• 61 results
#1 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
#2 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

Downloaded, sure.

#3 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

I'm actually ashamed to say that I have NOT actually bought a videogame soundtrack. Because I love videogame music . . .

But it is something I want to do and some day I would really love to collect gaming soundtracks as a hobby. I find it sad that I've never actually bought one. I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat, despite loving game music. I'm such a hypocrite! :P

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (35779 posts) -

No, because the Internet exists.

#5 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I own the original Halo soundtrack back from when I was a huge Halo: CE fanboy.

#6 Edited by Meltac (1991 posts) -

Yeah, I bought the Machinarium soundtrack, and the Alone In The Dark ODST (the new one). 

#7 Edited by Tenshin (98 posts) -

Got a lot of soundtracks bundled in with collector's editions and pre-order bonuses and stuff, but never actually bought one individually. :) Maybe you should add that to the poll.

#8 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (831 posts) -

I've purchased a number of Halo soundtracks over the years. Red Dead Redemption's soundtrack was too good not to buy, so I pulled the trigger on that one as well.

#9 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1860 posts) -

Tons of them, I own every single Halo disc ever (with Halo: Reach on the way).

#10 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

C. 

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5795 posts) -

I don't think so. I only download music if I want to carry it around on my MP3 player, and most of the game music that I like I'd rather listen to on Youtube instead.

#12 Posted by Turtlefuzz (257 posts) -

I bought Heavy Rain's score. It's so damn good.

#13 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" No, because the Internet exists. "
nailed it
#14 Posted by DragonBloodthirsty (469 posts) -

Haven't been able to dig one up.  I'd have bought it if I could have found it, but when it gets to the point that you can't find it after a month or two of looking, you give up.  If I can't buy it, the company isn't losing any money if I download it.

I have gotten a few packaged with other products I bought, such as with the Warcraft 3 collector's edition.

#15 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@DragonBloodthirsty said:
"

Haven't been able to dig one up.  I'd have bought it if I could have found it, but when it gets to the point that you can't find it after a month or two of looking, you give up.  If I can't buy it, the company isn't losing any money if I download it.

I have gotten a few packaged with other products I bought, such as with the Warcraft 3 collector's edition.

"
Yeah I did forget to say that buying one as part of a game package doesn't count. I've gotten several that way as well, most proud of the Killer Cuts disc which I still have mint from Killer Instinct for Super NES and the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack. :)
#16 Posted by Yummylee (21200 posts) -
@one_2nd said:
" C.  "
^ Although I have received a few from collectors editions of games.
#17 Edited by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

Persona 4 and Halo 2.

#18 Posted by bearshamanbro (283 posts) -

FInal Fantasy III soundtrack. At the time (maybe still is) those were some epic tunes. Especially the end boss.

#19 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
#20 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I own physical copies of Super Mario 64, Jet Set Radio Future and Halo.

#21 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

The only one I've ever bought is Shatter and I recommend you all do the same.

#22 Posted by The_Painted (181 posts) -

I've bought the soundtracks to Flower and PixelJunk Eden. And Silent Hill 3 had the soundtrack included, if that counts.

#23 Posted by ManiX78 (4 posts) -

I bought the Castlevania soundtrack which is pretty awesome.

#24 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I adore video game music. In fact, its all I've ever listened to. 

But pay for it? Hell no.

#25 Edited by Animasta (14632 posts) -

I bought the FF13 one, and i also bought VVVVVV's soundtrack because it was only 4 bucks.\

edit:  \/ dude yes

#26 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

had to. PPPPPP was just too awesome not to pay for

#27 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

The Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas soundtrack.

#28 Posted by kariyanine (216 posts) -

I have a nice collection of soundtracks ranging from the 90s Square RPGS to stuff like Halo: Reach

#29 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

Yeah, but I download 'em.

#30 Posted by ViciousReiven (815 posts) -

I have to say downloaded, because I can't buy stuff online and they just don't sell them around here unfortunatley, if they did I woudl totally go get some.

#31 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

I bought Heroes of Might and Magic II on GOG.com and received the soundtrack as a bonus. Does that count?

#32 Posted by EVO (3846 posts) -
@RedSox8933 said:
" The only one I've ever bought is Shatter and I recommend you all do the same. "
Same here. Hands down best video game soundtrack and one of my favourite albums ever.
#33 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

I bought the Assassin's Creed and Bionic Commando:  Rearmed soundtracks on iTunes.  I've got the Persona 4 soundtrack that came with the game, but I don't think that really counts since it DID come with the game.
#34 Edited by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -

Yep. I totally bought SOTN's OST on CD. The only thing I ever imported from Japan.

Was gonna order FFIV's OST CD some years before but I lost the form. This was a while before the internets. 

If I'm going to buy any music at all, I'll buy it in CD or FLAC form. MP3s are for the tonedeaf.

The ones you get that come with games special editions don't count.

@bearshamanbro said:

" FInal Fantasy III soundtrack. At the time (maybe still is) those were some epic tunes. Especially the end boss. "

In the age of Chiptunes, I really wish those older games were symphonically arranged. Otherwise you can get higher quality than the CD by rendering the sounds yourself nowadays.
#35 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Yeah.

#36 Posted by kagato (883 posts) -

Before the internet was quite as fast and powerfull as it is now i purchased two heavy metal versions of Castlevania soundtracks, a legend of zelda one, a king of fighters one and the final fantasy 7 and 8 soundtracks.  Also bought the Space channel 5 part 2 soundtrack, i love that game, i dont buy so many now but if i hear one i really like ill still pick one up.

#37 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I bought the Halo 3 soundtrack on iTunes but that's it.

#38 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -
@kagato said:
" Before the internet was quite as fast and powerfull as it is now i purchased two heavy metal versions of Castlevania soundtracks "
What were they called?
#39 Posted by Redbullet685 (6017 posts) -

Nope

#40 Posted by kagato (883 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @kagato said:
" Before the internet was quite as fast and powerfull as it is now i purchased two heavy metal versions of Castlevania soundtracks "
What were they called? "
They are all in Japanese but i believe they are Demon Castle Dracula X Battle 1 and 2.
#41 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

No, but I really really want the Super Mario Galaxy 2 soundtrack for some reason.

#42 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

I have a few, Final Fantasy X-2 Piano Collection being my favourite.

#43 Posted by Cowburn (18 posts) -

I bought the soundtrack for Chaos Theory, the other soundtracks I have are from special editions.

#44 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Sure, I purchases a few of the World of Warcraft ones when I was into it, I picked up Halo 2 and Kingdom Hearts.  Both Persona 3 & 4 came with OSTs.  There are probably some others in my collection, too.  I like orchestral stuff, not bleeps and boops.

#45 Posted by Chibi_Kaji (170 posts) -

I have purchased a few of them through amazon/itunes.

#46 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Yup, just bought the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack recently. It's actually my favorite album of the year so far, and this year includes albums by the Gorillaz, LCD Soundsystem, Spoon & Arcade Fire, so that says a lot. 

#47 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" No, because the Internet exists. "
BOOM!
#48 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -
#49 Edited by NTM (7233 posts) -

Yes, I've bought a lot. Now I don't though since most you can just get on the internet for free. Most recently, Halo: Reach, Starcraft 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. That and movie soundtracks.
#50 Posted by Blair (2497 posts) -

Yes.  I own multiple soundtracks.  My most prized video game CD is the Chrono Cross OST.