• 61 results
#1 Edited by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

I was in a shop in the Trafford shopping center in manchester. And they had American things for sale. I noticed these lucky charm cereal ..however I also noticed the price.

How much is it in a wallmart in america ? Becuase if I was to convert this into dollars it would be $11.07 for one box.

#2 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

How much do bags of sugar cost in America?

#3 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Pricey but I'd buy it if I found it here in Sweden

#4 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

Lucky Charms are worth any price.

#5 Posted by MannyMAR (424 posts) -

They range anywhere from $3.75 - $5.00 US depending on the size of the box. But DAMN that price is fucking ridiculous for a box of sugar and oats.

#6 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

£7 FOR CEREAL?! Still i would probably buy them because lucky charms are fucking delicious.

#7 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

Buy 2.

#8 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

They get them sometimes in the supermarkets near me in Bristol for £4. That price is outrageous o_O!

Lucky Charms are pretty delicious though...

#9 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

@Soffish said:

Word.

#10 Edited by endaround (2142 posts) -

@dbz1995: On sale they go for a $1 for 4 lbs. Not on sale, around $3 for 4 lbs. Of course the USA no longer uses sugar in processed foods, we use high fructose corn syrup in everything. Why you may ask? Because the US's ag policy is a screwed up. We have huge subsidies to grow corn, something the US can grow easily. We also have large tariffs against sugar to insulate cane growers from competition, mainly because some Cuban refugees set up some sugar farms in Florida and have huge pull politically. So sugar is more expensive than corn syrup and corn syrup is also easier to deal with.

Also, amazon.com sells everything in the US:

http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Charms-Cereal-11-5-Ounce-Boxes/dp/B003VZCZ0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317482338&sr=8-1

#11 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -

The imported stuff is always expensive, Dr. Pepper is like 1,50€, so $2 in a cheap store.

#12 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

A box like that is usually $3.99 or about £2.97 in any typical supermarket. That's not even taken into account when cereals are on sale as they usually are or if you're buying it in bulk.

#13 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

No idea in the US, but you can get theme here in Canada for like $3 a box. $3 too much in my books, but each their own.

#14 Posted by Vonocourt (2125 posts) -

Yeesh, so much money to get pieces of Styrofoam and hard marshmallows that rub against your teeth weird

#15 Posted by bybeach (4771 posts) -

I stick to whole wheat raison brand when I can make myself eat cereal. I could not allow this in my diet.

#16 Posted by Franstone (1107 posts) -

Damn that's expensive...

They must be making up for something.

What's the prize inside?

Free trip to the dentist?

Wah wah wahhhhh...

; )

#17 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

A Lucky Charms box here in Canada is about $5. Relatively expensive compared to other cereal. However, as @Soffish said:

#18 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

@bybeach said:

I stick to whole wheat raison brand when I can make myself eat cereal. I could not allow this in my diet.

I don't know why I find "raison brand" such a hilarious misspelling of raisin bran.

#19 Posted by bybeach (4771 posts) -

I don't know why I find "raison brand" such a hilarious misspelling of raisin bran.-TooWalrus......Idk why either but it's back to spelechek fer me.

#20 Posted by kelbear (496 posts) -

Jeezus CHRIST that's expensive cereal!! That stuff would be about $4.50 at regular prices in New Jersey, USA.

Apparently General Mills thinks Lucky Charms are haute cuisine in Europe.

#21 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

It doesn't matter how much it costs here because you shouldn't pay anything for that disgusting cereal

#22 Posted by chilibean_3 (1632 posts) -

Buy them at double the price and then consider yourself lucky you got such a good deal.

Nah, not really. Lucky Charms aren't all that.

#23 Posted by Village_Guy (2534 posts) -

Any boxed cereal aimed for kids should be avoided. Unless you want to die a delicious sugary evil-corporate-business-men death.

#24 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Is that Trix yogurt in the upper left?

#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Is that shit on sale in Ireland? That certainly sounds like something an American company would do :P.

#26 Posted by Strawb (31 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Is that shit on sale in Ireland? That certainly sounds like something an American company would do :P.

I've never seen Lucky Charms here in Ireland, although apparently you could get them years ago. I'm sure some places import it though, but they'd be pretty expensive. (why the hell would anyone pay £7.49 for a box of that shite?!)

When I lived in Canada, I often had my friends asking to me say "they're always after me Lucky Charms" so I kinda dislike the cereal for that reason alone.

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Strawb said:

When I lived in Canada, I often had my friends asking to me say "they're always after me Lucky Charms" so I kinda dislike the cereal for that reason alone.

Will you say "Chewbacca's breath smells like cat food"?

#28 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -

Not worth it if you ask me. Though the only cereal I ever eat is Golden Grahams.

#29 Posted by hoossy (933 posts) -

When I lived in Germany I knew guys who would go sell Levi jeans and make bank.

#30 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

$2.50-$3.50

#31 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I understand the black market cereal trade nets a lot of cash. 

#32 Posted by ajamafalous (11938 posts) -

Between 3 and 4 bucks, depending on box size.

#33 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
#34 Posted by Strawb (31 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Strawb said:

Will you say "Chewbacca's breath smells like cat food"?

Of course. I'm a Star Wars!

#35 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@mnzy said:

The imported stuff is always expensive, Dr. Pepper is like 1,50€, so $2 in a cheap store.

i live near a pepsi warehouse so i get all my soda's for 1$ each for 20oz or 2liters for 1.50 each... And people say they hate america.. Now we all know why, our favorite things are overpriced everywhere else!

#36 Posted by Delta_Ass (3274 posts) -

Lucky Charms are nasty anyways. You're not missing anything, other then embarrassing ethnic stereotypes.

#37 Posted by jamesisaacs (220 posts) -

Luck Charms used to be on sale in all shops here in the UK even the Pokemon ones but now it's just an import good that i have to splash out on...we should petition the proper selling of Lucky Charms again so we can get them for around £2 a box!

LET'S DO THIS!

#38 Posted by YoThatLimp (1895 posts) -

Eh we also pay huge mark ups on British items, is this really a complaint?

#39 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

@Franstone said:

Damn that's expensive...

They must be making up for something.

What's the prize inside?

Free trip to the dentist?

Wah wah wahhhhh...

; )

Laughed at how terribly bad this joke was and its formatting.

#40 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@Strawb said:

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious!

#41 Posted by Melvargh (489 posts) -

"I didn't find it

...it found me"

#42 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Madness, no doubt down to importation costs.

Fuck that pot of gold, get some crunchy nut instead.

#43 Edited by Franstone (1107 posts) -

@Lunar_Aura: Mission accoplished than, it was supposed to be a bad joke.

Apparently you didn't get that when I SPELT OUT the bad joke sound.

Formatting?

Ohhh shit, another internet English teacher?

I can see where this is headed.

My next post will be an enormous run-on sentence just for you.

(I prefer to separate lines to make breaks in comments as if it were a chat log, I'm not writing an English paper, sorry Professor, you'll just have to deal with it.)

Going to save everyone from your annoyances and just stop this right here...

#44 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

about 3 times the price of getting it in america

#45 Edited by CastroCasper (1301 posts) -

Like 4 bucks for a box of ceral. You're getting ripped off.

#46 Posted by Mmmslash (2167 posts) -

You can't put a price on Magic.

#47 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Mmmslash said:

You can't put a price on Bowel Cancer.

#48 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Funnily enough, European products here in the US are much less overpriced.

#49 Posted by MikkaQ (10277 posts) -

Probably 4 bucks. They're really asking a lot for lucky charms, that shit's like trashy poor people cereal.

#50 Posted by Hector (3357 posts) -

Holy crap..thats too expensive for a box of Lucky Charms. They're usually around $3.99 here in the US.