• 65 results
#1 Edited by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

I've signed up for a VPS that I'm currently running a minecraft server on, but I feel I'm not really taking advantage of it yet! I want to throw another server on there, but I can't decide what to do so I brought myself here. You guys have good taste in games, and I'm sure you'd appreciate an extra community server. What will it be?

Of course I won't put up a server that the community already has, for example TF2, BF3, Trackmania, and Minecraft are all out. So toss me some suggestions, I want to see you guys having a good time, help make this worth it for me!

UPDAAATE!!! CS:S Server, LIVE!

http://www.giantbomb.com/counter-strike-source/61-11339/giant-bomb-unite/35-533803/#1

#2 Posted by N7 (3589 posts) -

Battletoads.

#3 Posted by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE OFFICIAL GIANT BOMB BATTLETOADS SERVER HAS JUST GONE ON-LINE.
#4 Posted by Vyse (74 posts) -

I am so proud to be a part of this community now.

#5 Posted by MB (12409 posts) -

I guess this should be moved to the Battletoads forum and pinned, then.

#6 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

@MB: Fuck that, pin that on the general board and main page it.

#7 Posted by intoblivion (314 posts) -

What just happened?

#8 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Oh nice. Wait, what?!

#9 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

lol

#10 Posted by TobbRobb (4649 posts) -

Haha, awesome! Is that your copy of battletoads?

#11 Posted by Bollard (5550 posts) -

@Willin said:

@MB: Fuck that, pin that on the general board and main page it.

Yep, this should be the front page's main article. Always.

#12 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

A MUD. Also, only accessible through an actual dial-up connection. None of this telnet garbage! :P

#13 Posted by TwoLines (2811 posts) -

Hell yes. Let's play some Battletoads!

#14 Posted by Pazy (2581 posts) -

@Branthog said:

A MUD. Also, only accessible through an actual dial-up connection. None of this telnet garbage! :P

A MUD might be interesting experiment, if we get one hosted for a week or so since I suspect almost no one on Giant Bomb has played one. I would like to see how people who started at the PS2 era (or similar) fares with a text-based MUD. Ive connected to one, I didnt get much further.

#15 Posted by Swoxx (2999 posts) -

Well this is pretty cool!

#16 Edited by Sweep (8861 posts) -
#17 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I'm at a loss for words.
This needs to happen.

#18 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

I'm... Er... This is... Er... What..................................

I'm just going to leave.

#19 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

I'm glad I opened this thread.

#20 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (898 posts) -

Wow.

Anyway, would be cool to get a Evochron Mercenary server going, but I don't think many people play that yet. Just gonna throw that out there anyway.

#21 Posted by DHunter329 (86 posts) -

This is the greatest thing.

#22 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

Is there any way we could change it to a Streets of Rage 2 server? I'm sure the quality of dubstep would be far better.

#23 Posted by DHunter329 (86 posts) -

@Elazul: This is relevant to my love of Streets of Rage 2.

#24 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Awesome!

#25 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I know it´s not a game, but maybe a teamspeak or ventrilo server only for GB users could be cool. It would be the go-to place when playing or maybe just to talk some nonsense for a while. It would also provide a service for all the GB guilds that come and go.

#26 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

What a waste

#27 Posted by Hector (3364 posts) -

That was a quick decision! :)

#28 Edited by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

Figured I'd stop by before leaving for work, got a bit more of a reaction than I expected. :P

Anyway...

@Branthog & @Pazy

You guys actually wouldn't be the first to suggest that, I think it would be a great idea but we would have to get it pinned somewhere to get any reasonable amount of people online. I am definitely considering this seriously, maybe we could even make a Giant Bomb MUD!

@Elazul:

Don't be silly, Streets of Rage 2 is a console game.

@Rattle618:

I actually already have a mumble server up, it will be on the same IP/default port once I figure out what I'll be running here.

I'll be back around 3-4PM MST and I'll try to work towards a serious decision then if I get enough responses.

#29 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Freelancer.

#30 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

I can't seem to connect to the server, is it down or something?

#31 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@Rattle618 said:

I know it´s not a game, but maybe a teamspeak or ventrilo server only for GB users could be cool. It would be the go-to place when playing or maybe just to talk some nonsense for a while. It would also provide a service for all the GB guilds that come and go.

We already have a mumble server dude.

ny.eoreality.net 64747

#32 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast.

#33 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@Rattle618 said:

We already have a mumble server dude.

ny.eoreality.net 64747

Im installing it now.

#34 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

#35 Posted by TurboMan (7544 posts) -

*leaves the wrestling ring forum to see whats going on here*

*scratches head*

*returns to the wrestling ring*

#36 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2382 posts) -

I want to make a real version of this but I realized I have no time. I'd have to actually re-work the game.

#37 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

I've played Battletoads over the internet. It was probably the greatest thing I've done in my entire life.

#38 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

guys we need to mod the Battletoads server with some dubstep

#39 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

I'm confused.

#40 Posted by Daveyo520 (6758 posts) -
#41 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
#42 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

I think we can all agree -- this is the best thread ever. Nothing will be able to top this.

#43 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

This is a great start to my day.

#44 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

This is why Giant Bomb is the best video game site.

#45 Posted by Feruos (10 posts) -

Very nice.

#46 Posted by Oni (2098 posts) -

I love you guys. Also seconding the motion for a Streets of Rage 2 server with Streets of Rage 2 dubstep remixes.

#47 Edited by Trace (3556 posts) -

Allow me to sound like the dude that doesn't get it and suggest L4D2 Versus or CS:S as options. I wouldn't mind giving those a shot on a server I knew was made by GB'ers for GB'ers.

...that aside, Snake Maze run LFG, PST

#48 Posted by Miniexadoor (33 posts) -

Red orchestra 2?

#49 Posted by ESREVER (2691 posts) -

@PsEG said:

Allow me to sound like the dude that doesn't get it and suggest L4D2 Versus or CS:S as options. I wouldn't mind giving those a shot on a server I knew was made by GB'ers for GB'ers.

...that aside, Snake Maze run LFG, PST

Oh man, a GB CS:S server would probably be detrimental to my health. I haven't been able to play that game much because I can't find any worthy servers anymore. But a GunGame GB Server would be amazing.

#50 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4750 posts) -

Killing Floor.