renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By renmckormack

Hey all,

Groupon is selling DynaBass headphones by SoundLogic which retail at 80 (wccoridng to them) for 25.00. I recently wrecked my old Gamescom Plantronics headphones (with the hidden mic) that i was also using as regular headphones for my ipod etc. Does anyone know anything about these Sound Logics? Are they crap? I cant find any reviews. I really liked the Plantronics because they were (1) comfy (2) cover the whole ear i.e. noise blocking and had clear sound for podcasts.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-dynabass-headphones-by-soundlogic?utm_medium=email&utm_source=channel_goods-deals&sid=11113353&user=bf224fb24e20597db7011c86e842d8d422350b1deff4d50e9353174a1bec530e&utm_campaign=11113353&s=body&d=gg-dynabass-headphones-by-soundlogic&p=2&c=deal_img

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty

Look for names like Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Grados, Goldring, Koss, Klipsch and so on. Plantronics don't really make good headphones at all, certainly not for music.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By renmckormack

Fair enough. I was looking for screaming deals. I will say that the Plantornics Gamescomm ones were excellent for gamin.

xxxlynchxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xxxlynchxxx

It has been my experience that buying a pair of cheap headphones, only leaves you stuck with a pair of cheap headphones. I think that your speaker / headphone setup is every bit as important as your HD monitor. I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 558, and have been extremely satisfied with them. I would avoid gaming headphones, and just get good headphones... Well that's my two cents.

matingbflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By matingbflies

I DO realize this is from 6 months ago. I am looking at the same headphones on Saveology for $10. It is frustrating when you can find information about a product. For example, I want in TJ Maxx yesterday and I was considering purchasing a Laptop padded Lap Desk with speakers made by BrookStone. No information about the speakers at all. Went on the the internet, still no info. So I call their customer service and they couldn't (the rep. didn't have any specs) find any information about them either. The MSRP on this Laptop padded desk is $50. They "offer" want you to buy an extended warranty on it. It was $23 at TJ Maxx, but without hearing the output myself or knowing what it is I want to preserve longer with an extented warranty, I opted not to buy it. I associate Brookstone with quality. But, I am not willing to take their word alone that it is a quality product.

So back to your headphones. What did you decide and how did it work out for you? I am trying to scrape up enough money for the Michael Jackson Edition Dr Dre Beats Audio Headphones. Trouble is their are so many knock-offs & websites that I don't know which are legit and which are not. Therefore ,I am hesitant to buy.

What I can tell tell you is I bought a pair of Skull Candy Hesh Over Hear Headphones that were very good. You could probably get a good price on Ebay, on sale at Staples or at TJ Maxx.

If you have already purchased a pair, can you share what brand/model you bought and whether or not they were any good and worth the price? No better reference than hearing from an actual user. Hope to here soon, because I signed up to this website, just to be able to write a reply. I will unsubscribe after your response.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By katimanic

They are fake Beats.

I guess you need to take the gamble of if you want to buy these or 25 dollar sony headphones from bestbuy/amazon.

If I was you and only had 25 dollars I would get the sony ones from bestbuy/amazon.