Help clarify the Assassins Creed Story so far for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I played through AC, AC2, and I am now about half way through Brotherhood. So far I am loving brotherhood, but I am trying to recall my memory of the last two games, story wise, but it's not the most easy thing to do, given I played through AC fours years ago and AC2 over a year ago. Is there a video on youtube that someone can direct me to? If not, can someone just give me a quick run down of what I have played so far, so I can remember the story more clearly and enjoy what I am playing even more. Thanks.

As an aside, I am super excited for AC3, as the colonial setting really excites me. Would it be smart to go he way of the GB crew and just skip Revelations?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Assassin's Creed: Uh.

Assassin's Creed II: Uh.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: Uh.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations: Uh.

Assassin's Creed III: Uh.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Revelations is more important to the franchise's plot than the Bombcast makes it out to be.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

@FluxWaveZ: I don't know if I'd call it important, but I found it to have some of the best and most interesting storytelling in the series so far. I played it about six months after it came out and couldn't understand a lot of the complaints. I enjoyed it far more than Brotherhood.

As for the story/question

Stabby, evil wizard, glowy orb, wall scribbles, dead family, stabby, punch the shit out of the pope, AGHHHH ALIEN SPACE END OF THE WORLD!, explodey house, stabby, tiny village, AGHH SPACE ALIENS and chandeliers, stab that girl what was once in heroes, old dudes in sealed up rooms.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunstarRed: I can see I may get no legit help. LOL

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

@MrPilkington: To be fair my description does make the exact same amount of sense...kinda.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunstarRed: All joking aside... yeah, it actually does.

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Okay brief summary time.. Obvious spoilers for all the games. I'm focusing on the Desmund story not Altiar or Ezio.

In assassins creed 1, Desmund Miles and normal guys gets captured by templars who explore his genetic memories using a device called the animus. They want to find the location of the pieces of Eden (devices left behind by the race before humans which have incredible powers, in fact most of the bible is based on illusions created by these objects0 which they will use to rule the world (which they see as a good thing as it removes conflict and disunity). He enters the mind of his ancestor Altair, part of a secretive brotherhood of assassins, in the holy lands during the time of the crusades. He tracks down and kills Templars who are in positions of power. At the end of the first game the Templars use Altiars memories to find the locations of the pieces of Eden and

In assassins creed 2 Desmund with the help of Lucy who was apparently a templar in the first game but is actually and assassin spy, escapes the Templar hideout and goes back into the animus and in order to train to be an assassin himself. He enters the mind of an ancestor in renaissance Italy, Ezio and follows his memories as he takes revenge on the Templars who murdered his family. At the end he finds out some sort of global catastrophe that wiped out the forerunner civilization is returning in 2012 (relating to the Dayan calender end of the world thing) and that he must stop it using the pieces of Eden and other technology left in hidden tombs like places around the world. At the end the templars the warehouse he has been using to train in and he and the other assassins manage to flee

In assassins creed brotherhood you return to Ezios villa in modern times to locate the apple of eden. You explore Ezios memories after he becomes a master assassin as he eliminates the Bougia in Italy. In the end you find the apple in present time but a strange image of a forerunner speaking of prophecy makes you stab Lucy and fall into a coma.

In revelations you are plugged into the animus in order to keep you mind from unraveling and you continue to explore Ezios memories. Exzois now an old man in Constantinople finding special keys left behind by Altiar to enter his secret chambers. You fight the usual Templars and Byzantines to recover the keys. In the end both the stories of Altair and Ezio are wrapped up nicely and you are shown and nice image of the apocalypse. You awaken knowing what to do to prevent the end of the world.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Brendan

If you go to the franchise page on the site it gives you a good rundown.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Sploder

Ezio has sex with the RZA's great great great grandmother inadvertently giving birth to the Wu Tang Clan. AC WUTANG is in development by the def jam fight for new york team due for release on next generation platforms in 2015.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Starfishhunter9: You summary was very helpful. However, as I am currently playing through Brotherhood, I made a critical mistake of not noticing that I am reading the summary of Brotherhood and I totally ruined the ending. Oh well, I'm still gonna finish it. lol

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Jimbo

If you paid attention and 'got' Brotherhood, you don't really need to play Revelations imo. It mostly just clarifies things which were inferred in Brotherhood. That and Revelations' own storyline is some of the laziest 'find the x artifact fragments!' game writing imaginable.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By AiurFlux

Fuck. I was writing out a little recap and it just came to me how god awful the pacing is in the first game. Fuck sakes it's bad. I guess I'll just point you here and say good luck.

@Jimbo said:

If you paid attention and 'got' Brotherhood, you don't really need to play Revelations imo. It mostly just clarifies things which were inferred in Brotherhood. That and Revelations' own storyline is some of the laziest 'find the x artifact fragments!' game writing imaginable.

I personally liked the ending though. It just kind of seemed... nice. An old warrior finally hanging it up after a lifetime of battle following a purpose that he didn't yet know. The rest of the game seemed meh though. When your big addition is adding in a hook to the blade then there's something wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sploder said:

Ezio has sex with the RZA's great great great grandmother inadvertently giving birth to the Wu Tang Clan. AC WUTANG is in development by the def jam fight for new york team due for release on next generation platforms in 2015.

Would play.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghostiet

@AiurFlux said:

I personally liked the ending though. It just kind of seemed... nice. An old warrior finally hanging it up after a lifetime of battle following a purpose that he didn't yet know. The rest of the game seemed meh though. When your big addition is adding in a hook to the blade then there's something wrong.

My biggest problem with the ending of Revelations was that it didn't fully resolve Ezio's story - the plot of the Embers film could have been handled here nicely in a short gameplay segment, especially since how lovely it parallels Altair's end.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red12b

@FluxWaveZ said:

Revelations is more important to the franchise's plot than the Bombcast makes it out to be.

Howso?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Ghostiet The genius I found out later was that you would never see Ezio's death through Desmond, or in gameplay. You only got to see Altair's because of the way those discs work; the discs showed Ezio what happened, who Desmond was still riding. As soon as Ezio has his kid with Sofia, Desmond's genetic memories will follow the kid and not Ezio.

So yeah, I would've liked him actually to go to his final rest in the game itself, but there's a great narrative reason why not.

Getting to watch Ezio grow from a teenager to a man to an old man has been one of the best stories in this generation. Hell, remember the first thing we see of him was being born, remember how it seemed like he wasn't going to make it and his father held him? Then he's a young buck, then he's a Master Assassin and then Mentore. I don't think the best part of the AC2 trilogy was the story or the improved open world; it was Ezio.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ghostiet

@Brodehouse: Never thought of that. Now I like that ending better.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Red12b said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Howso?

I consider just the fact that we know Desmond's father is working with the modern assassin group to be significant.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By ashleychittock

The first 30 seconds of this video provides a good summary. Spoilers.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Red12b

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Red12b said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Howso?

I consider just the fact that we know Desmond's father is working with the modern assassin group to be significant.

yeah but, that'l be info that'l be told in AC 3 surely, by all other accounts the game is a total waste of space in terms of significance to Desmond's story, (Apart from a BS back story)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse: You raise some very good points. I was looking back in my mind to all the great memories of Ezio and what all I have went through with him, as the player and I can honestly say it's kind of remarkable. Thanks for illuminating this in my mind.