#1 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -
#2 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Good list, nice to see some love for Bulletstorm. I'm always thinking it round in my head, so far I've narrowed my number 1 spot down to 4 games...

#3 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

Yep, been putting it together through the year so to speak. Still feeling like portal 2 is over skyrim but I've gone back and forth quite a few times on that already.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (12411 posts) -

Still gotta finish Gemini Rue and Deus Ex 3 :o

#5 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Not sure if Saints row is worth a play but otherwise pretty much done.

#6 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Gemini Rue's pretty sweet!

#7 Posted by Willin (1285 posts) -

I totally forgot Bulletstorm, Dead Space 2 and Mortal Kombat came out this year.

#8 Posted by MEATBALL (3475 posts) -

I haven't decided on my top 10 list yet. I still have to play Super Mario 3D Land, which I'm saving for when I move in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure I know what my top five is, though.

#9 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

I still have a couple of games to start/finish, but I've got a good idea of what my Top Ten is gonna look like.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I've started on it, but I'm not close to finishing it.

#11 Posted by L1GHTN1N (544 posts) -

I spent about half an hour going over it and have it pretty much nailed down, though I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet (just ordered it today), and still need to finish The Witcher 2 and Bulletstorm before I put anything in stone. It's been a fantastic year for indie games as well, quite a few are probably going to be in my top 10 and there's still 1 or 2 games that I keep going back and forth on whether to include or not. Pretty good year overall!

#12 Posted by pantzing_nome (588 posts) -

I'm starting to outline the list in my head, I still need to play more of LA Noire before I can make a judgement on it.

#13 Posted by dietmango (1667 posts) -

I'm halfway done, I just need to play a few more games to make my final decisions.

#14 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

It's almost finished. I just need to play The King of Fighters XIII and I'll be done.

#15 Posted by me3639 (1849 posts) -

Finally someone else who at least put LA Noire on their list.

#16 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

Frozen Synapse.

#17 Posted by Milkman (17316 posts) -

No because I still haven't played Saints Row yet and from what I hear...I should play that?

#18 Posted by Juno500 (481 posts) -

Here is my ranking of every game I've finished playing in 2011 so far. I'm not quite done with Persona 2 and I still plan to play Batman and maybe Driver soon, but overall this is a good indication of my take on the year so far.

1. Dark Souls
2. Catherine
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
4. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
5. Hard Corps: Uprising
6. Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax
7. Portal 2
8. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
9. Bastion
10. Rock of Ages
11. inFamous 2
12. Radiant Historia
13. From Dust
14. Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
#19 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -

It, as well as my "Best games of 2011 that didn't come out in 2011" are on their way to completion. Honestly, at this point the only real deciding factor will be determined by me playing Dark Souls. Because I'm at the point where it may beat out Skyrim as my GOTY.

#20 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Nope, sadly don't have time to make a list since I'm playing games at the moment.

#21 Posted by Mento (2806 posts) -

I'll have mine done some time after Xmas, dependent on what I receive. I'll be cutting it close to 2012, no doubt.

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1130 posts) -

1- Dead Space 2
2- Skyrim
3- Portal 2
4- Mortal Kombat
5- Bulletstorm
6- Gears of War 3
7- Rock of Aged
8- Bastion
9- Frozen Synapse
That's all I can think of right now and I haven't even finished 7-9. The ordering isn't final except for number 1.

#23 Posted by RecSpec (3929 posts) -

I have about 3-4 more games that I want to finish before I try making a list. 

#24 Posted by Little_Socrates (5715 posts) -

Nope, gotta play a lot more of some of the games that will ultimately be on my list.

Solid list, though. Of the games you listed, I at least liked all of them.

#25 Posted by Catfish666 (191 posts) -
  1. L.A.Noire
  2. The Witcher 2
  3. Portal 2
  4. Terraria
  5. WOW:Cataclysm
  6. WH40K:Retribution
  7. Dead Island
  8. Skyrim
  9. WH40K: Space Marine

And I haven't finished the following which I expect to make their way to my list still according to what I've heard so far:

• Batman: AC
  • Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
  • Deus Ex: HR
  • Saints Row the Third

Not to mention SW:TOR, but seeing it's getting released so late, it's fair to use it on my next year's GOTY list, right?

#26 Edited by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -

I started mine at the begining of the year, adding each game I play to the list. This is so I don't forget what games came out this year, like last year, I totally forgot about some games and added them on at the last minute. This just makes it easier for when I need to do my final list. 

I haven't finished yet as I've still got games to buy or get for Christmas, but once I've got everything I want, I'll clean it up as it has over 10 games on there at the moment.

#27 Posted by CJduke (800 posts) -

I work on mine all the time. I'm doing awards too! Its quite difficult

#28 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

the 5 best games ive played all year are (in not particular order)

Skyrim

Portal 2

Dark Souls

The Witcher 2

Zelda Skyward Sword.

to hard to say which is the best all 5 are worthly GOTY games imo and to chose would be arbitrary

#29 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

I don't like to rank my choices, only list them and choose a winner

#30 Posted by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -

Haven't finished Gears 3, haven't started Uncharted 3, haven't started Revelations.

#31 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I don't think I've ever played enough of a year's new releases in that year to feel qualified making a list. I could say Portal 2 was the best retail game I played (I can't very well vote for Alan Wake and Psychonauts). But it's also basically the only one too. I am wrestling with downloadable titles. I played a pile of them.

#32 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur

@BeachThunder said:

Gemini Rue's pretty sweet!

Is it? The quick look made it look like your standard adventure game.
#33 Posted by ZombiePie (5752 posts) -
Moderator Online
#34 Posted by Olqavtoras (232 posts) -

Currently playing AC: Revelations and have not gotten to Saints Row yet, so the list would not be fair. So many games, so little time.

#35 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

Nope. Still have to play Saints Row: The Third and Assassins Creed: Revelations. Then I'll finish my list.

#36 Posted by ADAMWD (613 posts) -
#37 Edited by Master_Funk (741 posts) -
  1. Skyrim (By far)
  2. Deus Ex : Human Revolution
  3. LA Noire
  4. Uncharted 3
  5. Batman: Arkham City
  6. Dead Space 2
  7. Portal 2
  8. Mortal Kombat
  9. Infamous 2
  10. Might and Magic : Clash of Heroes

This is not final......but is probably final.

#38 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

My list is also not final, some games I need to play/complete, but heres some of the top games I've played this year that will be in my top 10:

• Ghost Trick
  • Portal 2
  • LA Noire
  • Dirt 3
  • Frozen Synapse
  • Dark Souls
  • Skyrim

That's in order of when I played them, not how I'm ranking them.

#39 Posted by Mystyr_E (1195 posts) -

nope, haven't played Zelda, Dark Souls, Rayman, finish Assassin's Creed, Old Republic and Saints Row yet so my list will probably be next year

#40 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

So far im roughly thinking

1.Total war shogun 2

2.The Witcher 2

3.Skyrim

4.La Noire

5.Demon souls

6.Dead space 2

7.Dungeon Defenders

8.Red orcastra 2

9.Orcs Must Die

10. Terraria

Plenty i havent played and finished yet tho so will bottom half will proberly change

#41 Posted by CountBubba (41 posts) -

1. Skyrim

2. Bastion

3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

After those, it's a hodgepodge of Catherine, Dead Space 2, L.A. Noire, The Binding of Isaac, Portal 2, Batman: Arkham City, and Uncharted 3 (but only by default). I haven't finished some of the other big contenders I'm interested in, including: Dead Island, Saints Row 3, Gears of War 3, Shogun 2, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Shadows of the Damned. Good thing we have the bomb crew working tirelessly to finish all of what I couldn't, for great justice!

Also, not that it's any kind of valid contender for this kind of list, but WoW: Cataclysm has been amazing this year, and it's only gotten better with the latest patch.

#42 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

no, i would have but i took an arrow to the knee. 

no, since i didn't play a lot of the newer games. the newest game i got recently was metal gear solid HD.

#43 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Nope, I still have Arkham City and Trine 2 left to play... Mine will probably only drop in very late in the year.