Avatar image for deactivated-15136
deactivated-15136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By deactivated-15136

So wondering if any fellow GB'ers have any experience using HDMI Splitters on their PCs. I'm thinking of upgrading my graphics card. I've got my tv plus dual monitors on my desktop right now, but I only use the tv for gaming and movies. I'm thinking of just throwing a splitter on the HDMI out and running that to one of the monitors and to the TV. Anyone ever use a setup like this??

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jams

Newer graphics cards can support up to 4 monitors (at the same time). You can hook up 2 with DVI (or with DVI to HDMI adapters which usually come with newer graphics cards). If all of your 2 monitors and TV had 3 HDMI hookups, you could hook the two monitors up via DVI to HDMI adapters and hook up the TV to HDMI. That'd probably work. No need for a splitter there. Otherwise I think the only option is an HDMI switch.

samsara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By samsara

I use a 3-year-old 4x2 switch from MonoPrice to split my HTPC and consoles between my living room and kitchen. Never had any issues with it. I sometimes have to restart my 360 to get video going initially. Probably a timing thing with my Harmony macro, but it's not annoying enough to troubleshoot.

emilymartin986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By emilymartin986

All an HDMI Splitter does is display the same image on multiple monitors. If this is what you are looking to do a Splitter will work. If you have multiple inputs and need to go to multiple outputs you will need a HDMI Matrix. I would recommend checking KVMSwitchTech as they offer a wide range of HDMI Splitter and HDMI Matrix solutions. I have used their units in the past and they work great.