Have you ever traded in a game only to regret it later on?

• 110 results
yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By yetiantics

Not really, anything I trade in is because I'm already done with the game and have no interest going back. But there was one instance where Super Street Fighter IV was free on PS+, and there was a game i wanted at the time and needed one more game to complete a special 3 for 50% extra deal, I traded in my disc version of SSF4.

Needless to say the online version of SSF4 is a god awful mess, and then regretted trading in the game and re-bought the disc version. WHICH WAS A BITCH TO FIND.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The only games I regret trading in was FFVIII, FFIX and FFX.

I hated VIII but would have liked to give it a try, also it was black disc, same with IX but I finished that several times.

X was a Birthday gift, I finished it a few times and probably would never have played it, needed money, regretted it a day later, I never sell or get rid of gifts now, makes me feel so bad if i do.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yes I traded in all my SNES games when I was a kid to get money to buy an airsoft gun. I had some that are pretty expensive now.

JimmySmiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@monkeyking1969: I mean, people collect for reasons other than potentially making a buck, though.

Oh, sure but such people shouldn't delude themselves into thinking that collection as any more value than what value 'they' or 'another gamer' might put on it. Another gamer might 'value' your collection in their mind, but when it comes to buying it they will look at at the real value of what it would cost to replicate your collection, which might not be all that much.

As horrible as it sounds, what will raise values is systematic purchasing of other collections and then DESTROYING those collections. Buy GameStop's wearhouses of used games when they go bankrupt, and shred every game but one copy of each.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#106  Edited By Zevvion

Well, only like EVERY GAME EVER.

I've been playing games since the Atari 2600. Slightly before that on PC actually. Owned a SNES, N64, NGC, PSX, PS2, PS3, Xbox, X360 and sold pretty much everything all the time. Up until about halfway last generation when I realized I wanted to play the games I sold so many times it just didn't make any sense to sell them. I also went on a spree trying to buy everything back I ever sold. I'm pretty close today, but man... what a waste of money. Anyway, lesson learned I suppose.

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By pepperzz

Yup, Dark Souls. Need to buy it back soon. The itch is back.

Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regretted trading in my Stadium Events game for NES for some stupid Smurfs game. It hurts even more when you google how much Stadium Events has sold for recently.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but not so much for the games themselves, but because I was supporting Gamestop. Glad I nipped that bad habit. Was getting ripped off for years. Best decision I ever made.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panzer Dragoon Saga. Biggest single regret since I began gaming was parting with that game. I can remember seeing like 5 sealed copies behind the counter when I bought mine.

If I only knew then.....

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By NTM

I've never traded in any games, I keep all mine. Kind of makes me want to do digital more now. I just put the 360 and PS3 games on the rack in the closet, and man, there's no more room up there since there are already PS2; GameCube and original Xbox games up there as well. Only time I had to rebuy a game was because a 'friend' stole it, so I had to, or wanted to buy Ninja Gaiden again.

Oh, well actually, there is one, though it was more so my brother than me, but I'll still count it. Doom 3 on PC, I really like that version, but at the time when it came out, it ran terribly on our computer, so when the Xbox version came out, he traded it in for that. We have Doom 3 on PC again though, through Steam.

Edit - Oh... This is old!