#1 Posted by stoodspoon (589 posts) -

And what do you think of them

#2 Edited by Zeik (2188 posts) -

I saw the first one in theaters. It was pretty awesome at the time, given how obsessed with Pokemon I was.

In retrospect it's probably not as awesome. Although Mewtwo is still pretty awesome.

#3 Edited by Nonused (210 posts) -

I saw the one where Pikachu fought evil Pikachu and then he started crying so all the kids in the theater started crying and then Mewtwo could talk and I thought that was weird.

Also, Brock made a pan pun.

#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I saw the one where everyone cried to save Ash who was stoned.
And then one where they all went to a circus or something, I don't know.

Enjoyed them though, not afraid to say that at all.
Kinda like how Phineas & Ferb is still awesome and Sonic SatAM.

#5 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4136 posts) -

I saw the first three, and then bought the Diamond and Pearl one. Thought it'd be amusing to own.

The first one is great.

#6 Edited by SomberOwl (628 posts) -

@zeik said:

I saw the first one in theaters. It was pretty awesome at the time, given how obsessed with Pokemon I was.

In retrospect it's probably not as awesome. Although Mewtwo is still pretty awesome.

Exact same

#7 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2205 posts) -

I've seen the first 4 movies back when they first released on VHS, they were cool for what they were as they pretty much hyped me up to play more Pokemon Silver.

#8 Edited by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

I saw the first 2 in theaters during the peak of my Pokemon obsession as a kid. I also saw the 3rd movie but that was on the tail end of my fandom.

#9 Posted by UlquioKani (1018 posts) -

I think I have seen the first 8 or 9. They are good kids movies if you are a fan of the show. I was much younger when I watched them. Don't know if they hold up.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

I saw the first two. The second was where I checked out on Pokemon, although I don't remember why.

#11 Edited by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I have the third one on DVD for some unknown reason, it's real bad.

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

Saw the first 3 and then the one with Giratina. I also saw one with these two flying Pokemon... I dunno what they were called, but they were like a male and female version of the pokemon and I think their names started with L.

#13 Edited by ajamafalous (11805 posts) -

I saw the first one on VHS and I saw the second one in theaters and got one of those sweet LE cards.

I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen more of them considering how much I liked/like Pokémon. I kinda want to go back and watch all the seasons of the TV series from the beginning but I feel like I'd just get frustrated; I feel like it'd be kinda patronizing since it's made for kids.

#14 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

I saw the first two. I'm surprised my dad was willing to sit through the second one in a theater

#15 Edited by Trilogy (2637 posts) -

@zeik said:

I share this person's experiences and viewpoints.

#16 Edited by Yummylee (21203 posts) -
@zeik said:

To a T.

#17 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

I don't know how many there are now but I think I've seen 14 of them.

#18 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Yeah I saw the one where the two Pikachu slap each other. It's sad and makes me cry. Because of this I kinda think I should get credit for saving Ash? Since we all know how that goes. But yeah I like that one!

#19 Edited by NegativeCero (2972 posts) -

Yep, The first one when it came out and the one with Lugia in it. I loved them at the time, but I haven't seen them since. If I was still like 8 years old, I'm sure I would still love them.

#20 Edited by Animasta (14633 posts) -

a couple of them

first one is still badass

#21 Posted by Sanj (2339 posts) -

Saw the first 3, I think. I remember being completely obsessed with the first movie.

#22 Posted by TheBluthCompany (362 posts) -

I remember crying during the first Pokemon movie. My Dad hated every second.

#23 Posted by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

I have seen:

• Pokémon: The First Movie (1999)
  • Pokémon the Movie 2000 (2000)
  • Pokémon 3: The Movie (2001)
  • Pokémon 4Ever (2002)
  • Pokémon Destiny Deoxys (2005)
  • Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (2006)
  • Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (2007)
  • Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai (2008)

I still really like them and plan on seeing the rest one day (although I'm going to have to finish going through my back-catalogue of Studio Ghibli films first). I've also watched all of the Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh region TV episodes (and have seen all of the first season of the Unova region; but I am most fragmented on the Hoenn series - it was in the years of my intense Yu-Gi-Oh! following). I have much less time to keep up to date with them and spend my free time on more adult-aimed fiction; but I still really enjoy it and the characters don't annoy me at all. The music and art have always been stellar to me. And I find looking out for Easter eggs to be incredibly rewarding. While some people have been trying to tell me for years that I need to grow out of it, I've seen a problem with it - while I am incredibly professional and mature in real life, I have never lot my child-like wonder to enjoy these things.

Thanks for reminding me of them, I need to schedule in a time to catch up on it.

#24 Edited by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

Saw the first 3 and then the one with Giratina. I also saw one with these two flying Pokemon... I dunno what they were called, but they were like a male and female version of the pokemon and I think their names started with L.

I think you from Pokémon Heroes from 2003 - and the Pokémon were Latias (the female red legendary dragon) and Latios (the male blue legendary dragon) which were both introduced in the Hoenn region.

#25 Posted by Nightriff (4862 posts) -

"Is that Time Travel?!" - Greatest line ever, Pokemon 4

Yes I've seen my fair share. A few years ago a bunch of friends and I were going to watch them all because they were awful and entertaining but we stopped when Ash turned to bestiality in....5?

#26 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Saw the first one in theaters two or three times actually. I went once for myself and then through some strange events ended up taking some cousins because they really wanted to go see it but they were too young to go alone and none of their parents wanted to sit through the movie. So I got to go see it two more times by taking them. I really enjoyed the movie, but to this day that scene where the guy calls his Pidgeot a Pidgeotto makes my blood boil and makes me want to yell at the screen and punch the guy. CAN YOU NOT SEE THE LONG FLOWING PLOOM ON IT'S HEAD YOU GOD DAM FOOL? HOW ARE YOU A POKEMON MASTER?!?!?!

I have seen several of the other ones randomly, but the first was the only one I actively seeked out to go watch. I remember catching the half end of one of them on TV one time that was about them saving the forest and time travel or something. It ended with this revelation that Professor Oak actually knew ash as a kid and that he never told ash that he knew him all this time iirc, and it blew my mind.

#27 Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake (202 posts) -

I have seen most of them due to being bored and Cartoon Network marathoning them. Really the only one worth watching is still the first one. I saw in the theater, got it on VHS, and have watched it as recently as last year. That move is still dope. Not as good as the Digimon: Our War Game!!, which was the part with Omnimon in the American release ,which got completely ripped off by Summer Wars, which now gets critical acclaim and shit. Anyways first Pokemon movie Dope/5.

#28 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2283 posts) -

I've seen all of them up until the Diamond and Pearl ones, but it was at that time I stopped watching Pokemon anyway.

I fucking LOVED the first Pokemon Movie, only watched it hundreds of times. I also really liked Pokemon 3 (especially the opening Pikachu Sketch with the Pichus), and the Deoxys one because the battles in that movie were fucking awesome.

#29 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1230 posts) -

I saw a lot of them, I think like the first five when they came out since I was really into pokemon. They are good if you are really into pokemon, I especially remember being fond of the second one with Luigi. No idea why since I haven't seen any of them since they came out. If you have never seen any pokemon TV shows, watch the first season in the Kanto region and the Orange Islands since those are still really awesome!

#30 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

Only watched the first which is all that matters.

#31 Posted by FLStyle (4511 posts) -

Also saw the first one, thought its links to the anime was cool.

#32 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

I've seen a couple of them, the first one where Mewtwo made the pokemon fight and the fourth one where a time traveling pokemon needed to save the rainforest or something. They were pretty bad and poorly paced.

#33 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (612 posts) -

I know i've seen the first one, because i dragged my parents to it because i was a horrible kid. might have seen bits and pieces of the other movies on cartoon network over the years, but not an entire one.

#34 Posted by Chop (1991 posts) -

I saw the one where they all turn to stone or something? Shit, I don't remember anything else...

#35 Posted by Beforet (2911 posts) -

I saw the first one (with Mewtwo) a direct to dvd one (with Mewtwo) and the one with the birds and lugia (where the theatres gave out holographic cards of Mewone).

They were aight I guess. Too long in the past for me to remember. I've only just gotten back into Pokemon the games, so I've glanced at the movie synopsis for a couple of the legendaries I like (Giratina is dope, dawg).

#36 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11418 posts) -

I saw like the first... 4 movies? However many were released in theaters. They're probably bad, and I don't think I'd want to revisit them for fear of spoiling my childhood.

#37 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1689 posts) -

I saw the first two in theaters with my dad. I loved them back then. I think by the time the third had come out I had lost most of my interest in Pokemon, so I have never seen any of them after 2. In fact, this thread enlightened me to the fact that there even were more than 4 movies. Turns out there are a shitload.

#38 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1017 posts) -

I saw the first two movies and did not enjoy the mewtwo one but liked the second one.

#39 Edited by Carryboy (627 posts) -

I saw the first one in the pictures and remember thinking how uncool the kid behind was for not knowing one of the Pokemon on the screen.

#40 Edited by Capum15 (4790 posts) -

I've probably seen most of them and enjoyed them. No clue on how many specifically, but probably most.

#41 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

...I've seen the Digimon movie.

#42 Posted by Scrawnto (2432 posts) -

I think I saw the first three? Definitely the first two. Maybe the fourth as well. I'm not really sure. The first one was definitely the one I got into the most, but they seem half decent.