Help A Brotha Out!

Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Supertramp

Look, I realize every bastard on these forums has made a thread where he'll post a small list of games & say, "So, I need some help, which game should I purchase next?" Well, I'm joinin' the club.
All these games are incredibly cheap & I'm interested in most of 'em, just got paid, & would dig a new game right about now.
SO! If you wouldn't mind, tell me WHY I should purchase whatever game you post, a small, helpful explanation.
And the list:

The Club
Devil May Cry 4
Army Of Two
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Project Gotham Racing 4
Need For Speed: ProStreet
Timeshift

Gonna buy one of these shits. If you know of any deals goin' on, on some website somewhere, lemme know.
Thanks in advance.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

I would say... I dunno. I'm torn between TimeShift and DMC4.

TimeShift has a mediocre single-player campaign, but it offers some seriously awesome multiplayer with customization options and tons of other features that you never see on consoles. The match variants are incredible, and you can hotswitch all of the settings on the fly, without having to leave and make a new room (it resets the map though). It also adds the fun Time Grenade mechanic. The problem with TimeShift is that nobody plays the multiplayer anymore- it didn't gain enough sales to build up a community, so it's hard to get a game together. it does have free DLC with achievements though.

Devil May Cry is a pretty fun game with some wicked cool combos and fighting styles, even though it forces quite a bit of backtracking. It has some (kind of limited) replay value, but it's an interesting playthrough if you're into Action games.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By twenty0ne

I wouldn't particularly recommend any of those.

But I like your username TC.

Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Supertramp

Thank you Jayge. Man, see, that's the kinda shit I appreciate right there. Most cats just post the game they think is best & leave it at that. You added in that little bit of information, and I appreciate it man.
That's nuts though to me that TimeShift's MP is actually rad. Had no clue about it. Usually with the sleeper games, the sleeper hits, the mutiplayer that is added into the game isn't all too shabby. But maybe if I get TimeShift, we could set up a game???

Thanks man. But keep 'em comin' if anybody else has any suggestions.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DualReaver

Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Because I fucking said so.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayge_
Supertramp said:
"Thank you Jayge. Man, see, that's the kinda shit I appreciate right there. Most cats just post the game they think is best & leave it at that. You added in that little bit of information, and I appreciate it man.
That's nuts though to me that TimeShift's MP is actually rad. Had no clue about it. Usually with the sleeper games, the sleeper hits, the mutiplayer that is added into the game isn't all too shabby. But maybe if I get TimeShift, we could set up a game???

Thanks man. But keep 'em comin' if anybody else has any suggestions."
Anything's possible. I lent it to a friend though. That bastard better still have it.

DualReaver said:
"Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Because I fucking said so."

If you're going to get Condemned, go with the first one. Both are OK, but the first is much more believable, and it's actually interesting to play through. The second feels much more like "we're doing this shit to SHOCK YOU! BE AFRAID!", instead of the truly disturbing things out of the first.
Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Supertramp

I actually have the 1st game & haven't beaten it. I have such a bad habit of playin' through a bit of each game I own & not returning to it until way later. I haven't completed a lot of my 360 games. It's a shame, I know. But I'll definitely pick up where I left off with Condemned & try and complete it. What I've played through so far, I've sincerely enjoyed.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By whyzenheimer

I'd go with either Devil May Cry 4 or Project Gotham Racing 4 if you like relatively realistic racing games.  DMC is very stylish and fun, but as tired as you might be of the bosses in it when you finish it, you might not want to go back to it that much.  Very fun first playthrough though in my opinion.  PGR has a ton of stuff to do and some interesting match ups in the races, but I prefer my racing games a bit more arcade styled, so I'm much more of a Burnout fan.  Had a lot of fun with it when I rented PGR4, but didn't consider it a keeper.

I thought the Club, Need for Speed: Prostreet (and I liked Most Wanted and Carbon), and Army of Two were all kind of garbage.  Timeshift and Condemned 2 were okay.

Petro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Petro

hey man...listen, i've played all of the games on your list so i think i can help you out...regardless though every game on that list is great and i have loved...but all have almost no replayabitly EXCEPT condemed 2...i keep going back to it and it still is amazing...hope that helps bro..peace

Dakota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dakota

Either Condemned or DMC4, both great games.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By hazelnutman

DMC or Condemned

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By TimeWaffle

DMC if you like the other DMC games and if not then condemned

Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Supertramp
Petro said:
"hey man...listen, i've played all of the games on your list so i think i can help you out...regardless though every game on that list is great and i have loved...but all have almost no replayabitly EXCEPT condemed 2...i keep going back to it and it still is amazing...hope that helps bro..peace"
Thanks man. And thank you to everybody else. I'll probably pick up a couple of titles. I'd say probably TimeShift & DMC4. Well, shit, I dunno haha, I'm an incredibly indecisive dude.
Anyhow, I appreciate all your suggestions.
By the way, just curious, when you guys shop online for games, where do you tend to shop from the most?
Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Supertramp

I am just interested in TimeShift because, I dunno...I like to give the little guys a chance too. Ya know?
I'm totally a fan of some of the mainstream, well - known titles, definitely. But, some of these "sleepers," I like to at least give 'em a shot. If they're decent, I'll probably at some point shell out some dough for 'em when they're cheap.
Not saying that you all DON'T give these games a chance, cause obviously, most have.
Maaan, yeah, I think DMC4 might be a definite. Now to think of the 2nd one...

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By normajean777

the question is do you have a ps3? also if not dmc4 has great action and i loved it but if you dont have it i say viva pinata it looks kiddy but man is that game addicting

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Bennyishere

My favorite in that list is Project Gotham Racing 4. If you like racing, get it.

Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Supertramp
Bennyishere said:
"My favorite in that list is Project Gotham Racing 4. If you like racing, get it."
I like racing. But Project Gotham is like a mix of arcade & simulation, right?
Or is it leaning more towards the arcade - ish side?
Cause I don't really like Forza 2, it's a highly rated, great game, to those people who have all sorts of knowledge about cars & shit. But, I do not, so I prefer the racing games like GRID.
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Termite

Devil May Cry 4...

You know why? Because it's the only one on that list that I played! Beat that!

psr388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By psr388

all of those are shit

Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Supertramp
psr388 said:
"all of those are shit"
Thanks bro. For all of your help.
Really...thank you.
creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By creamstatic
twenty0ne said:
"I wouldn't particularly recommend any of those.

But I like your username TC."
... you know what, I would just say the same thing... mmm ok ok. It's your taste in games. I'll try to help.

I couldnt sit down for more than 10 minutes playing the original condemned. Scared the shit outta me... STOP LAUGHING! It's no joke. Have you got the first?
If you have the first, GET the second. It's good shit. It really messes with your head and its good art direction. Just cause I couldnt handle the scaryness, doesnt mean you cant. That way you got a sequel in your collection right? I'd wanna play the first before getting thrown into the next. So I could understand the story more. It really is interesting though. Apparently this one is scarier than the last! Now thats crazy. If you like horror, get this shit yo.

PGR4 - I guess it seems you dont like customization much, just wanna race huh? Seems like the right game here for that.
Check out the video review here: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25838.html
there's like no tuning necessary for the cars and it still looks good.

Devil May Cry 4, I dont like beat-em-up, slash-em up, fuk-em up watever type games, but it does seem like a lot of "fun" for those who like that genre. If you like stringing together combos and that lark, this'll be great for you.

Timeshift, avoid. Geez. Dont just get it cause you can. Unless your real into Generic shooters. If so... I have nothing to say to you on that.

Need for Speed: Pro Street, I played the demo, didnt like, and I love driving games. I'll just say one thing:
the engine sounds and the movement of the car, are not calibrated together correctly. Doesnt "feel" right. That was my impression. And that, is just NOT ON. Download the demo and you'll see.
AVOID.

The Club ? LMFAO ROFL So anyways, yea.... NO

Army of Two - I just.. mmmm,  I heard the single player AI partner is rubbish and its best to be played with a human as player 2. I'll let you decide on that one. I wouldnt get it, no one is playing it on my friends list. but then, I suppose you make friends with people who play it, once you get it. Story isnt much to be desired for me.

So... summing up

Racing: PGR 4
Beat-em-up: DMC 4
Survival Horror: Condemned

Pick your favourite genre out of the 3 and the rest is in your pocket. I'd get PGR4 cause i think it'd last you the longest. and you'd enjoy yourself. PEACE