leave them.
#50 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

ya ive played some bad games for kicks like " the zelda CD I games, blood on the sand, MERCS 2." Those are some of them. so playing bad games for kicks is great.