Hello World!

samuraiTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By samuraiTX

I have been a fan of these guys for a long time, but a sort of non-community fan.  Then I was listening to one of the latest podcasts where they are talking about how reviews are less important now than the community.  This struck me as true.  Its Internet after all.   I realized that I had been putting less and less emphasis on reviews myself.  I am here for the talk about games and these guys do the best job I know of filtering the garbage out.

samuraiTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By samuraiTX

I have been a fan of these guys for a long time, but a sort of non-community fan.  Then I was listening to one of the latest podcasts where they are talking about how reviews are less important now than the community.  This struck me as true.  Its Internet after all.   I realized that I had been putting less and less emphasis on reviews myself.  I am here for the talk about games and these guys do the best job I know of filtering the garbage out.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Aeterna

Hmm, i dunno.

On most sites I really wouldn't care about stuff other than reviews/newsarticles. But on GB I'm fine reading random bits and pieces of whatever's posted. 
What I am noticing is that people seem to enjoy watching videos more than reading lengthy reviews. Slowly I think there's a shift to nearly-full video-based material when it's related to reviews atleast.

samuraiTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By samuraiTX

Yeah that seems about right.  They are also doing the thing where they sit down and play the game for a few minutes, like with XBLA games or others.  This is a nice non-review show-and-tell.  They talk about the game and sort of give their take on it, but don't take the time to give it stars.  I like this format.  There is something to the idea that you don't need to play all games for more than a few minutes to realize their value.